Over 80% of Americans Oppose Sanctuary Cities

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This crap is destructive to our national interests and the people of our nation.

It should be eradicated by hook or crook, and will be as it is the will of the people.

Poll: Americans overwhelmingly oppose sanctuary cities

An overwhelming majority of Americans believe that cities that arrest illegal immigrants for crimes should be required to turn them over to federal authorities.

The poll shows that President Trump has broad public support in his effort to crack down on sanctuary cities.

A survey from Harvard–Harris Poll provided exclusively to The Hill found that 80 percent of voters say local authorities should have to comply with the law by reporting to federal agents the illegal immigrants they come into contact with.

As it stands, hundreds of cities across the nation — many with Democratic mayors or city councils — are refusing to do so.

This crap is destructive to our national interests and the people of our nation.

It should be eradicated by hook or crook, and will be as it is the will of the people.

An overwhelming majority of Americans believe that cities that arrest illegal immigrants for crimes should be required to turn them over to federal authorities.

The poll shows that President Trump has broad public support in his effort to crack down on sanctuary cities.

A survey from Harvard–Harris Poll provided exclusively to The Hill found that 80 percent of voters say local authorities should have to comply with the law by reporting to federal agents the illegal immigrants they come into contact with.

As it stands, hundreds of cities across the nation — many with Democratic mayors or city councils — are refusing to do so.

I see an issue, jim-double edge. How to define "crime" The issue is something like-----Lets deport ANY "non-citizen" who is not "morally fit".
That a person comes "in-contact" with the policing authority is supposed to
render him "morally unfit"--------strictly speaking------jay-walking is a "crime" ---or at least a "violation" and can involve a cop............I kinda do not like the idea of
deporting a 14 year old for jay-walking

I see an issue, jim-double edge. How to define "crime" The issue is something like-----Lets deport ANY "non-citizen" who is not "morally fit".
render him "morally unfit"--------strictly speaking------jay-walking is a "crime" ---or at least a "violation" and can involve a cop............I kinda do not like the idea of
Most people with a room temperature IQ can understand the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony.

The loss of sanctuary status as with Miami recently means lower crime almost immediately. Combining tax flight and crime flight will lead to the collapse of the Blue Wall. rather rapidly. Take California secession.

Assuming VA, social security and MediCare/Medicaid obligations, much less proportional national debt would cause immediate collapse.

I wonder why the MSM does not cite this stat ad nauseum. Strange...no?

The underlying story is never mentioned. ALL DEMOCRAT POLITICIANS SUPPORT "SANCTUARY CITIES."

Can you figure out why? They ASSUME that all of these illegal bastards will be voting citizens within a fairly short period, and after this support, they will all be straight ticket Democrat voters FOR GENERATIONS.

Now do you understand?

NO REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS SUPPORT SANCTUARY CITIES. They respect the Rule of Law.

Do you get it now?

And as the Kaiser Family Foundation, a widely recognized authority on health care, wrote in a 2009 article said polls as far back as the 1930s show Americans have generally supported "the goals of guaranteed access to health care and health insurance for all, as well as a government role in health financing."

Most americans overwhelmingly opposed the Wall Street bailouts too.

Some of you might want to at long last consider the proposition that your authoritarian system doesn't really give a fuck about representing anything but concentrated corporate wealth and power.

The underlying story is never mentioned. ALL DEMOCRAT POLITICIANS SUPPORT "SANCTUARY CITIES."

Can you figure out why? They ASSUME that all of these illegal bastards will be voting citizens within a fairly short period, and after this support, they will all be straight ticket Democrat voters FOR GENERATIONS.

Now do you understand?

NO REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS SUPPORT SANCTUARY CITIES. They respect the Rule of Law.

Do you get it now?

If Republicans 'respect the rule of law,' then Republicans should promote arresting, trial for, fines, and prison for employers knowingly hiring illegals.

Now do you understand?

Do you get it now?

If Republicans 'respect the rule of law,' then Republicans should promote arresting, trial for, fines, and prison for employers knowingly hiring illegals.

Oh that ain't gonna happen, especially since the only reason we have "illegals" here is at the behest of and on the lobbying efforts of the "job creator" class.

Now do you understand?

Do you get it now?

Oh that ain't gonna happen, especially since the only reason we have "illegals" here is at the behest of and on the lobbying efforts of the "job creator" class.

You CAN be a job creator WITHOUT hiring illegals. I do it everyday. You have to be the GREED CLASS to hire illegals to create jobs.

You CAN be a job creator WITHOUT hiring illegals. I do it everyday. You have to be the GREED CLASS to hire illegals to create jobs.

The people who have exploited black market labor are the true villains here who break our laws, destroy our pay scales and reduce government revenues by putting millions of Americans out of work.

Most people with a room temperature IQ can understand the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony.

Yup and they should have a good understanding of the work ILLEGAL.

I did some HR work a few years back, and was severely admonished by an IRS rep because the company did not have a complete file of I-9 forms for all employees. The I-9 is a form that MUST BE COMPLETED by employers within a few days (I think it's 3 days) after the effective date of hire. The employee has to provide documentation - including a government-issued picture ID - to prove that they are legally in the country and legally authorized to work.

I have no idea why this law is not vigorously enforced. Every employer is required to have one of these files, covering every employee.

Fuck your feelings. The law is the law.

Fuck your feelings. The law is the law.

watch all hell break loose

I did some HR work a few years back, and was severely admonished by an IRS rep because the company did not have a complete file of I-9 forms for all employees. The I-9 is a form that MUST BE COMPLETED by employers within a few days (I think it's 3 days) after the effective date of hire. The employee has to provide documentation - including a government-issued picture ID - to prove that they are legally in the country and legally authorized to work.

I have no idea why this law is not vigorously enforced. Every employer is required to have one of these files, covering every employee.
But you miss the key point - AFTER the date of hire. The government refuses to tell you if the person checks out as a US citizen prior to hiring.

/---- When it's convenient Libs will split hairs to make their point sound logical. Other times Libs ignore the law in its entirety.

/---- When it's convenient Libs will split hairs to make their point sound logical. Other times Libs ignore the law in its entirety.
It's like the abortion issue - they always bring up rape. OK, rape aside can you agree abortion is bad. You always get another tap dance with no answer.

Forum List

Back