Palin Takes On AP - and Trumps Obama Again

Should this have been censored?

Was%20Robert%20Capas%20Famous%20Civil%20War%20Photo%20A%20Fake.jpg

Classy post.

Anything to back that up? Or, are you taking a page out of Alinsky's Rules - ridicule rather than argue? Cause that's what it looks like to me.
um, isn't that about what you did in your first post in this thread?

Maybe a little. But I backed it up with some evidence, rather than just made claims, and ridiculed anyone who disagreed. Palin isn't stealing Obama's news cycle. The OP is factually incorrect.
i'll agree with that, i don't see how this had anything to do with Obama
but you DID do exactly what Dude was predicting

um, isn't that about what you did in your first post in this thread?

Maybe a little. But I backed it up with some evidence, rather than just made claims, and ridiculed anyone who disagreed. Palin isn't stealing Obama's news cycle. The OP is factually incorrect.
i'll agree with that, i don't see how this had anything to do with Obama
but you DID do exactly what Dude was predicting

The Dude was predicting that someone who didn't like Palin would respond.

Is that really much of a prediction? This is a political message board, and at least half of the people here don't like Palin. The ridicule is straight out of Rules for Radicals.

Palin trumped Obama because she is an unemployed housewife who has time to post on Facebook...Obama has a job.

You would be bitching that Obama was wasting time if he was sitting around updating his Facebook status throughout the day:

Barack Obama is going to call Gordon Brown. Gonna get an egg salad sandwich first...whole wheat bread. LOL.
31 minutes ago · Comment · Like

An hour ago from the Kansas City Star - columnist Yael T. Abouhalkah - who most recently described Americans as ignorant regarding their lack of support for Obamacare...

Palin denounces AP over photo of dying Marine

By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist

Sarah Palin has added her voice to that of many Americans angry about The Associated Press' distribution of a photo of a dying Marine.

In a Facebook posting this week, the former governor of Alaska said:

Many of us join Secretary (Robert) Gates in condemning the Associated Press for its heartless and selfish decision to turn its back on the wishes of a grieving family in order to exploit the tragic death of a true American hero. Lance Corporal Joshua 'Bernie' Bernard was a selfless young American who sacrificed everything for our freedom. Shame on the AP for purposely adding to the grieving family's pain. Ignoring the family's wishes by publishing a sacred image of their loved one proved a despicable and heartless act by the AP. The family said they didn't want the photo published. AP, you did it anyway, and you know it was an evil thing to do.

It wasn't "evil"; it was responsible journalism.

Gates had lobbied the AP to not distribute the photo, taken after Bernard was injured in a firefight in Afghanistan but before he died.

He wrote: "Your lack of compassion and common sense in choosing to put this image of their maimed and stricken child on the front page of multiple American newspapers is appalling. The issue here is not law, policy or constitutional right -- but judgment and common decency."

But the AP didn't break any rules of judgment or decency in this case. The photographer, Julie Jacobson, was embedded with Bernard's squad.

Part of her job is to show that war can be hell. Her photo did just that.

Or as the AP put it, the picture showed "the grimness of war and the sacrifice of young men and women fighting it."

If photographers are going to show American service men and women bravely serving their country, they also regrettably are going to show young Americans dying for their country.

Readers of his column appear to have a different opinion...

The media used to have class
Submitted by Nukman on September 8, 2009 - 3:33pm.

The media used to have class and a soul. Since Watergate yellow journalism rules.

A picture of a naked rape victim would show what happened too, but would anyone have the lack of class to print one?
___

Yawl wouldn't know decency if it slapped him in the face
Submitted by twas_was on September 8, 2009 - 3:09pm.

The press used to know when and what to publish. It is shameful. Yael, can you put yourself in the father's shoes for just a moment? Or are you too far gone for that?
____

Of course, the Mountain Goat doesn't get this
Submitted by Groenhagen on September 8, 2009 - 2:59pm.

The little man never served in uniform and it is doubtful that his children will.

Palin denounces AP over photo of dying Marine | Midwest Voices

Dumbass thread # 5980

Sarah who?

You know, the best way to show your disdain for threads like this are:

1. Don't post in them

or

2. just simply state the uselessness of the thread without arguing the point, and then don't post in them.

Last edited:

Palin trumped Obama because she is an unemployed housewife who has time to post on Facebook...Obama has a job.

You would be bitching that Obama was wasting time if he was sitting around updating his Facebook status throughout the day:

Barack Obama is going to call Gordon Brown. Gonna get an egg salad sandwich first...whole wheat bread. LOL.

Yes and while Obama is talking to the school children 250, 000 more jobs were lost. Don't ya think he ought to do something about this fucked up economy instead of giving speeches to children?

Sarah Palin rapid deployment bedwetter squad to arrive in.....

Oh man did you ever call that one.

Look at the libs tripping all over themselves in their haste to ridicule and marginalize Palin.

:lol:

Sarah Palin rapid deployment bedwetter squad to arrive in.....

Classy post.

Anything to back that up? Or, are you taking a page out of Alinsky's Rules - ridicule rather than argue? Cause that's what it looks like to me.

Actually your initial response showed the very applicable indication of that post.

And all the while, the Palin statement is generating the news cycle buzz.

Maybe tomorrow's healtcare speech can get Obama back on the front page - though he may not care for the reaction to said speech...

First I've heard of it. Checked CNN.com, foxnews.com and Drudge and there is nothing there. How exactly is it generating news cycle buzz?

Last edited:

Yes and while Obama is talking to the school children 250, 000 more jobs were lost. Don't ya think he ought to do something about this fucked up economy instead of giving speeches to children?

Tomorrow is a high stakes speech for Obama. If he lays down the gauntlet regarding a demand for a public option - he is going to face a very considerable backlash.

It will be interesting to see what he comes out with...

Story regarding Palin's comments against the AP photo of the dying Marine is now among the top stories on the CNN Political Ticker - easily surpassing the Obama school speech story...

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin calls news org ‘heartless and selfish’ « - Blogs from CNN.com

Try going to CNN's page.

Political News, Analysis and Opinion from CNN.com

Sure doesn't look like Palin's story is No. #1...

All the "top stories" link to the political ticker where the Palin story response section is currently #2 - right behind the Clinton to Obama story.

And that Clinton to Obama story is fascinating.

Wheels within wheels...plans within plans........

Story regarding Palin's comments against the AP photo of the dying Marine is now among the top stories on the CNN Political Ticker - easily surpassing the Obama school speech story...

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin calls news org ‘heartless and selfish’ « - Blogs from CNN.com

Try going to CNN's page.

Political News, Analysis and Opinion from CNN.com

Sure doesn't look like Palin's story is No. #1...

All the "top stories" link to the political ticker where the Palin story response section is currently #2 - right behind the Clinton to Obama story.

And that Clinton to Obama story is fascinating.

Wheels within wheels...plans within plans........
why don't you ask a mod to edit the title and remove the "and trumps obama" and then it wouldn't be an inaccurate title

I'm with Palin and Obama on this one.

The press should defer to the wishes of the family on this one. The soldier wasn't nationally known and publishing his picture wasn't necessary

I'm with Palin and Obama on this one.

The press should defer to the wishes of the family on this one. The soldier wasn't nationally known and publishing his picture wasn't necessary

I was not aware Obama spoke to this issue.

Could you please provide a link of that? - thank you.

Forum List

Back