Palin : Obama will create "Death Panel" !!!!!!

A Friday Consumer Poll: Americans Like Their Health Insurance Coverage, But

Think Costs Are Too High

MY COLOR EMPHASIS

That part kinda says it all.

And CNN did not put it right, and I am laughing because suddenely CNN is the WERRRRDUVGAWWWWD on this, for some who suddenly take an OPINION poll as gospel...

This is what, had CNN been HONEST, it should have read:

A Friday Consumer Poll: COVERED Americans Like Their

Health Insurance Coverage, But

Think Costs Are Too High

Which means the service from the DRs is good but they think the Ins companies are ripping them off on the cost.

Which is just more evidence that your average American has no clue as to how the medical business actually operates or the insurance business for that matter.

Ever hear of buyers remorse? All this poll shows is that buyers remorse is still alive and well in America.

Palin says Obama's health care plan is 'evil'

Aug 8, 4:33 AM (ET)

By MARK THIESSEN

(AP)

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called President Barack Obama's health plan "downright evil" Friday in her first online comments since leaving office, saying in a Facebook posting that he would create a "death panel" that would deny care to the neediest Americans.

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care," the former Republican vice presidential candidate wrote.

"Such a system is downright evil," Palin wrote on her page, which has nearly 700,000 supporters. She encouraged her supporters to be engaged in the debate.

:eek::eek::eek: ................you know what? This is exactly what Universal Health care will become for older American's. Its nothing less than fcukking creepy s0ns............

This administration is starting to remind people of those funeral parlor guys that greet you when you go to a wake!! How spot on is Palin with this quote??

And thank God.......American's are off the hook pissed. Regular Americans........not like the k00k protestors you see at these freak show anti-war demonstrations or pro-abortion demonstrations........the k00ks with nothing meaningul in their lives so they join a "cause".

Palin is downright stupid and the fact that HOW MANY AMERICANS did not vote for McPalin proves that THE MAJORITY do not give her any credence, LOL.

I wonder who is paying her childcare now that she no longer works, quit on the people of Alaska, LOL.....

Pull your head out countess that is what they already have in Europe and what we will have in the US under Obama care in ten years if not sooner. There will be a panel that decides who lives and who dies, who gets treated and who does not. Because in the end the only real way to limit health care costs are to limit access to health care.

Pull your head out countess that is what they already have in Europe and what we will have in the US under Obama care in ten years if not sooner. There will be a panel that decides who lives and who dies, who gets treated and who does not. Because in the end the only real way to limit health care costs are to limit access to health care.

Good point.
But how do you account for the fact that people in europe live longer than we do?

Has anyone here ever had to deal with healthcare in Europe? Because we have - husband had to live in Italy for a time for business - and he had to deal with the healthcare there because of an injury. Found it to be fantastic, quick, effective, and free. He was supposed to follow up when he got home, and it cost more here even with insurance (and we have very good insurance; we're lucky in that regard). I don't know why people feel the need to trash the healthcare systems in countries where it clearly works. It's like people think there's only one "right" answer.

Has anyone here ever had to deal with healthcare in Europe? Because we have - husband had to live in Italy for a time for business - and he had to deal with the healthcare there because of an injury. Found it to be fantastic, quick, effective, and free. He was supposed to follow up when he got home, and it cost more here even with insurance (and we have very good insurance; we're lucky in that regard). I don't know why people feel the need to trash the healthcare systems in countries where it clearly works. It's like people think there's only one "right" answer.

Terrific. You stay in Europe, I'll stay here

Too many of Obama's czars hold radical positions on eugenics for they possibility to be ignored.

Germany is ninety + % German France ninety percent French. We are on the other hand 20% third worders and Blacks who die for whatever reason (though likely dietary) on average ten years younger than whites aren't helping the numbers either. On top of that they are further north which limits their exposure to direct sunlight which cause skin cancer and other problems. There are any number of reason that European countrys have longer life expectancies than Americans almost none of which have anything whatever to do with health care.

Germany is ninety + % German France ninety percent French. We are on the other hand 20% third worders and Blacks who die for whatever reason (though likely dietary) on average ten years younger than whites aren't helping the numbers either. On top of that they are further north which limits their exposure to direct sunlight which cause skin cancer and other problems. There are any number of reason that European countrys have longer life expectancies than Americans almost none of which have anything whatever to do with health care.

wow

Wow why? all of those are facts than can be easily verified on line. If you care to take the time.

The fact is most people are NOT happy with their ins coverage........I have been dealing with my health ins co and it isn't fun. Plus what will I do if I have to get a new ins co due to loss of job? The ins co will say I have a "pre-exsisting" condition and will deny coverage. What is an older American going to do for health ins if they need new coverage?

The most recent ABC News/Washington Post poll (June 21) finds that 83 percent of Americans are very satisfied or somewhat satisfied with the quality of their health care, and 81 percent are similarly satisfied with their health insurance.

They have good reason to be. If you're diagnosed with cancer, you have a better chance of surviving it in the United States than anywhere else, according to the Concord Five Continent Study. And the World Health Organization ranked the United States No. 1 out of 191 countries for being responsive to patients' needs, including providing timely treatments and a choice of doctors.
http://defendyourhealthcare.us/

Among insured Americans, 82 percent rate their health coverage positively. Among insured people who've experienced a serious or chronic illness or injury in their family in the last year, an enormous 91 percent are satisfied with their care, and 86 percent are satisfied with their coverage.
ABCNEWS.com : U.S. Health Care Concerns Increase

Wow why? all of those are facts than can be easily verified on line. If you care to take the time.

wow, because i needed time to digest what you wrote. i am still not done.

looks to me like you make a case, that germanness and frenchness leads to longevity. e.g.

