Urge your Members of Congress to Support AZ's Immigration Enforcement Law!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by get_involved, May 29, 2010.

1. get_involved

get_involved Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +565
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    No. The law is the right thing. You are a dumb thing.

Next ....

3. Devin

Devin Feel the breeze

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hey Gunny, don't you really think Texas will pass a similar law? Lots of problemas down around El Paso, Juarez and points south.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    One can only hope. Last I checked, we have National Guard troops on the border. The border violence down here is BAD.

The fact is, as well as the problem is ... we don't need more laws. We need someone with the balls to enforce the ones we have.

5. Devin

Devin Feel the breeze

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8

Very well said. You probably know then that the Ariz law is actually the Fed law with more restraints against possible misuse (for lack of a better term). The Feds did not enforce the laws they have on the books, so the State said enough of this crap and empowered themselves. IT's a good thing. Most people don't understand how bad the illegal problem is right now.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Too many people are caught up in their blind, partisan idealism to honestly assess the problem of illegal immigration and/or turn a blind eye to what it does to our social and economic infrastructure.

It Hispanic community in the US doesn't help. They will blindly vote for allowing illegal immigration, not considering the fact they, as tax paying US citizens are hurting themselves.

Neither party will risk alienating that vote; which, leaves illegal immigration at an impasse.

I have NO problem with AZ re-taking it's Constitutional Rights back from the Federal Government. If our governor wasn't a lefty disguised in a blue suit and red tie, he'd grow some balls and do the same.

7. Devin

Devin Feel the breeze

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8

That's exactly where Obama gets his power, from the minorities. He's lost the Independent voters I think, but the minorities just looooooooove him. You know, those magic shoes. If his Teflon Don status finally fails - which seems to be cracking - then he may be a one-termer. What do you think - will he be re-elected by enough minority voters?

8. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    If he pushes Amnesty he will get a large hispanic vote but I don't think the black voters want amnesty though.

9. Devin

Devin Feel the breeze

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8

Welcome, Ted. This is a good board.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I think he's lost the moderate/independent vote. I also think he's pissed off enough conservatives they might actually vote next election. The left acts like they can win if the right turns out. Not.

Problem is, the right is split and has no candidate. Conservatives and neocons don't get along and they can't get past their idealism to keep the commies out of office. They want to take a stand on principle while the left is taking a stance on having the power to turn us into another mediocre, Euro-state.

While the right does all this petty squabbling, Obama is rendering the US Constitution null and void.

Sadly, he'll probably win next election unless the right can come up with a candidate that's willing and able to stand up to the leftwingnut media's smear machine, AND consolidate conservatives and neocons.

I will say, I vote GOP only because doing nothing is preferential to me than the destruction of democracy the left goes after. I honestly think BOTH parties suck, and are concerned only with their self-preservation.