Palin to Obama:Stop Passing the Buck

[And yet . . . . Obama kept her in place. Obama has had 16 months to correct the "MMS's 'culture of corruption' which happened under the previous administration" . . . . and exactly what has he done to correct this?

This mess falls under the Obama administration and his blaming Bush is old, tiresome, and bullshit.

So you fully support substantially more draconian regulation, restriction, and oversight of the oil industry?

I say get rid of the royalty system. Let the federal government hire companies to extract OUR oil, and then it goes directly into the possession of the federal government, NOT sold on open market for the profit of big oil.

[And yet . . . . Obama kept her in place. Obama has had 16 months to correct the "MMS's 'culture of corruption' which happened under the previous administration" . . . . and exactly what has he done to correct this?

This mess falls under the Obama administration and his blaming Bush is old, tiresome, and bullshit.

So you fully support substantially more draconian regulation, restriction, and oversight of the oil industry?

How'd you get that from my post?

Because that is what you implied. Is that a yes or a no?

Obama received quite a wad of campaign money from BP. I think he is the highest paid EVER by that company.

Here's another tidbit I'm sure Obama and Company would like to palm off of the previous administration...but can't. It is a matter of RECORD!

Obama sheltered BP's Deepwater Horizon rig from regulatory requirement

It's the Obama administration that was used to holding hands with BP.

The accident happened because of carelessness and gross negligence aboard the Deepwater Horizon. It had NOTHING to do with the fact that we drill offshore. There are THOUSANDS of offshore wells producing oil from the Gulf. Scroll down in this interesting article to see the map of nearly 4000 drilling platforms (from 2006).
Oil platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama can't keep the Chinese from drilling around Cuba and he can't "take over" the abatement operation if and when one of China's wells has a problem.

Using this accident as an argument against offshore drilling is lunacy. Blaming Bush or Obama is childish. The fact that Obama slacked up on bird-dogging BP may have had something to do with their carelessness, but it was a dumb decision (or decisions) by people aboard the rig that caused this environmental disaster. Now they are doing their best to stop the leak and Obama is acting like he's doing all the work and controlling things from his remote vacation spot in Chicago...on Memorial Day.

Last edited:
Nearly 40 days in, our President finally addressed the American people’s growing concerns about the Gulf Coast oil spill. Listening to today’s press conference, you’d think the administration has been working with single-minded focus on the Gulf gusher since the start of the disaster. In reality, their focus has been anything but singular to help solve this monumental problem.

If the President really was fully focused on this issue from day one, why did it take nine whole days before the administration asked the Department of Defense for help in deploying equipment needed for the extreme depth spill site?

Why was the expert group assembled by Energy Commissioner Steven Chu only set up three weeks after the start of this disaster?

Why was Governor Jindal forced more than a month after the start of the disaster to go on national television to beg for materials needed to tackle the oil spill and for federal approval to build offshore sand barriers that are imperative to protect his state’s coastline?

Why was no mention of the spill made by our President for days on end while Americans waited to hear if he grasped the import of his leadership on this energy issue?

Why have several countries and competent organizations who offered help or expertise in dealing with the spill not even received a response back from the Unified Area Command to this day?

The President claimed that “this notion that somehow the federal government is somehow sitting on the sidelines and for the last three or four or five weeks we’ve just been letting BP make a whole bunch of decisions is simply not true.” But, in fact, that is how U.S. Coast Guard Commandant Thad Allen described the Obama administration’s approach to this crisis: “We keep a close watch.”

Listening to the President, you get the impression he is continually surprised by the inability of various centralized government agencies to get more involved and help solve problems. His lack of executive experience might explain this because he is apparently unaware that it’s his job as a chief executive to make sure they do their jobs and help solve problems.

Sarah Palin: Passing The Buck Doesn?t ?Plug the D#*! Hole? | Facebook

I blame Obama...

If it wasn't for his insatiable demand for oil to fuel Air Force One for his trips to New York and Copenhagen we would not even have to drill in the Gulf

Add Pelosi to the list for Oil Guzzlers, her Private Jet to fly around the Country all the time costs a lot too.

Absolutely, Pelosi is a gas whore also..

We need more of those Green Republicans who only drive fuel efficient cars.....or in Palins case, rides a bus

Because that is what you implied. Is that a yes or a no?

Implied? How bout what I actually posted?

