Pagan worship holidays celebrated by so-called Christians

Thanks for pointing out what I already knew. :doubt: You missed my whole line of questioning about Jehovah Witness'es, I guess.

It really is not a big deal anyway ... because most of the one's that I have worked with or worked for me usually volunteered to work on religious holiday's that they did not observe. Double time for many of them :D What I was questioning were those that did not work on the holidays and did receive pay for it. But as our Senior advisor has reminded us ... it is all in their "work contact's". Like everyone in the United States has a "work contract". Yeah right! lol :lol:

Each state has in their law, how to pay public holiday pay....some holidays are double time, some holidays are time and a half etc, all public holidays are considered to be paid holidays by law.....if it were Labor Day as an example, and Monday and tuesday were the person's days off, then he would get paid for Labor day, even though he did not work, or he could be given another day off during the week...

it even gets in to the nitty gritty, like if you are a company with less than 10 or 20 workers, on some holidays, they are expempt from having to pay for the holiday off.....

so, this covers a JW that has off Christmas getting paid or another day off for the Holiday.

The Lord of hosts, the Heavenly Father does cares, it is the sinful, stiffnecked, stubborn man than does not care, but:

Galatians 6:7

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap

The Word is a powerful force that cannot be stopped and it only offends the wicked, not the righteous who love the Lord.

Maybe i missed this....do you celebrate Christmas and easter, if so, what dates do you celebrate them on?

Each state has in their law, how to pay public holiday pay....some holidays are double time, some holidays are time and a half etc, all public holidays are considered to be paid holidays by law.....if it were Labor Day as an example, and Monday and tuesday were the person's days off, then he would get paid for Labor day, even though he did not work, or he could be given another day off during the week...

it even gets in to the nitty gritty, like if you are a company with less than 10 or 20 workers, on some holidays, they are expempt from having to pay for the holiday off.....

so, this covers a JW that has off Christmas getting paid or another day off for the Holiday.

Yep! :iagree:

The Bass does not celebrate Christmas and Easter for the Lord has commanded no such thing.
Also, did i miss this somewhere....

Are you a member of a Christian denomination or a nondenominational Christian church? Was it Baptist? i think we might have gone over this, but please help refress this gal's memory.....

(it would help if i knew this so i can do some reading on your Church Doctrine and understand where you are coming from better.)

care

You are really starting to sound like Jim Jones and his cult members! :eek:

Jonestown

Are you crazy? The Bass will not follow these vain "new ways" of celebrating and honoring God. The Lord has said

Jeremiah 6:16

Thus said the LORD, Stand you in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and you shall find rest for your souls.

Also, did i miss this somewhere....

Are you a member of a Christian denomination or a nondenominational Christian church? Was it Baptist? i think we might have gone over this, but please help refress this gal's memory.....

(it would help if i knew this so i can do some reading on your Church Doctrine and understand where you are coming from better.)

care

The Bass is a member of the Church of Christ, the only Church that is mentioned by name in the bible, a Church that is called by the name of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and not after the manner of men:

Romans 16:16

Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

The Bass is a member of the Church of Christ, the only Church that is mentioned by name in the bible, a Church that is called by the name of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and not after the manner of men:

So, each congregation is separate unto themselves and collectively make the Churches of Christ?

simply not true, in Revelation 1 the 7 churches are mentioned and 2/3 he goes in to each one and where he speaks of each ones deeds and where they need to reform and repent.

... many Churches were mentioned and also throughout the Bible, the different churches in different regions were made mention to, especially in the letters/epistles....where greetings were sent to these congregations/churches....

simply not true, in Revelation 1 the 7 churches are mentioned and 2/3 he goes in to each one and where he speaks of each ones deeds and where they need to reform and repent.

... many Churches were mentioned and also throughout the Bible, the different churches in different regions were made mention to, especially in the letters/epistles....where greetings were sent to these congregations/churches....

Those churches were all churches of Christ, not Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Latter Day Saints and all of these man made manufactured churches that are not called after the name of the Lord.

So, each congregation is separate unto themselves and collectively make the Churches of Christ?

Yes. there is no central authroity with one person being the head over the Churches of Christ because Christ himself is the head. The Churches of Christ do fellowship with one another.

Ummmm......hate to tell ya CB, but the Vatican would disagree with you strongly on the single authority for Christians.

By the way, Judaism was the "true" religion of Christ.

Ummmm......hate to tell ya CB, but the Vatican would disagree with you strongly on the single authority for Christians.

By the way, Judaism was the "true" religion of Christ.

Dude, who cares what the Vatican would say of the Bass' comments? Everything the Bass says can be backed up by the bible. Catholics can't say the same.

When it comes to religion, your truth is YOUR truth, that's for damned sure.

Enjoy your religion.

Nobody cares.

When it comes to religion, your truth is YOUR truth, that's for damned sure.

Enjoy your religion.

Nobody cares.

What do you mean by "my truth", the Bass only follows one truth, Jesus, who is the Way and the Truth, thats what you and these sinful fellows fail to understand. God's Word is *NOT* meant to be seen by people the way that *THEY* see fit in their own eyes.

What do you mean by "my truth", the Bass only follows one truth, Jesus, who is the Way and the Truth, thats what you and these sinful fellows fail to understand. God's Word is *NOT* meant to be seen by people the way that *THEY* see fit in their own eyes.

You're welcome to your interpretation of the faith, Bass.

Until you can write your interpretation of it with a firey finger on cold hard stone, I'll reserve my right to interpret my religion in my own way, okay?

When you can rise up from the dead like Jesus, perhaps then, I'll take you more seriously.

Until then?

You're simply entitled to believe whatever the hell you want.

Merry Christmas, bro.

Forum List

Back