Palin says she would've won IF she was at the Top of the Ticket

You can't read between the lines? It's like saying if John Kerry had said a certain thing wouldn't be handled so badly if he were President.. Let's use the war for example. If he said that the war wouldn't be handled so badly under him [in the '04 election], it wouldn't be bashing the handling of the war, and President Bush? You're still dumb as ever, Steph.

oh believe me, watching you lefties READING BETWEEN the lines and just plainly make shit up is enough.
Sorry, I don't have to live life that way, it's sad you all do to SCORE cheap political points.

Making shit up?
Read this again..

Moments after saying she wouldn't criticize Barack Obama abroad, Sarah Palin in India on Saturday said that if she were president there would have been "less dithering, more decisiveness" on Libya.

It sure looks to me like Palin was trying to score a cheap political point.

Like I said, she didn't name OBAMA, whoever wrote the stupid article for that joke of a place called, Politico made IT UP.
AGAIN, she said, IF I WERE PRESIDENT I WOULD OF BEEN MORE DESISIVE

Last edited:
oh believe me, watching you lefties READING BETWEEN the lines and just plainly make shit up is enough.
Sorry, I don't have to live life that way, it's sad you all do to SCORE cheap political points.

Making shit up?
Read this again..

Moments after saying she wouldn't criticize Barack Obama abroad, Sarah Palin in India on Saturday said that if she were president there would have been "less dithering, more decisiveness" on Libya.

Like I said, she didn't name OBAMA, whoever wrote the stupid article for that joke of a place called, Politico made IT UP.

Lol, yeahh.. She might've been talking about President Gaddafi. That's always a possibility. :cuckoo: :lol:

Making shit up?
Read this again..

Lol, yeahh.. She might've been talking about President Gaddafi. That's always a possibility. :cuckoo: :lol:

again, POLITICO HAS BECOME A JOKE. they had a good reputation at one time, but now they are no better than the National Enquire. in fact I'd almost believe the National Enquire than I would Politico

Based on what? What did you think of her gubernatorial record on budgets and accomplishments?

I think she had some successes as Governor, but I was living in Britain until midsummer 2008 so was not as familiar with her track record as some may have been. I base my opinion therefore on what I have observed of her since she was named as McCain's running mate.

I thought she was initially a breath of fresh air. Since that "honeymoon period" however, I've come to feel that she will be unable to unite the Republican party, certainly unable to attract independent voters, and has a terrible habit of saying things that with hindsight were ill advised.

She remains, for me, an inexperienced and divisive figure. That's from a domestic US policy standpoint. From a perspective of foreign policy, I think she'd be worse.
So what successes are you talking about then when it comes to her record? Please elaborate.

Her main legacy, for me, seems to be the the fact that Alaska is in arguably the best financial shape of any of the 50 states. I think this can probably be traced back to the increases in oil taxes which she oversaw.

I personally don't support higher taxation, but in this case it seems to have worked out OK. Having a budget surplus gives the state options - a relative luxury in the current economic climate. What they do with that surplus remains to be seen and I don't pay close enough attention to Alaskan politics to have a considered opinion on what I'd like to see them do.

Anyway, as I've already said, I lived abroad before '08, and I know very little about Sarah Palin before that time.

If you are really interested in what her successes are then you should probably ask someone who is more familiar with the subject, unless of course you had a specific reason for pressing me about it.

:lol: And pigs would fly if only they had feathers :lol:

Not ONE person on the right, left or in a mental institution believes that bunk. No one except....Sarah Palin. Poor Sarah so many things stand in her way of achieveing greatness. Questions about reading, quitting her job, that mean ol media...So many things are stopping her. Poor gal.
I saw the exchange and I didn't get your take at all. Here is a paraphrased version of the exchange:

While speaking today at the India Today Conclave, the former Alaska governor was asked why Republicans couldn't defeat Barack Obama in the election, reports the Hill. She tipped her hat to Obama's strong campaign, and said he was able to convincingly bill himself as a change candidate. When India Today's editor then argued that she also represented change, Palin said, "I wasn't at the top of the ticket, remember?"

My take on her words were that since she wasn't at the top of the ticket, the campaign's message wasn't focused around her ideas.

