Palin says she would've won IF she was at the Top of the Ticket

That's true, but she'd still have been a lousy POTUS.
Based on what? What did you think of her gubernatorial record on budgets and accomplishments?

I think she had some successes as Governor, but I was living in Britain until midsummer 2008 so was not as familiar with her track record as some may have been. I base my opinion therefore on what I have observed of her since she was named as McCain's running mate.

I thought she was initially a breath of fresh air. Since that "honeymoon period" however, I've come to feel that she will be unable to unite the Republican party, certainly unable to attract independent voters, and has a terrible habit of saying things that with hindsight were ill advised.

She remains, for me, an inexperienced and divisive figure. That's from a domestic US policy standpoint. From a perspective of foreign policy, I think she'd be worse.
So what successes are you talking about then when it comes to her record? Please elaborate.

I can't say it lost them the election, but I do know that the inclusion of a WOMAN on the ticket was the final straw that ensured that I could in no way vote for John McShame for POTUS. Instead I ended up voting for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party.

That was you?

Possibly if she was picked early enough. Not much was known about her. Even less was known about her than Hopey Changey. So it would have had to happen early so people would get to know more about her. So what she is saying could have been possible in my opinion. But it's all just hypothetical speculation. We'll never know.

:lol: And pigs would fly if only they had feathers :lol:

Not ONE person on the right, left or in a mental institution believes that bunk. No one except....Sarah Palin. Poor Sarah so many things stand in her way of achieveing greatness. Questions about reading, quitting her job, that mean ol media...So many things are stopping her. Poor gal.

The issue McCain had was that Conservatives were sick of liberal Republicans like W and stayed home. People like me who are so sick of the Marxist message from the Left and would vote for Republicans if they gave us one single reason to do so, didn't get one single reason to do so from yet another W clone. I didn't stay home, but I didn't help McCain either.

That said, Palin wasn't giving us that small government credibility at that point either, and she barely does now. She still seems like a party crasher to me, not an organizer. She doesn't deserve the venom she gets from the left. But she doesn't deserve a lot of respect from genuine small government advocates either.

:lol: And pigs would fly if only they had feathers :lol:

Not ONE person on the right, left or in a mental institution believes that bunk. No one except....Sarah Palin. Poor Sarah so many things stand in her way of achieveing greatness. Questions about reading, quitting her job, that mean ol media...So many things are stopping her. Poor gal.

The issue McCain had was that Conservatives were sick of liberal Republicans like W and stayed home. People like me who are so sick of the Marxist message from the Left and would vote for Republicans if they gave us one single reason to do so, didn't get one single reason to do so from yet another W clone. I didn't stay home, but I didn't help McCain either.

That said, Palin wasn't giving us that small government credibility at that point either, and she barely does now. She still seems like a party crasher to me, not an organizer. She doesn't deserve the venom she gets from the left. But she doesn't deserve a lot of respect from genuine small government advocates either.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Every conservative is a liberal once they leave office, while they are in office tho they have great support and is called conservatives.

Isnt that convienent? Conservatism is always right, funny how that works

actually if you think about her going abroad its quite interesting. Seeing how if she went on a tour here she would be asked nothing but questions about Arizona, and would get swamped with those.

Going abroad she is getting the same questions she heard when she was new herself, because its a new audience. This way she can let the heat go down.

palin%20india%20lolcat.jpg

Is Sarah Palin the GOP’s Nancy Pelosi?
March 12, 2011

Has former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin become the GOP’s Nancy Pelosi — a political figure popular with partisans but scorned and reviled by many of those on the other side?

Sarah Palin’s unfavorable rating has spiked to a new high, adding further fuel to the argument that her presidential campaign may be doomed before it begins.

A new Bloomberg poll shows the former Alaska governor is now viewed unfavorably by 60 percent of American adults. That’s higher than any other poll has shown, but it’s not even the entire picture.

Of that 60 percent, nearly two-thirds – 38 percent of all adults – say they view the former GOP vice presidential nominee “very unfavorably.” No other politicians tested even comes close, including President Obama (22 percent). What’s more, Palin’s unfavorable rating is more than twice as high as her favorable rating, which rests at just 28 percent. Another 12percent aren’t sure how they feel about her.

The poll follows a long and continuous trend in which, as the presidential race nears, people gradually find that they like Palin less and less.

http://southcapitolstreet.com/2011/03/12/is-sarah-palin-the-gop’s-nancy-pelosi/
The problem is that in order to win the presidency, you need to attract swing voters and some members of the other party - while retaining you core constituency.

Pelosi just needs to win in her own district while Palin must attract a broad base nationwide!

Last edited:
In India, Sarah Palin bashes President Obama - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

By ANDY BARR | 3/19/11 11:29 AM EDT Updated: 3/20/11 8:04 PM EDT

Moments after saying she wouldn't criticize Barack Obama abroad, Sarah Palin in India on Saturday said that if she were president there would have been "less dithering, more decisiveness" on Libya.

Read more: In India, Sarah Palin bashes President Obama - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

But of course.. Why miss a perfect chance to bash Obama?!

Politico has become a REAL FRIGGEN JOKE.

Because she said "if she were President she would of been more decisive" that meant she was BASHING OBAMA.

you people crack me up.

Last edited:

Because she said "if she were President" that meant she was BASHING OBAMA.

you people crack me up.

You can't read between the lines? It's like saying if John Kerry had said a certain thing wouldn't be handled so badly if he were President.. Let's use the war for example. If he said that the war wouldn't be handled so badly under him [in the '04 election], it wouldn't be bashing the handling of the war, and President Bush? You're still dumb as ever, Steph.

you people crack me up.

You can't read between the lines? It's like saying if John Kerry had said a certain thing wouldn't be handled so badly if he were President.. Let's use the war for example. If he said that the war wouldn't be handled so badly under him [in the '04 election], it wouldn't be bashing the handling of the war, and President Bush? You're still dumb as ever, Steph.

oh believe me, watching you lefties READING BETWEEN the lines and just plainly make shit up is enough.
Sorry, I don't have to live life that way, it's sad you all do to SCORE cheap political points.

you people crack me up.

oh believe me, watching you lefties READING BETWEEN the lines and just plainly make shit up is enough.
Sorry, I don't have to live life that way, it's sad you all do to SCORE cheap political points.

Making shit up?
Read this again..

Moments after saying she wouldn't criticize Barack Obama abroad, Sarah Palin in India on Saturday said that if she were president there would have been "less dithering, more decisiveness" on Libya.

It sure looks to me like Palin was trying to score a cheap political point.

Forum List

Back