Palin on the radio today said she resigned because...

:lol:
Well not really sexist. She's an antiabortion female which according to the American left means she has to be daft.

And she isn't a big government Republican which means the country club set won't like her either. And neither of them is in particular composed of people who won't play dirty to get their way.

She isn't a big government Republican? Oh, just like Reagan was not one either, eh? :lol:

She still can't articulate why she quit, because it makes no sense.

I suspect if she were ever completely truthful about her motives, her supporters will be completely let down.

Really? WHat is your take on why she quit?

For exactly what she is doing right now: to make a shit ton of money by selling a book and doing a speaking tour.

I don't think Palin is dumb. I think she realized her star was rapidly setting, and she had to hurry up to cash in on her fame.

Before anyone goes ballistic on me, that's just my opinion. I don't know it to be true.
as usual the truth most liekly lies somewhere in between the various theories. But like most loud mouthed demagogues she will end up believing in her own bs and the myths will spawn yet another American Populist nitwit worthy of contempt and condemnation.

:cool:

YOur right Dev. There is no law against morons voting. Look at 2008. Lots of morons voted.

YOur right Dev. There is no law against morons voting. Look at 2008. Lots of morons voted.

and luckily unlike the elections in 2000 and 2004 the morons didnt win in 2008.

A good friend of mine, who is a faithful republican, confessed at lunch a few weeks ago that everyone in the party knew that W did not have the intellect to do the job. That is how Uncle Fester (aka DICK) led him around on a chain for six year. W only began to think for himself during the last two years of his second term. By then it was too late.

Obama's popularity is diving, primarily because he is trying to get things done. If he sat on his hands for his first year, he would be lauded!

She still can't articulate why she quit, because it makes no sense.

I suspect if she were ever completely truthful about her motives, her supporters will be completely let down.

It's in her book, she has stated the reasons why on three different televised interviews with O'Reilly, Hannity, Greta, she has also stated those reasons on Rush and Hannitys' radio show over and over and over and over again. Do you libs have a hearing problem? Give it up and get a life.

Let me outline it again for you that have difficulty with the written, visual and the spoken word.

1. Several frivolous ethics charges that cost her family personally $500,000 to defend.
2. Her own staff was being taken to court on frivoulus ethics charges and they were having to pay their own attorney's fees.
4. The business of Alaska had come to a stand still as her staff and herself were busy defending agianst these frivolous charges.
5. Her children and family were being attacked viciously in a unprecedented, diabolical manner including national television.
6. All in all she had over 25 frivolous charges brought against her administration, one of them for wearing a jacket with a logo on it while she was at a race, dismissed.
7. Her family, her physician, her neighbors, anyone who knew her were being constantly harrassed by the media and left wing lunatics.

She did the right and honorable thing and stepped down allowing the business of her state to proceed. She rocks and she just hit the million sold list. She is laughing all the way to the bank and you libs have been a great sales marketing team because it's you that promote her book.

In other words, she couldn't hack the pressure. Explain to me again why this woman needs to be president?

BTW, #5 is total bullshit. If Palin wanted her family to be out of the spotlight, she would have retired to obscurity not celebrity.

Palin explained her reasons well in Alaska when she announced that she was stepping down. further, her reasons were reasonable and made sense.

You think that rambling, incoherent mess made sense?

Palin is not ready yet for a high national political seat, but, if you look at her past openly and honestly, she is capable of reaching that point and it won't take her years and years to do it.

Mike

I agree with you on that, with one caveat: Palin just forfeited the one thing she had going for her (a political seat) to work on her political image.

I don't think the woman is a dummy, so I suspect she fully knew that and has no plans for any future political offices.

For exactly what she is doing right now: to make a shit ton of money by selling a book and doing a speaking tour.

I don't think Palin is dumb. I think she realized her star was rapidly setting, and she had to hurry up to cash in on her fame.

Before anyone goes ballistic on me, that's just my opinion. I don't know it to be true.
as usual the truth most liekly lies somewhere in between the various theories. But like most loud mouthed demagogues she will end up believing in her own bs and the myths will spawn yet another American Populist nitwit worthy of contempt and condemnation.

:cool:

I don't disagree. There is some comfort in knowing that "populist" candidates, while gaining a lot of grassroots support, are rarely, if ever successful in their aspirations for office.

Furthermore, their closets are usually full of skeletons.

Exhibit A: William Jennings Bryan.
Exhibit B: Huey Long

Like I said a while ago...........

I give her until June of 2010. After that? She'll have put herself into obscurity and irrelevance.

It's already started with her and her followers becoming the laughing stock of the country. Only trouble is, she's taking the GOP down with her.

Like I said a while ago...........

I give her until June of 2010. After that? She'll have put herself into obscurity and irrelevance.

It's already started with her and her followers becoming the laughing stock of the country. Only trouble is, she's taking the GOP down with her.

I agree with the analygy of palin, but I think the GOP is smarter than hitching their wagon to this woman. She has proven herself a quitter. Surely the GOP can do better than Flalin Palin.

Well, yes, they could Jim, but only trouble is, most of the GOP power elite are those guys that have a hard time keeping it in their pants.

Palin is a hot looking chick.

They are going to think with their little heads (remember, God gave man only enough blood to run 1 head at a time), and follow her as she fractures the GOP.

When they discover their mistake? It will be too late to salvage it.

Forum List

Back