Search will go on and on

Flight 370 search: 'We cannot be certain of ultimate success' - CNN.com

"But we can be certain that we will spare no effort -- that we will not rest -- until we have done everything we humanly can."

Would it be crass to ask who is paying the bill for these very expensive operations?

Probably Malaysia 1, and China 2, with us in 3rd or 4th.

However this is the purpose of a Navy, (besides the occasional blowing up of another navy and/or pirates).

"But we can be certain that we will spare no effort -- that we will not rest -- until we have done everything we humanly can."

Would it be crass to ask who is paying the bill for these very expensive operations?

Last week--the US was said to have budgeted 4 million. I suspect we have exceeded that amount.

Based on the precedents that have been set thus far--I don't expect such fyi to be forthcoming.

Australia must have 'deep pockets'?

Last week--the US was said to have budgeted 4 million. I suspect we have exceeded that amount.

Based on the precedents that have been set thus far--I don't expect such fyi to be forthcoming.

I admire their dedication and persistence. It seems since China had the most citizens on the plane, they should be a big funder along with Malaysia.

I admire their dedication and persistence. It seems since China had the most citizens on the plane, they should be a big funder along with Malaysia.

They more than likely are. But we have the biggest navy on the ocean, and since we usually have ships in the general area we will be involved.

If it's ever proven the Malaysians jerked the searchers around having them look in the wrong area (s) and we wasted money on such a wild goose chase, we should be compensated for it by their government.

Yes, Australia is going 'above and beyond'--really, in such a position that is the only choice. Malaysia is controlling the investigation and I believe they have stated publicly that they will fund it 'as long as it takes'. Ok--good.

The Australian ? --official of some kind--thanked all in the global community for whatever support had been provided. Praised this effort as an example of 'putting differences aside.'

Just find the plane.

I think at this point people need to accept the plane and all their loved ones are lost. Wouldn't these milions and millions of dollars be better spent on those in need around the world who are still alive? It's a terrible waste of money that could go to help living people who are suffering.

I think at this point people need to accept the plane and all their loved ones are lost. Wouldn't these milions and millions of dollars be better spent on those in need around the world who are still alive? It's a terrible waste of money that could go to help living people who are suffering.

I think the groundwork is being laid for this difficult decision.

I don't consider it a 'terrible waste of money'---anyone who ever needs to travel by air needs to feel reasonably secure.

From CNN's segment last night--35% of ? experts/not certain of this--believe some sort of mechanical failure was involved---22% believe the pilot/copilot intentionally did whatever--9% believe this was a hijacking.

If mechanical problems are involved then this affects air travel on a global level.

That sounds incoherent, I am sure. I cannot think about this any more.

Obama knows exactly where the plane is

He will wait until right before the November elections, and Seal Team 6 will swoop in and find the plane. Of course Democrats will get the credit.

Seriously though, I have no problem with funding the search. We spend trillions of dollars each year on worse things. Surely we can spend a few million to help bring closure to hundreds of grieving families.

You mean to tell me that this in the one place on Earth where the Soviets can launch a sub based missile at LA and we wouldn't have any way of detecting the launch because we're not watching 24/7?

We can tell how many gnats were stuck to the windshield of 370 when it went "missing"

Forum List

Back