Last edited:

Not ONE person on the right, left or in a mental institution believes that bunk. No one except....Sarah Palin. Poor Sarah so many things stand in her way of achieveing greatness. Questions about reading, quitting her job, that mean ol media...So many things are stopping her. Poor gal.
I saw the exchange and I didn't get your take at all. Here is a paraphrased version of the exchange:

While speaking today at the India Today Conclave, the former Alaska governor was asked why Republicans couldn't defeat Barack Obama in the election, reports the Hill. She tipped her hat to Obama's strong campaign, and said he was able to convincingly bill himself as a change candidate. When India Today's editor then argued that she also represented change, Palin said, "I wasn't at the top of the ticket, remember?"

My take on her words were that since she wasn't at the top of the ticket, the campaign's message wasn't focused around her ideas.
Bingo!!!

:eusa_shhh:
don't ya know, you're SUPPOSE to read between the lines.

In India, Sarah Palin bashes President Obama - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

By ANDY BARR | 3/19/11 11:29 AM EDT Updated: 3/20/11 8:04 PM EDT

Read more: In India, Sarah Palin bashes President Obama - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com
Strange - the conservatives in this Forum want Obama to show "more dithering" and "less decisiveness" in Libya.

In fact, they want him to abandon Libya and turn millions of innocent Libyian civilians over to Gaddaffi's "tender mercies." (shades of GHW Bush, 1st Gulf War - 1991)

Of course if President Obama followed their advice and a massacre ensued, they would deny everything and call for his "impeachment!"

Now if a Republican president was currently in the White House - that would change everything and elicit a totally different response from our conservative "friends."

Last edited:

Bingo!!!

Here’s a link with the whole interview; - WATCH Sarah Palin Q&A at India Today Conclave | The Right Scoop

And here’s a transcript or the segment in question in the OP - You can listen and judge for youself:

Start - 12:30
I: Why do you think you lost the election?
P: Because of the media,,,they, they, ha ha ha (both laugh)
P: No...
I: Shoot the messenger!
P: No as you explained, candidate Obama, he had a strong campaign, he was the agent of change, and though he was inexperienced and relatively unknown in the US, people so desired that change. I think that was the key.
I: You could’ve been a change too ... your ticket...?
P: I wasn’t the top of the ticket, (to laughter) remember?
I: you...
P: I’m not saying that I should’ve been, I’m just sayin’ ...
I: Do you plan to be the top of the ticket?
P: I kinda knew you’d ask me that. Still not yet, finished.
I: Still not yet?
P: Still not yet
I: What do you think the world will come to know? You seem to be working at it.
P: I...don’t think there needs to be a rush, still, to get out there as a declared candidate, I think there is still plenty of time to find out who else is going to put their name forward in service, and um...and there’s still time to deliberate on that.
You know it’s a life changing decision, how it so affects a family.
I certainly learned that lesson, how affecting on a family a candidacy is, so there’s a lot that has to go into it.
End - 13:58

Last edited:

Making shit up?
Read this again..

AGAIN, she said, IF I WERE PRESIDENT I WOULD OF BEEN MORE DESISIVE

You are really dumb. For real.

If she is not referring to Obama then who is she comparing herself to?

Do keep in mind that she was answering how she would have handled the Libyan uprising if she had Obama's job....

Here's the full quote:

“The U.S. has a tradition of course of Americans as we travel to foreign soil we don’t criticize our President’s foreign policy — even as friendly soil as India is — I won’t criticize what his foreign policy has been. But, to answer your question, certainly there would have been more decisiveness, there would have been more commitment to making sure that those who are freedom fighters, who truly desire democracy and free and fair elections and respect for human rights and women’s rights, that they know that America is on their side. And we have a rich tradition, a history in America of being on the side of those who would seek democracy, who would seek freedom, and free markets. So, yes, there would have been more decisiveness and less, though the word has been beaten to death, the word ‘dithering’? I, heaven forbid you hear that again in national news over in the U.S. because it’s used all the time. But less dithering, more decisiveness.”

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Cal
If you had put Palins gubernatorial record and executive experience as a office holder up against Obama's record in 08 head to head, there would have been no comparison, Palin won hands down.

In 08' Palin was viable - no matter the reason, she isn't now.

She isn't now because people started listening to what she was actually babbling. She's very extreme.

Perhaps I'm opening a can of worms, but what exactly is very extreme about anything she has said?

Anyone else notice all the atta boys the OP got for posting that dishonest shit.

