Palin supported end of life counseling before she QUIT

Page 428.

See Spot

See Spot Go to Vet for a regular checkup

No, Spot, NO!

Your regular check up DOES not meet the 5 year requirement as set forth on page 425

20 ‘‘(3)(A) An initial preventive physical examination
21 under subsection (WW), including any related discussion
22 during such examination, shall not be considered an
23 advance care planning consultation for purposes of applying
24 the 5-year limitation under paragraph (1).

See Frank

See Frank Post

See Frank fail

See everyone else laugh

OMG - I seriously shot "cophee" out of my nose when I read this. You are on a SERIOUS roll.

Page 428.

See Spot

No, Spot, NO!

Your regular check up DOES not meet the 5 year requirement as set forth on page 425

See Frank

See Frank Post

See Frank fail

See everyone else laugh

OMG - I seriously shot "cophee" out of my nose when I read this. You are on a SERIOUS roll.

::quick bow to the adoring crowd:: :clap2:

I hope Frank doesn't operate anything more difficult to understand than a spatula in real life. Otherwise the people around him are in serious danger.

I hope Frank doesn't operate anything more difficult to understand than a spatula in real life. Otherwise the people around him are in serious danger.

Even a spatula can be hot. I'm hoping he is more in line with the guy that puts the salt on crackers.

Honestly? I am just hoping he doesn't operate said spatula in the state of Virginia!

WHEREAS, one of the principal goals of Healthcare Decisions Day is to encourage hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, continuing care retirement communities, and hospices to participate in a statewide effort to provide clear and consistent information to the public about advance directives, as well as to encourage medical professionals and lawyers to volunteer their time and efforts to improve public knowledge and increase the number of Alaska’s citizens with advance directives.

So let me get this straight. Palin was FOR "death boards" before she was against them???

That's not surprising, she has a habit of doing things like that. Just look at the bridge to nowhere for a perfect example. LOL

WHEREAS, one of the principal goals of Healthcare Decisions Day is to encourage hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, continuing care retirement communities, and hospices to participate in a statewide effort to provide clear and consistent information to the public about advance directives, as well as to encourage medical professionals and lawyers to volunteer their time and efforts to improve public knowledge and increase the number of Alaska’s citizens with advance directives.
So let me get this straight. Palin was FOR "death boards" before she was against them???

That's not surprising, she has a habit of doing things like that. Just look at the bridge to nowhere for a perfect example. LOL
Heck, just look at how she was for being governor before she was against it. :cool:

That's not surprising, she has a habit of doing things like that. Just look at the bridge to nowhere for a perfect example.

Oh, be careful drsmith....LiarFrank will pull something out of his ass to defend Palin's lies on that too. Give him time...

I'm sorry, this is so unfair.I read the bill and can post thiongs from it to back up my claims and you stupid fucking Obama KoolAid snorting Mindless Zombies don't even bother to read the stuff I post form the bill, since obviously actually reading the bill is way way way way above your reading level. // It's too one-sided and unfair. // I'm sorry

Yes, you are, Frank, a very sorry example for poor reading comprehension.

The bill does not interpret the way you want it to. That's the simple truth.

Right now Frank is reading on Glenn, Rush, Sean, and Ann's sites looking for any trash to throw over the trail he has created. But he was boring before, I can't image his next diatribes will be anything other than boring. That's the trouble with mentally damaged like Frank; they keep repeating the same drivel.

Last edited:
Page 425:

"(FF) advance care planning consultation (as defined in subsection (hhh)(1));"; and

(B) by adding at the end the following new subsection:

"Advance Care Planning Consultation

"(hhh)(1) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), the term ‘advance care planning consultation’ means a consultation between the individual and a practitioner described in paragraph (2) regarding advance care planning, if, subject to paragraph (3), the individual involved has not had such a consultation within the last 5 years. Such consultation shall include the following:

"(A) An explanation by the practitioner of advance care planning, including key questions and considerations, important steps, and suggested people to talk to.

