Pakistan court sentences Christian to death for having allegedly said something in a

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
The Christian Pakistani man claims he is being set up because the Muslims want this Christian neighborhood eradicated from the city. So a year ago the neighbor went to the authorities and accused the man of blaspheming Allah in a conversation they had in their yard. The other Muslims in the neighborhood freaked out. They rioted and burned 170 Christian homes and 2 churches. This happened a year ago. Yesterday the government of Pakistan sentenced the man to death. Funny how these Muslim states can violate any human right they want, kill whoever they want and we (our govt) do not dare say a thing. Funny how Israel is constantly villified by the U.N. and their human rights commissions but not Pakistan or all these other “humane” regimes in the Middle East.

Now a contributing factor could be that the leaders of these nations are under threat by extremist religious factions to tow the line or else. But these governments are still accountable for what goes on within their borders.

[Savan Masih was convicted of insulting the prophet Muhammad last March during a conversation with his Muslim friend. He was accused of blasphemy for allegedly saying "Jesus is true. He is the Son of the God. He will come to save me while Muslims' Prophet (PBUH) is fake." Masih denied the charges against him asserting that he had said nothing but respect of the Prophet Mohammad, and claimed that false accusations were made against him because of a property dispute. Savan Masih has been in jail since his arrest in March, 2013.]​

Boy do those words sound authentic (Not!) coming from a Christian man living in a volatile Muslim city. Like he doesn’t already know what not to do or say. Below is a commentary you may or may not like.

Just Another Day in Lahore, Pakistan
Monday, March 31, 2014, 9:20 AM Michael Avramovich

The New York Times reported late last week that a court in Lahore, Pakistan, found a Christian sanitation worker, Sawan Masih, 35, guilty of blasphemy and sentenced him to death. This case began in March 2013, when during an argument with a Moslem “friend,” Mr. Masih was alleged to have insulted Mohammed, which, under Pakistan’s infamous blasphemy law 295(c), is a capital crime. The New York Times, the newspaper of record, intoned that “it has often taken little more than the rumors of insults to Islam to incite lynchings and other violence.” As if on cue, following the mere accusation against Mr. Masih, enraged mobs swept through the Joseph Colony, a Christian neighborhood in the city of Lahore, setting more than 170 houses and two churches on fire. The riots caused great panic and fear among the city’s Christians, most of whom are desperately poor and do menial labor. Hundreds of Christians fled the area.

A lawyer for Mr. Masih said that he would appeal the case to the Lahore High Court. In a statement following the verdict, Mr. Masih insisted that he had been falsely charged as part of a plot by businessmen to use blasphemy allegations to drive Christians from the land in Joseph Colony so that it could be seized for industrial use. “They hatched a conspiracy to push out the residents of the colony,” the statement said. “They contrived a case and got it filed by a person who was close to me. I am innocent.” Such things have happened all too often. Human rights groups have long observed how Pakistan’s blasphemy laws are used to settle personal scores and to persecute religious minorities. Sadly, many accused never go to trial, but are killed by vigilantes instead. The vigilantes are almost never arrested, and if arrested, are never prosecuted. As I have written on these pages, in 2011, Salmaan Taseer, the provincial governor of Punjab, was killed by one of his body guards after campaigning to have the blasphemy laws repealed. Two months later, Shahbaz Bhatti, the only Christian cabinet member, who also criticized the blasphemy laws, was assassinated in Islamabad.

I don’t know about you, but I have a gnawing sense that many politicians are lying to me when they say that Islam is a “Religion of Peace.” We are told that we cannot blame an entire religion for the actions of a few. (Have you ever wondered why that same rule doesn’t apply to gun owners?) As I am getting ready to send in another regular annual contribution to our Internal Revenue Service, I am disgusted about how billions of dollars of U.S.-taxpayer “aid” are sent annually to Pakistan and other Islamic countries that persecute Christians. Regular readers of Touchstone and Mere Comments know that almost every day we read stories of Moslem men killing their sisters, wives, and daughters for the sake of their family’s “honor.” We hear of Moslems rioting, as in this case, over some unproven offense; of Moslems murdering Christian and Jews (and frankly, plenty of other Moslems) because they aren’t “believers,” or are not “believers enough.” We hear of Moslems burning schools for girls, and stoning teenage rape victims to death for “adultery.” We hear of Moslems regularly performing female genital mutilation. And all of this is done because the Koran and Sharia laws say that it must be done this way. Let’s see whether Messrs. Obama and Kerry will say anything about the injustice against Mr. Masih. But somehow I doubt it. I was even surprised that it was reported in the New York Times. At least, that is one man’s view. Please pray for Mr. Masih and his lawyers as he now sits on death row.
Just Another Day in Lahore, Pakistan - Mere Comments

While I agree this is wrong, we are hypocritical if we think it doesn't happen in Western societies as well.

If you doubt me go cast skepticism on the Holocaust in Western Europe, or have a public sermon that quotes from the first Chapter of Romans on the evils of homosexuality in the English speaking world outside of the USA.

Or if in the USA, go give a good public oration on the virtues of the white race and watch your job and likely your family come under gails of storm and thunder.

We too have our little modern myths that cannot be touched without fire coming down from Olympus.

The Oligarchs always have their way.

While I agree this is wrong, we are hypocritical if we think it doesn't happen in Western societies as well.

If you doubt me go cast skepticism on the Holocaust in Western Europe, or have a public sermon that quotes from the first Chapter of Romans on the evils of homosexuality in the English speaking world outside of the USA.

Or if in the USA, go give a good public oration on the virtues of the white race and watch your job and likely your family come under gails of storm and thunder.

We too have our little modern myths that cannot be touched without fire coming down from Olympus.

Suprisingly I totallty agree with James here. Also see suggesting in any small town southern state that if a population has easier access to guns then more people are likely to get shot or that it well over 95% of scientists are in agreement that an issue is a threat then it probably poses a threat. Or that if 2 people want to get married then it's the business of nobody but the two of them. All of these things can get you verbally abused, physically assaulted or worse.

It's about going against the grain.

Suprisingly I totallty agree with James here. Also see suggesting in any small town southern state that if a population has easier access to guns then more people are likely to get shot or that it well over 95% of scientists are in agreement that an issue is a threat then it probably poses a threat.

Which totally ignores accidental shootings, suicides and those cases where someone SHOULD have been shot.

Or that if 2 people want to get married then it's the business of nobody but the two of them.

Well the fact that the government licenses marriages says that it is everybody's business who gets married.

All of these things can get you verbally abused, physically assaulted or worse.

It's about going against the grain.

Yep, and the leftwing/neocon fascists who are establishing Pax Americana under the Obama regime have neither tolerance nor a sense of humor when it comes to dissent.

That may very well be true. But it does not compare to the fear and terror a Christian or non-Muslim is constantly subject to living in many of these Muslim nations.

No one has burned my house or Church for being against gay marriage. Or murdered us.

I remain perplexed how much the whole world tolerates this extremist behavior and their hate.

Forum List

Back