Palin Derangement Syndrome Hits Hard

As already pointed out it doesn't matter if it is accepted in the publishing industry. It's widely accepted in the used car biz to employ any number of deceptive tactics in order to sell cars. People accepting or promoting deception does not remove the ethical violations.

Yet again, all you prove is that you are too fucking stupid to understand basic, simple concepts. It is not unethical at all - even professional fiction writers use ghostwriters at times. There is absolutely nothing unethical about using a professional to write your story for you. It is still your story - they don't make stuff up, what they do is take your story - your words and work them into an interesting, readable, book. They don't change facts, they research where necessary, they spend days - weeks even - with the subject - working closely with that person to write it using the subjects 'voice'. Of course, stupid people will not understand this - because they are too dumb to recognize that they don't know shit about the literary world.

You assume I don't know anything about the literary world because I disagree with your claim ghostwriting is ethical. Not everyone agrees with your claim and to label all dissenters as "stupid" reveals a deep immaturity and even deeper level of arrogance. Have you ever considered it possible you do not know everything and that maybe....just maybe......someone disagreeing with you doesn't display negatives about their intelligence?

Here's a quick example of the deception:

"Sarah Palin has finished her memoir just four months after the book deal was announced."
Sarah Palin Book, Going Rogue: An American Life, to Be Released November 17 - ABC News

She didn't write it but I'm guessing due to false advertising as shown above many people believe she is the author. Look at the definition of memoir:

Memoir Definition | Definition of Memoir at Dictionary.com

1. a record of events written by a person having intimate knowledge of them and based on personal observation.

By that article she wrote the book....but we know she didn't. That's active deception and maybe you are of the character that celebrates successful lying to consumers, I don't care if you are or not. What I do know is ghostrwriting that deceives the audience is unethical. Nah, you must be correct about my stupidity! Wow, that is so much easier than making an actual argument!

And therein lies your problem.... you are confusing issues and trying to make one argument fit into another argument.

Anyone with half a brain would understand it. You don't. Draw your own conclusion.

I think Obama is a communist. Don't get upset because as long as he is a public figure then he is going to be attacked.

You can't have it both ways after all....

I'm not upset that he is being attacked, I don't mind the criticism one bit. It comes with the territory and I can accept that.

It's the Bushies and the Palinites who can't handle their heroes getting attacked to the point where they fabricate an all emcompassing "syndrome" to use as the ultimate deflector shield to any and all attacks that come their way.

See the difference?

No because Palin and Bush criticism had a much different flavor than McCain criticism. I didn't see any of the haywired craziness about Obama that I have seen about Bush or for a lot of conservatives.

On the other hand, painting anyone who disagrees with Obama as having racist motives is the ultimate deflector shield.

You haven't seen craziness in criticism of Obama? Guess you've slept through the rantings of the birthers, for starters.

As for claims that "anyone who disagrees with Obama is called a racist", that's a strawman of the right. No one has said that. What has been said is that at least some of the criticism is based on racism, and that's an undeniable fact.

It would have been nice if you came up with some kind of retort like saying no because Obama birthers were just as crazy as Bush 911 conspiracy nuts but you decided to sidestep intelligent debate which is smart for someone of your IQ and go right for the dismissive insult.

Well if you were intellectually honest you would have already acknowledged the Obama birthers instead of saying something stupid like you "didn't see any of the haywired craziness about Obama that I have seen about Bush or for a lot of conservatives." The insult was spot on.

The problem is is that I don't think Obama birthers are insane but just wanting basic answers to a question about the legal status of the president's place of birth. I only mentioned because I imagine how it might look like for someone on the left and that it can be compared to 911 truthers which is why I said you could have said that.

They don't want answers. If they wanted answers, they would have stopped after Obama's birth certificate was released to the public. Of course, that's not what happened. They claimed the birth certificate was a fake.

There you have it. The Post no longer requires reviewers to actually read the books they are reviewing, as long as they are "up front" about it.
It's Sarah Palin's fault.

An English professor I had long ago had the best retort to that lame complaint, 'is it necessary to eat the whole piece of bad meat to know it is bad?'

Sarah clearly represents a step back in evolution and step forward in the dumbing down of America.

Deepak Chopra: Sarah Palin: Fooling None Of The People All Of The Time

Yet again, all you prove is that you are too fucking stupid to understand basic, simple concepts. It is not unethical at all - even professional fiction writers use ghostwriters at times. There is absolutely nothing unethical about using a professional to write your story for you. It is still your story - they don't make stuff up, what they do is take your story - your words and work them into an interesting, readable, book. They don't change facts, they research where necessary, they spend days - weeks even - with the subject - working closely with that person to write it using the subjects 'voice'. Of course, stupid people will not understand this - because they are too dumb to recognize that they don't know shit about the literary world.

You assume I don't know anything about the literary world because I disagree with your claim ghostwriting is ethical. Not everyone agrees with your claim and to label all dissenters as "stupid" reveals a deep immaturity and even deeper level of arrogance. Have you ever considered it possible you do not know everything and that maybe....just maybe......someone disagreeing with you doesn't display negatives about their intelligence?