Doesn't seem to take much to blow some peoples skirts up.

:lmao::lmao:

I did notice that.

Notice also, how since the actual context was presented, the issue has been shifted to how horrible she is anyway?

In 08' Palin was viable - no matter the reason, she isn't now.

She isn't now because people started listening to what she was actually babbling. She's very extreme.

Perhaps I'm opening a can of worms, but what exactly is very extreme about anything she has said?

When I posted this, I thought that Sarah might have responded to this question when posed by previous posters earlier in the thread in a part I hadn't gotten to. Now that I've read the thread and seen no further elaboration from Sarah, I'm wondering if she ever will respond.

Do you know Sarah Palin's extreme right views?

Moveon.org summarized them tightly today. See below.

Palin recently said that the war in Iraq is "God's task." She's even admitted she hasn't thought about the war much—just last year she was quoted saying, "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq."

Palin has actively sought the support of the fringe Alaska Independence Party. Six months ago, Palin told members of the group—who advocate for a vote on secession from the union—to "keep up the good work" and "wished the party luck on what she called its 'inspiring convention.'"

Palin wants to teach creationism in public schools. She hasn't made clear whether she thinks evolution is a fact.

Palin doesn't believe that humans contribute to global warming. Speaking about climate change, she said, "I'm not one though who would attribute it to being manmade."

Palin has close ties to Big Oil. Her inauguration was even sponsored by BP.

Palin is extremely anti-choice. She doesn't even support abortion in the case of rape or incest.

Palin opposes comprehensive sex-ed in public schools. She's said she will only support abstinence-only approaches. 8

As mayor, Palin tried to ban books from the library. Palin asked the library how she might go about banning books because some had inappropriate language in them—shocking the librarian, Mary Ellen Baker. According to Time, "news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor."

She DID support the Bridge to Nowhere (before she opposed it). Palin claimed that she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the infamous Bridge to Nowhere. But in 2006, Palin supported the project repeatedly, saying that Alaska should take advantage of earmarks "while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist."

I'm Gina Smith: Do you know Sarah Palin's extreme right views?

Love it when Rs are so surprised when anyone says the woman is extreme.

Once again, if she thinks she would have won had she been the top of the ticket, let her run now and test that theory..

lol, MOVEON.ORG.

Now there a stellar place for the TRUTH.

But the one I love best, she tried to ban books from the library.

Funny thing, I lived in Alaska from 1993 to 2009 and I NEVER heard that one.

And all the rest are just too stupid to comment on. but that is moveon.org for ya.

I'm no Palin defender, but I saw the video. She didn't snap nor did she say what is claimed in the OP. In fact she made very clear she wasn't saying that.

PDS strikes again.

Yep.

Thats what I heard as well.

Whats the fun in saying something honest about Palin??

To some folks she's just there to bash whether its truth, lie or fiction.

It does keep some folks way busy.

lol, MOVEON.ORG.

And all the rest are just too stupid to comment on. but that is moveon.org for ya.

That's the ticket...can't counter the facts so attack the messenger...

From the Anchorage Daily News:

Palin pressured Wasilla librarian
TOWN MAYOR: She wanted to know if books would be pulled.

WASILLA -- Back in 1996, when she first became mayor, Sarah Palin asked the city librarian if she would be all right with censoring library books should she be asked to do so.[...]

In December 1996, Emmons told her hometown newspaper, the Frontiersman, that Palin three times asked her -- starting before she was sworn in -- about possibly removing objectionable books from the library if the need arose.

Read all about it: Palin pressured Wasilla librarian

lol, MOVEON.ORG.

WASILLA -- Back in 1996, when she first became mayor, Sarah Palin asked the city librarian if she would be all right with censoring library books should she be asked to do so.[...]

In December 1996, Emmons told her hometown newspaper, the Frontiersman, that Palin three times asked her -- starting before she was sworn in -- about possibly removing objectionable books from the library if the need arose.

lol, The ADN. nobody outside of Anchorage would buy that leftest owned paper and wouldn't even use it to train their sled dog peeing puppies on it.

lol, MOVEON.ORG.

lol, The ADN. nobody outside of Anchorage would buy that leftest owned paper and wouldn't even use it to train their sled dog peeing puppies on it.

You know Stephanie.. She does have standards! She can't accept anything below WorldNetDaily.. :lol:

Forum List

Back