Obama insinuates that the past administration is at fault for the corrupt culture of the MMS and yet 16 months in and what has he done to address this corrupt culture? Nothing. So he shifts the spotlight from himself by blaming the Bush admin, hoping that no one takes note that he's kept the Bush status quo since taking office. Double-speak he's good at but John Q. Public is sick and tired of his games. If things were that bad why didn't he make changes? It is his watch.

I have no idea of more or less regulation is needed, I haven't read the cause of the explosion, and I don't know who is to blame for this happening. I've read blame put on Bush, Clinton, Reagan, BP, MMS. Obama is president and 16 months in he continues to deflect any responsibility.

Last edited:
There's a reason she and McCain lost the election.

You're right. Palin & McCain didn't promise the greedy what they knew was unobtainable, nor did they have an underground workforce paying and registering (under several different names), the homeless, indigent, uninformed, and dead to vote Democratic.

Either you have evidence to back that up or you are a LPOS. Which is it?

Evidence has been in the public spotlight during and since the election. You're obviously the WDG.

You're right. Palin & McCain didn't promise the greedy what they knew was unobtainable, nor did they have an underground workforce paying and registering (under several different names), the homeless, indigent, uninformed, and dead to vote Democratic.

Either you have evidence to back that up or you are a LPOS. Which is it?

Evidence has been in the public spotlight during and since the election. You're obviously the WDG.

Can you point to any compelling evidence of voter fraud?

Or are you just a LPOS?

Last edited:
I blame Obama...

If it wasn't for his insatiable demand for oil to fuel Air Force One for his trips to New York and Copenhagen we would not even have to drill in the Gulf

Obama301.jpg

And it’s time for the administration to stop passing the buck and get control of the disaster in the Gulf. There’s a reason why Harry Truman had that famous sign on his desk. The “buck stops” with the occupant of the Oval Office. When the American people elected President Obama they gave him responsibility to handle this disaster. He promised to “heal the earth, and watch the waters recede...”

How does Palin reconcile this statement with her simplistic "Drill, baby, Drill" mantra during the election?

The Palin energy policy has always been drill for oil regardless of potential environmental risk

What makes you think she'll have to reconcile it? Her cult-like followers will say that asking the question you just did means you have "Palin Derangement Syndrome" and penis envy.

Blame Bush and big oil for the disaster, even though Obama and Landrieu have been BP's top receiptiants of campaign money.

Even though Obama has had 16 months to clean up the MMS and did nothing, there is also supposed to be WH memos floating around claiming the administration wanted to downsize the Coast Guards oil clean up.

You guys think if you repeat the same lie enough times, it'll magically become true. 60% of BP's campaign contributions in 2008 went to Republicans and that's not a recent trend. Since 1990, 71% have been placed in GOP pockets.

Last edited:
Rinata to Palin: Why don't you just shut up?? Your opinion is worthless.

The problem is that Obama has not done shit to plug the leak.

He should actually postpone his vacations , get off his ass, and do something useful.

Hooray for Sarah Palin and what a waste of space is Obama .

And it’s time for the administration to stop passing the buck and get control of the disaster in the Gulf. There’s a reason why Harry Truman had that famous sign on his desk. The “buck stops” with the occupant of the Oval Office. When the American people elected President Obama they gave him responsibility to handle this disaster. He promised to “heal the earth, and watch the waters recede...”

How does Palin reconcile this statement with her simplistic "Drill, baby, Drill" mantra during the election?

The Palin energy policy has always been drill for oil regardless of potential environmental risk

You can still advocate building bridges while realizing that the government needs to help when a massive bridge collapses.

Obviously we need to drill, we need gasoline , you should realize this sewerboy.

Although harnessing all your hit aura would help the energy problem.

The problem is that Obama has not done shit to plug the leak.

He should actually postpone his vacations , get off his ass, and do something useful.

Hooray for Sarah Palin and what a waste of space is Obama .

The Palin comments regarding Obama's passing the buck are spot on.

Obama dithered while the oil flowed into the ocean waters - he appeared indifferent to it all, only giving it passing commentary well into the second week of the disaster. Since then his commentary has increased only as the public outcry has - and STILL he has done so little of anything substantive.

I did not vote for Obama, and I don't agree with much of his politics - but even I am stunned at just how incompetent he has been during this ordeal. The guy appears utterly bereft of any ability to actually lead during a time of crisis.

The fact the government agency responsible for oversight of offshore drilling was in such a shambles does not bode well for all other government agencies under Obama, namely those responsible for keeping us safe.

I was stunend when the head of the coast guard and Janet Napolitono were on Fox with Charlie Gibson and they said that the only thing their administration is going to do is supervise BP.

Forum List

Back