"Sarah Palin has finished her memoir just four months after the book deal was announced."
Sarah Palin Book, Going Rogue: An American Life, to Be Released November 17 - ABC News

She didn't write it but I'm guessing due to false advertising as shown above many people believe she is the author. Look at the definition of memoir:

1. a record of events written by a person having intimate knowledge of them and based on personal observation.

By that article she wrote the book....but we know she didn't. That's active deception and maybe you are of the character that celebrates successful lying to consumers, I don't care if you are or not. What I do know is ghostrwriting that deceives the audience is unethical. Nah, you must be correct about my stupidity! Wow, that is so much easier than making an actual argument!

And therein lies your problem.... you are confusing issues and trying to make one argument fit into another argument.

Anyone with half a brain would understand it. You don't. Draw your own conclusion.

It's much safer for you to stick to the "you're an idiot" lines.

jesus-dinosaur.jpg

It is not my fault if you refuse to accept basic facts. Personally, I think you're just on a wind up mission. That's fine but I'm just not gonna play. You want to flame, go ahead and flame. I'm sure someone will play with you but not me. There is no point trying to discuss this logically as you are not capable of the logic required to do so..... Carry on.

Sarah Palin's Ghostwriter Pals Around With Racists and Wackos

alin, sure can pick her co-writers. She's written books before with a general who kills "demons" for God and a guy who finds interracial dating "revolting."

http://gawker.com/5371146/sarah-palins-ghostwriter-pals-around-with-racists-and-wackos

Makes you wonder why she chose THIS person to ghost write her book. Run Sarah, please run.

Ghostwriters get paid to write. Who they write for and what they write is of no consequence - they just get paid to write. I doubt she had much - if any - input into who the ghostwriter was. That is up to the publisher, in most circumstances.

Damn, I never realized that people knew so little about this sort of thing.

It is not my fault if you refuse to accept basic facts. Personally, I think you're just on a wind up mission. That's fine but I'm just not gonna play. You want to flame, go ahead and flame. I'm sure someone will play with you but not me. There is no point trying to discuss this logically as you are not capable of the logic required to do so..... Carry on.

Rotfl! Look at your above postz and notice how often you referred to anyone who disagreed with you as "stupid." Is there anyplace you are consistent or honest?

alin, sure can pick her co-writers. She's written books before with a general who kills "demons" for God and a guy who finds interracial dating "revolting."

http://gawker.com/5371146/sarah-palins-ghostwriter-pals-around-with-racists-and-wackos

Makes you wonder why she chose THIS person to ghost write her book. Run Sarah, please run.

Bona the Zona,

It's obvious that you just love to spew emesis under the guise of punditry and then probably giggle like a demented idiot proud of your outrageous CRAP.

"Killing DEMONS for God" is undoubtedly allegorical where the "DEMONS" are LIEBTARDS like you, and "GOD" are the good guys like the Anti- LIEBS.

As to "interracial dating 'revolting' " : just because YOU might like to be boinked by some negroid stud that doesn't mean it ain't "revolting". :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rotfl! Look at your above postz and notice how often you referred to anyone who disagreed with you as "stupid." Is there anyplace you are consistent or honest?

It's either one or the other. You are:

1. Too stupid to understand basic facts or
2. Just flaming

Whichever it is, I no longer care.

2. Just flaming

Yep. The post where I linked an article and used it to help explain my pov was full of flames.

2. Just flaming

Yep. The post where I linked an article and used it to help explain my pov was full of flames.

I'm not interested in what MSM have to say about anything. I never, ever, ever use a media outlet as a 'source' for anything - because they are not a legitimate source. Linking to the media to back up anything is meaningless.

Ghostwriters get paid to write. Who they write for and what they write is of no consequence - they just get paid to write. I doubt she had much - if any - input into who the ghostwriter was. That is up to the publisher, in most circumstances.

Damn, I never realized that people knew so little about this sort of thing.

That post didn't express any ignorance of the existence of ghostwriters. Damn, how many other ways can you invent an excuse to signal your field?

2. Just flaming

I'm not interested in what MSM have to say about anything. I never, ever, ever use a media outlet as a 'source' for anything - because they are not a legitimate source. Linking to the media to back up anything is meaningless.

Then you completely ignored how I pointed out her book is being sold as if she personally wrote it. I didn't cite the msm as a source on the ethics of ghostwriting.

Then you completely ignored how I pointed out her book is being sold as if she personally wrote it. I didn't cite the msm as a source on the ethics of ghostwriting.

And I'm telling you that that is absolutely standard practice. If you don't know that then that is your problem - the vast majority of public figures use ghostwriters, including Obama. Fact. Live with it. It is not a misrepresentation because a ghostwriter does no more than craft the subject's thoughts, opinions, life, etc - they don't add any substance - they just write the words in a way that will interest people. Because that is what we do.

And I'm telling you that that is absolutely standard practice. If you don't know that then that is your problem - the vast majority of public figures use ghostwriters, including Obama. Fact. Live with it. It is not a misrepresentation because a ghostwriter does no more than craft the subject's thoughts, opinions, life, etc - they don't add any substance - they just write the words in a way that will interest people. Because that is what we do.

Don't ever criticize the intelligence level of other people. Ever. I've already stated I'm aware the practice is accepted. That does not negate the criticism.

Forum List

Back