"(B) An explanation by the practitioner of advance directives, including living wills and durable powers of attorney, and their uses.

"(C) An explanation by the practitioner of the role and responsibilities of a health care proxy.

"(D) The provision by the practitioner of a list of national and State-specific resources to assist consumers and their families with advance care planning, including the national toll-free hotline,

Practitioner isn't even a real doctor!!!!

(Health Care Hotline: How many I convince you to end your scare health care dollar consuming life today?)

Did I miss the part where it MANDATED anything?

(3), the individual involved has not had such a consultation within the last 5 years.

You MUST visit the nurse every 5 years.

I won't respond until you can show me you've been to Reading Rainbow and watched a few of the videos, I have other thing I need to do beside posting to ignorant people who can't read

Based on the excerpt that you provided there is nothing mandatory about it. You seem to be "reading" that part into it.

I am not a lawyer but what it seems to be saying to me is that if you haven't had a consultation within the last five years your consultation will consist of....and then it lists what the consultation will include.

Did I miss the part where it MANDATED anything?

(3), the individual involved has not had such a consultation within the last 5 years.

You MUST visit the nurse every 5 years.

I won't respond until you can show me you've been to Reading Rainbow and watched a few of the videos, I have other thing I need to do beside posting to ignorant people who can't read

Based on the excerpt that you provided there is nothing mandatory about it. You seem to be "reading" that part into it.

I am not a lawyer but what it seems to be saying to me is that if you haven't had a consultation within the last five years your consultation will consist of....and then it lists what the consultation will include.

Here is a Doc's commentary on it:
Editor's note: Douglas W. Blayney, MD, is president of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and professor of internal medicine at the University of Michigan. He specializes in the treatment of breast cancer and lymphoma and was in private practice for 17 years in California. Brenda Nevidjon, RN, is president of the Oncology Nursing Society and clinical professor of nursing at Duke University School of Nursing. She was the first nurse and first woman to be chief operating officer of Duke University Hospital.

Douglas Blayney says a health care bill provision on end-of-life care has been completely misconstrued.

1 of 2 (CNN) -- The heated national debate on health care reform has taken an unusual turn, with many eyes focused on a minor provision regarding end-of-life care embedded in the House bill.

The measure provides coverage for Medicare beneficiaries who elect to meet with their medical team once every five years to discuss options for treatment if they become seriously ill. It's called end-of-life care or advance care planning.

Some opponents of the House bill have expended great energy and resources in recent weeks to convince seniors that this provision will somehow result in government-sponsored euthanasia.

We have seen the volatile response to these allegations at town hall meetings across the country.

This argument is completely false. This provision simply provides for Medicare to pay for voluntary conversations between patients and their health care practitioners on the difficult but important subject of planning for care at the end of life.

The provision is purely optional, and patients would be able to choose whether to discuss the issue with their practitioners. For those who decide to do so, there would be clear benefits.

These discussions can include where a person wants to receive care and how physical needs, including pain, are to be managed. The merits of broader health care reform legislation aside, there should be no controversy about the benefits of end-of-life care planning discussions. According to a 2008 study in the Journal of the American Medical Association, these discussions have been proven to improve patient care and quality of life.

Page 428.

See Spot

No, Spot, NO!

The 5 year limitation you tool. Limitation and requirement are separate words with different meanings.

If it said requirement, it would mean that if you had a physical which you talked about end of life processes, you would have to talk to a practioner about end of life processes at some other point.

Of course, it says limitation, which in this context means if you shoot the shit about EOL processes with a doctor during a physical, you could go see a doctor in that same 5 year period to talk about EOL and have it covered by medicare.

B...E...A....UTIFUL. LOL HAHA

I don't think it can be spelled out any better.
I wonder if he will get it?

Yep!

And it strike me as hypocritical that Grassley is going around whining about "government interjecting itself into end of life discussion because 1) He's well aware that no such provisions are included in this bill and 2) he busted his butt to get government involved in Terry Schiavo's family's end of life discussion.

Forum List

Back