Parents brawl at softball game

Not surprising.

Kids base ball brings out the worst in parents who think their kids are Joe DiMaggio.

I've seen fights break out at these games before. Its foolish but the parents can be idiots about a simple base ball game.

Its supposed to be fun not a knock down drag out fight. LOL

Having spent many years as a little league coach I can tell you it's not that uncommon. I rarely had problems with the kids, but often did with the parents. You try to be tactful with them, but really want to be truthful.

“Why isn't my son a pitcher?” - Cuz he can't throw the ball as far as the plate.

“Why doesn't my son play more?” - Cuz he doesn't want to

Having spent many years as a little league coach I can tell you it's not that uncommon. I rarely had problems with the kids, but often did with the parents. You try to be tactful with them, but really want to be truthful.

“Why isn't my son a pitcher?” - Cuz he can't throw the ball as far as the plate.

Parents complaining about their kids' treatment: not uncommon.
All-out brawl? Uncommon. Yeah, when they happen, we hear about it (Yay for smart phones with video), but it is pretty rare. Over the last 5 years I have attended literally thousands of youth sporting events, and have seen exactly one incident where punches were thrown in the stands. And that one was a doozy. Squirt hockey (9 and 10 year olds). Started with two moms. One wanted to talk shit. The other was willing to throw hands. By the time it was over, there was a pile of about 15-20 people going at it. Of the instigators, one went to the hospital with a broken nose and eye orbital. The other went to jail.

Parents complaining about their kids' treatment: not uncommon.
All-out brawl? Uncommon. Yeah, when they happen, we hear about it (Yay for smart phones with video), but it is pretty rare. Over the last 5 years I have attended literally thousands of youth sporting events, and have seen exactly one incident where punches were thrown in the stands. And that one was a doozy. Squirt hockey (9 and 10 year olds). Started with two moms. One wanted to talk shit. The other was willing to throw hands. By the time it was over, there was a pile of about 15-20 people going at it. Of the instigators, one went to the hospital with a broken nose and eye orbital. The other went to jail.

Oh, I agree. I only saw two parent fights in all the years I coached. I meant the parent being more problems than the children was not uncommon. Sorry if I expressed myself poorly.

A reflection of the coarsening and deterioration of the culture. Marxists are celebrating.
We didn’t have issues like this back when I was a kid and we didn’t have mercy rules and participation trophies. We beat teams by 20 runs or more. We won one game by 60-0! 6-inning baseball. Against one of my neighborhood friend’s team. You just move on and try to improve.

If I had been at that game, I would have been the first to tell them people to "Beat it!" How dare they embarrass their kids like that!

God bless you and the kids always!!!

Holly

HAHA As a soccer coach I had the same experience. Parents want to know why their kid isn't playing more. The answer is simple. When I tell your child to go in the game they tell me they're to tired and they want to know when the game is over. I'm not going to force a kid to play who clearly doesn't want to. So, the same kids who are eager to play get the most time.

I remember the sponsor for my daughter’s T-ball team pitched a fit one night because our volunteer coach missed her ride and didn’t get to our game. The assistant coach managed the team in her absence.

The sponsor was livid. She paced up and down the baseline calling this coach incompetent and took up a petition to have the volunteer coach fired. She didn’t like the way the coach ran practices. She didn’t like that all the kids got equal playing time. The kids just stopped playing and stared at her.

At the time, our team was 9 and 1 and leading the league. We were the top team in the league. None of our games were close, except the one we lost by one run. And we’re talking T-ball and a volunteer coach.

Unbelievable.

A reflection of the coarsening and deterioration of the culture. Marxists are celebrating.
We didn’t have issues like this back when I was a kid and we didn’t have mercy rules and participation trophies. We beat teams by 20 runs or more. We won one game by 60-0! 6-inning baseball. Against one of my neighborhood friend’s team. You just move on and try to improve.
I'm willing to bet next month's house pay,net that none of the hicks brawling there were "Marxists".

Try calling a spade a spade. These people are the result of poor upbringing, behaving that way.

I'm willing to bet next month's house pay,net that none of the hicks brawling there were "Marxists".

Try calling a spade a spade. These people are the result of poor upbringing, behaving that way.
The cultural coarsening is a result of Marxism. Those brawlers are just the oblivious consequence.

The cultural coarsening is a result of Marxism. Those brawlers are just the oblivious consequence.
The cultural coarsening is the child of many mothers. Don't go around thinking that the current administration is blameless. And those brawlers are in Tennessee, not on the campus at a New England Liberal Arts college.

What a load..Marxism...But thanks for the laughs.

What a load..Marxism...But thanks for the laughs.
Ah! Marxism! Is there nothing we can't hang on you?

Forum List

Back