Le Pen would agree.

it cannot be the health care system, right?

it must be ethnicity. and latitude.

the blacks and the "third worders" in the US ruin your statistics. if those damn statistics would exclude those fuckers, and would only take white rich healthy people into account, USA would be NO 1. HOORAY!

as i said, wow

The thing is if we have a public option your coverage won't be tied to your employment. How do big businesses get good deals on ins? They have massive #s of people so they buy in bulk. The public option would do the same thing.

Question: since the plans under discussion add mandates such as the following, how in your experience would coverage costs decrease? And private insurance policies would also include these mandates, which leads one to believe that it is a 'backdoor' way to extinguish private insurance.

1. have guaranteed issue and renewal

2. no exclusions for pre-existing conditions

3. , no lifetime or annual limits on benefits,

4. family policies would have to cover “children” up to age 26.

5. to cover “essential health benefits,” as defined by a new Medical Advisory Council (MAC), appointed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. The MAC would determine what items and services are “essential benefits.” The MAC would have to include items and services in at least the following categories: ambulatory patient services, emergency services, hospitalization, maternity and new born care, medical and surgical, mental health, prescription drugs, rehab and lab services, preventive/wellness services, pediatric services, and anything else the MAC thought appropriate.
6. compels seniors to submit to a counseling session every five years (and more often if they become sick or go into a nursing home) about alternatives for end-of-life care (House bill, p. 425-430).

7. prohibits engaging in other discriminatory practices. cover smokers, parachute jumpers, and race car drivers.

8. Caps total out-of-pocket spending

Yeah the costs ARE too high and going up every year. Our coverage through my wifes job has DOUBLED their premiums and raised their co-pays and RX costs.

Anecdotal testimony is often at odds with statistical analysis.

Actually, healthcare costs are not going up, but are decreasing.

By Betsy McCaughey Betsy McCaughey, Ph.D., is a patient advocate, founder of the Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths, and a former Lt. Governor of New York State.
Downgrading Health Care
The administration has warned that soaring health spending threatens the stability of American families and the economy. These doomsday scenarios are untrue. Health care spending is increasing at more moderate rates than in previous decades. Spending increased 10.5 percent in 1970, 13 percent in 1980, and consistently less than 7 percent in each of the last five years, reaching a low of 6.1 percent a year ago. Each year since 1960, food and energy together have taken up a declining share of Americans' expenditures, while housing has taken up a steady share. This has enabled Americans to spend an increasing share of their budgets on another necessity, healthcare. These four necessities together consume the same share of American spending now (55%) as they did in 1960 (53%). As further evidence, Americans are increasing the share of their spending that goes to recreation. Moderate income families can be helped to buy health coverage with vouchers, refundable tax credits, or debit cards. That's a low risk, "fix what's broken" approach.
Increases in healthcare expenditures:
2003 8.6%
2004 6.9%
2005 6.5%
2006 6.7%
2007 6.1%
Compare to 10.5% in 1970 and 13% in 1980

For purposes of comparison, education:
Tuition at private colleges and universities has increased anywhere from 5% to 13% every year since 1980. "
The Cost of a College Education

And for primary and secondary school:
"Based on statistics from the US Department of Education, the average cost of educating a student in elementary and secondary schools has risen from $6,200 in 1991 to $11,000 in 2005 an increase of 85%. "
US Education Market | Entourage Systems Inc.

It is the truth any Westerner is going to be healthier then any third worlder and race has nothing to do with it. Go to any third world country life expectancy drops like a stone. This is especially so in the case of Africa where health care is essentially non existant and emergency services are quickly and completely overwhelmed by even relatively minor diseases and Malaria and Dengue Fever have historically claim as many if not more lives than AIDS though the latter gets all the publicity.

Whee, so this silly dingbat is going off the deep end. Well, she will fit right in with the dingbats here on this board.

The majority of Americans would like to see a single payer system. What we have is a very vocal minority trying to impose their will on the rest of us.

Well, we are beginning to push back. And expect more in the future.

Sam Webb called.

He wants you to call him immediately!

(He has the other talking points for you.)

This:

was a fabulous distortion by the Governor-who-quit, by the way. Of course, no one has suggested or proposed a 'death panal" for the elderly or children who are disabled.

But with Sarah, you only get the chincy talking points that are long on hyperbole and low on facts.

did the ex-gov just use her down syndrome baby to make a political point?
Yep, but that's nothing new. Her kids are her tools.

Really beneath you.

Carrying her child to birth, and committing to raise and care for this child is anathema to so many on the left, who believe that life is all about, and only about, them.

Merely carrying the child in her arms makes the child her 'tool'? Is that what you believe?

It is the truth any Westerner is going to be healthier then any third worlder and race has nothing to do with it. Go to any third world country life expectancy drops like a stone. This is especially so in the case of Africa where health care is essentially non existant and emergency services are quickly and completely overwhelmed by even relatively minor diseases and Malaria and Dengue Fever have historically claim as many if not more lives than AIDS though the latter gets all the publicity.

so in the "case of africa" the non-existent health care system is the explanation for low life expectancy.

but when comparing life expectancy between the french and the US Americans the health care system has little to no impact? then it is the ethnicity.

because you really really really want it to be so?

Forum List

Back