Palin Takes On AP - and Trumps Obama Again

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Sarah Palin is at it again - stating the case directly, with both force and conviction.

Her strongly worded post on Facebook gives an aggressive rebuke of the AP's decision to run a photo of a a US Marine in the midst of dying due to injuries sustained in battle. The Marine's family had requested the photo not be published - the AP ignored that request.

It should be noted, this is the same AP that refused to publish cartoons of Muhammed, stating to do so would be "offensive".

And on the same day Obama gave his speech to students, Palins remarks are quickly dispatching the President to minor news. Time Magazine placed Palin's remarks as the #1quote of the day - the president following behind her.

Well said Mrs. Palin...

"Many of us join Secretary Gates in condemning the Associated Press for its heartless and selfish decision to turn its back on the wishes of a grieving family in order to exploit the tragic death of a true American hero.

Lance Corporal Joshua ‘Bernie’ Bernard was a selfless young American who sacrificed everything for our freedom.

Shame on the AP for purposely adding to the grieving family’s pain. Ignoring the family’s wishes by publishing a sacred image of their loved one proved a despicable and heartless act by the AP. The family said they didn’t want the photo published. AP, you did it anyway, and you know it was an evil thing to do.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bernard family. Words can not adequately express our sorrow and appreciation for your sacrifice. We will never forget your Marine or his fallen comrades.

May God bless the Bernard family."

Palin takes on AP (Dying Marine Photo)

Who The Fuck Cares!?!?

Seriously, are you just going to keep posting everything that joke says? What does this have to do with anything? Palin didn't "take on" the AP, and she sure as shit didn't "trump" Obama. Do a google search - there are 17 news stories about Palin's remarks. There are 2,745 news stories on Obama's speech to schools.

You, and this thread, fail.

Who The Fuck Cares!?!?

Seriously, are you just going to keep posting everything that joke says? What does this have to do with anything? Palin didn't "take on" the AP, and she sure as shit didn't "trump" Obama. Do a google search - there are 17 news stories about Palin's remarks. There are 2,745 news stories on Obama's speech to schools.

I sense a meltdown in the making!

Sarah Palin rapid deployment bedwetter squad to arrive in.....

:lol::lol:

And you were spot on - check out the response right after yours!

:clap2:

Well, if I'm part of the "bedwetter squad", you must be part of the "sucking Palin's dick" squad, because every other thread you start is about her.

Classy post.

Anything to back that up? Or, are you taking a page out of Alinsky's Rules - ridicule rather than argue? Cause that's what it looks like to me.

Actually your initial response showed the very applicable indication of that post.

And all the while, the Palin statement is generating the news cycle buzz.

Maybe tomorrow's healtcare speech can get Obama back on the front page - though he may not care for the reaction to said speech...

Classy post.

Anything to back that up? Or, are you taking a page out of Alinsky's Rules - ridicule rather than argue? Cause that's what it looks like to me.

Oh I think it's Alinsky's Rule #3. These flamers accuse "liberals" of being so 'scared' of Sarah Palin which is the reason they can't stop bashing her. Yet most threads regarding Palin are started by some Con.

RULE 3: "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy." Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

Classy post.

Actually your initial response showed the very applicable indication of that post.

Maybe tomorrow's healtcare speech can get Obama back on the front page - though he may not care for the reaction to said speech...

Classy post.

LOL -- Yeeup, Rule #3. Keep it going. Let's try a bump-up. :rolleyes:

Who The Fuck Cares!?!?

I sense a meltdown in the making!

Better check your underwear.

Classy post.

Really? So anyone who disagrees with The Joke is part of the "bedwetter squad"?

Show me any evidence that Palin's facebook comment is getting more buzz than Obama's speech.

:lol::lol:

And you were spot on - check out the response right after yours!

:clap2:

Well, if I'm part of the "bedwetter squad", you must be part of the "sucking Palin's dick" squad, because every other thread you start is about her.

Just a quick anatomy lesson as you seem to be in need.

BOYS have penises.

GIRLS have vaginas.

Is that more clear for you?

Classy post.

um, isn't that about what you did in your first post in this thread?

Maybe a little. But I backed it up with some evidence, rather than just made claims, and ridiculed anyone who disagreed. Palin isn't stealing Obama's news cycle. The OP is factually incorrect.

Great blog regarding the Palin comments against the AP - including a comparison to an AP decision regarding 9-11 that is quite applicable...

In yet another example of selective journalistic standards, the AP decided against the wishes of the family of a young Marine as well as those of the Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, and published a photo of the young man as he lay dying. Their reasoning? Because it shows:

“the grimness of war and the sacrifice of young men and women fighting it”

This wasn’t journalism. It was a hideous form of liberal posturing, the arrogant gloating of a liberal elite media outlet with an axe to grind against anything and everything not quite liberal enough.

Sarah Palin, on her Facebook page, not only calls it wrong - she comes out and calls it evil:

Many of us join Secretary Gates in condemning the Associated Press for its heartless and selfish decision to turn its back on the wishes of a grieving family in order to exploit the tragic death of a true American hero.

Lance Corporal Joshua ‘Bernie’ Bernard was a selfless young American who sacrificed everything for our freedom.

Shame on the AP for purposely adding to the grieving family’s pain. Ignoring the family’s wishes by publishing a sacred image of their loved one proved a despicable and heartless act by the AP. The family said they didn’t want the photo published. AP, you did it anyway, and you know it was an evil thing to do.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bernard family. Words can not adequately express our sorrow and appreciation for your sacrifice. We will never forget your Marine or his fallen comrades.

May God bless the Bernard family.

-Sarah Palin

I linked the Patterico article on this because of a simple question he asks at the end of his post. At the start of this piece I said that this was selective journalism from the AP no matter what they say about their objectivity and high moral standards. Paterrico sums it up with one question:

The AP is right that war is grim, and not just foreign wars. AP: Where are the photos of people who jumped from the Towers on 9/11?

Bullseye.

And Palin is right - this was deliberate and evil. Shame on them indeed.

Palin To The AP: Publishing That Picture Was Wrong And You Knew It | Say Anything: North Dakota's Most Popular Political Blog

Great blog regarding the Palin comments against the AP - including a comparison to an AP decision regarding 9-11 that is quite applicable...

In yet another example of selective journalistic standards, the AP decided against the wishes of the family of a young Marine as well as those of the Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, and published a photo of the young man as he lay dying. Their reasoning? Because it shows:

“the grimness of war and the sacrifice of young men and women fighting it”

This wasn’t journalism. It was a hideous form of liberal posturing, the arrogant gloating of a liberal elite media outlet with an axe to grind against anything and everything not quite liberal enough.

Sarah Palin, on her Facebook page, not only calls it wrong - she comes out and calls it evil:

Many of us join Secretary Gates in condemning the Associated Press for its heartless and selfish decision to turn its back on the wishes of a grieving family in order to exploit the tragic death of a true American hero.

May God bless the Bernard family.

-Sarah Palin

I linked the Patterico article on this because of a simple question he asks at the end of his post. At the start of this piece I said that this was selective journalism from the AP no matter what they say about their objectivity and high moral standards. Paterrico sums it up with one question:

The AP is right that war is grim, and not just foreign wars. AP: Where are the photos of people who jumped from the Towers on 9/11?

Bullseye.

And Palin is right - this was deliberate and evil. Shame on them indeed.

Palin To The AP: Publishing That Picture Was Wrong And You Knew It | Say Anything: North Dakota's Most Popular Political Blog

So what you're saying is that Palin's comments TOTALLY stole Obama's news cycle - on North Dakota's Most Popular Political Blog?

:lol:

Forum List

Back