Palin says media easier on Kennedy because of class.

Right, because blacks have always been exalted throughout American history. How silly of me to forget. :cuckoo:
Things change, Mani. I can't help it if you are stuck in a different time zone. It saddens me that you can't admit that being black is not a bad thing.

It certainly helped that the media constantly reminded us of how historic the election would be with a black man winning. I mean, I forgot just about everyday, but low and behold, there was Chris Matthews to remind me.

The media chooses the president. PERIOD. Without TV to guide us to our selections, most voters would probably sit it out, out of mere cluelessness.

Manifold what does one hundred years ago or fifty years ago have to do with the Election 2 months ago? Frankly, being black (sort of) was a tremendous help to Obama. It would not have been so 10 years ago. I suspect more than a few Obama votes were cast by people hoping once and for all to bury all the racist cholesterol that's been clogging the nations arteries for the last 150 years.

An opinion based on a suspicion, stated as if it were a fact. I'm not exactly overwhelmed.

Wuss. Being gay would have been a disadvantage this time around. Who knows...in the future it may be a benefit. Almost everything depends on the mindset of the majority.

Ravi says: mani thinks being black was a disadvantage to Obama and therefore mani thinks being black is a bad thing.

therefore

If ravi thinks that being gay would be a disadvantage, ravi must think that being gay is a bad thing.

This revelation should probably have it's own thread.

Ravi says: mani thinks being black was a disadvantage to Obama and therefore mani thinks being black is a bad thing.

therefore

If ravi thinks that being gay would be a disadvantage, ravi must think that being gay is a bad thing.

:eek:

therefore

lol, are you this stupid in real life?

Neither is a BAD thing. Both have their advantages or disadvantages in politics, depending on other factors (the willingness to embrace something different)...to not acknowledge that is incredibly naive, something I never thought you were.

Seriously Ravi, I agree with you that times change. And this time around being black was obviously not as insurmountable a disadvantage as it would've been in the past. But that's still a far cry from calling it a benefit. Change doesn't happen that quickly.

Seriously Ravi, I agree with you that times change. And this time around being black was obviously not as insurmountable a disadvantage as it would've been in the past. But that's still a far cry from calling it a benefit. Change doesn't happen that quickly.
It does. It's called the tipping point.

Forum List

Back