Palin speaks at California campus amid controversy

President Obama has proved time and again that he often doesn't know his material and he often sounds like an unprepared and uncertain kid caught off guard with a question from his teacher when he has to wing it without notes or a teleprompter. It is obvious he does none of his own research, and he doesn't write or probably even approve his subject matter as well as not having a firm grasp on concepts he pushes.

Not a huge confidence builder that he knows what he is saying or what he is doing or that he holds firm convictions about any of it.

Not surprised that's what you see.

It isn't the teleprompter that is the issue. ALL people who have access to a teleprompter use them in lieu of written notes for major speeches these days. I have used a teleprompter myself, though I vary from my text and add extemporaneous comments so much, I invariably return to the written notes to find my place in the speech.

The issue is whether the person knows and is committed to his/her message that s/he is giving. The teleprompter and/or notes are to keep things moving smoothly, not inadvertently leave something out, not get stuff out of order etc. But most people know their material cold and can talk about it extemporaneously quite easily.

President Obama has proved time and again that he often doesn't know his material and he often sounds like an unprepared and uncertain kid caught off guard with a question from his teacher when he has to wing it without notes or a teleprompter. It is obvious he does none of his own research, and he doesn't write or probably even approve his subject matter as well as not having a firm grasp on concepts he pushes.

Not a huge confidence builder that he knows what he is saying or what he is doing or that he holds firm convictions about any of it.
What bullshit.

Yes, a whole lot of what he says I think is bullshit. Good observation.

And as much as those still groveling and worshiping at his feet would like to show that it isn't, they haven't been able to come up with much that he has been consistent about or right about or holds much conviction about.

So on we go. And hope that there is enough toughness left out there to derail this train to national bankruptcy and worse as soon as possible.

Foxfyre, there are enough Republicans that know where the fault really rests. The Dems will do what they will do, and we can't do anything about them. But we can't go back to being Bushies or Reaganites. The corporatists and the neo-cons corrupted the party, and the center will not give the Party the votes it needs to succeed in the future until it reforms.

It's funny watching the tolerant, inclusive, and feminist left get all misogynistic about conservative women. :lol:

No it's funny how the right promotes anti-intellectualism as a virtue.
Well, if that lets you excuse your hatred of conservative women, okay.

Do you consider yourself an intellectual?

Sowell had a lot to say about this in his last book so named ; ' Intellectuals and Society' . well worth the time if that your cup of tea.
Intellectualism certainly isn't confined to the progressive lib set, but it seems to me at least they certainly have had the run of things and have never been called to account.

as you see above any questioning or skepticism of the intellectual dogmatists is seen as; "anti-intellectualism "...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back