Over 300 Businesses cut employees due to Obamacare

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
These 300 employers have allegedly cut their employees’ hours to avoid a tax associated with President Barack Obama’s signature healthcare law was published this week by a prominent investors website.

While the post is on Atlas Shrugs [which the Muslims on here hate] the original site is @ ObamaCare Employer Mandate: A List Of Cuts To Work Hours, Jobs - Investors.com

The full impact has yet to be felt. If this is an omen, things are really going to get bad!

:mad:

These 300 employers have allegedly cut their employees’ hours to avoid a tax associated with President Barack Obama’s signature healthcare law was published this week by a prominent investors website.

While the post is on Atlas Shrugs [which the Muslims on here hate] the original site is @ ObamaCare Employer Mandate: A List Of Cuts To Work Hours, Jobs - Investors.com

The full impact has yet to be felt. If this is an omen, things are really going to get bad!

Well, me poor ignorant con, that would be true if there were a few thousand companies. BUT, there are 300 million companies in the United states. So, lets say there are 300 companies decreasing employment because of the aca. That would mean that 3 in every 3 million companies, or 1 in every million companies, are cutting employment because of the ACA. Now, what that would mean that the percentage would be about .0001% of COMPANIES are making cuts due to the aca.

So, thanks for that news. Looks like we have NO PROBLEM with cuts in employment caused by the aca.

Well, me poor ignorant con, that would be true if there were a few thousand companies. BUT, there are 300 million companies in the United states. So, lets say there are 300 companies decreasing employment because of the aca. That would mean that 3 in every 3 million companies, or 1 in every million companies, are cutting employment because of the ACA. Now, what that would mean that the percentage would be about .0001% of COMPANIES are making cuts due to the aca.

So, thanks for that news. Looks like we have NO PROBLEM with cuts in employment caused by the aca.

You call ME ignorant?

These figures do NOT included the thousands of small businesses who are NOT hiring and are hanging on for dear life due to this monstrosity.

You so adore the Liar-In-Chief and Inept President that you refuse to see the truth?

300 million companies in the US?

Given there are 316 million people in the US, your claim is suspect.

Let's try something more realistic: There are 26 million companies in the US.

Yup. My mistake. The numbers I see are 26,000.000 to over 30,000,000. So, lets take your number. So, what is 300/26,000,000??? The calculator would show you it is .0000115. Just over .001 of 1%. Or slightly over one one thousandth of one percent.

So, did you have a point???

Yup. My mistake. The numbers I see are 26,000.000 to over 30,000,000. So, lets take your number. So, what is 300/26,000,000??? The calculator would show you it is .0000115. Just over .001 of 1%. Or slightly over one one thousandth of one percent.

What's the average over all 57 states?

It's a pretty safe bet that the people who end up losing the insurance with which they were perfectly satisfied will far outnumber the "uninsured" who sign up for ObamaCare.

It's a pretty safe bet that the people who end up losing the insurance with which they were perfectly satisfied will far outnumber the "uninsured" who sign up for ObamaCare.
Nah. No chance. There will be millions who will get insurance that they could not afford before the exchanges. No where near that many who will lose insurance that they were perfectly happy with. But if I were wrong, you could try a first by finding an impartial source who could show that. But you do not read impartial source data, of course, so that would be impossible.

so rather than give their hard working employees that bring them lots of profits health insurance, they would instead just lay them off.

this is Capitalism at its worst.

Nah. No chance. There will be millions who will get insurance that they could not afford before the exchanges. No where near that many who will lose insurance that they were perfectly happy with. But if I were wrong, you could try a first by finding an impartial source who could show that. But you do not read impartial source data, of course, so that would be impossible.

Given the exemption loop holes, the uninsured, many of whom do not want to pay for health insurance, will have a way to get out of it...and remain uninsured.

I quote myself:

Just get an EXEMPTION! Looks like a few loop holes in this list:

Hardship exemptions

If you have any of the circumstances below that affect your ability to purchase health insurance coverage, you may qualify for a “hardship” exemption:

1. You were homeless.
2. You were evicted in the past 6 months or were facing eviction or foreclosure.
3. You received a shut-off notice from a utility company.
4. You recently experienced domestic violence.

5. You recently experienced the death of a close family member.
6. You experienced a fire, flood, or other natural or human-caused disaster that caused substantial damage to your property.
7. You filed for bankruptcy in the last 6 months.
8. You had medical expenses you couldn’t pay in the last 24 months.
9. You experienced unexpected increases in necessary expenses due to caring for an ill, disabled, or aging family member.
10. You expect to claim a child as a tax dependent who’s been denied coverage in Medicaid and CHIP, and another person is required by court order to give medical support to the child. In this case, you do not have the pay the penalty for the child.
10. As a result of an eligibility appeals decision, you’re eligible for enrollment in a qualified health plan (QHP) through the Marketplace, lower costs on your monthly premiums, or cost-sharing reductions for a time period when you weren’t enrolled in a QHP through the Marketplace.
11. You were determined ineligible for Medicaid because your state didn’t expand eligibility for Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.

#3 would be incredibly easy to game. Just don't pay the utility bill, and get the shut down notification...and then pay the bill. Given that ObamaCare can't even verify ELIGIBILTY, I doubt they'll do more than rubber stamp exemptions if one submits a shut off notice.

For #4, a couple could do a Kabuki Theater performance with a fake accusation...and then drop charges. A riskier maneuver, but desperate people may engage in desperate actions to avoid being driven into a much lower standard of living due to OBAMACARE.

For #8, just don't pay the bills, get late notices...and similar to #3, pay the bills after one gets the necessary unpaid bill documentation.

At the link, also note that those who are not Lawfully in the country are Exempt. Aint' that grand, Illegal Aliens are exempt from ObamaCare, regardless of their income levels.

Hopenchange!

https://www.healthcare.gov/exemptions/

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7906713-post97.html

Now, the funny thing is that conservatives are all saying that workers will loose their healthcare "that they are happy with" because their employers are going to cancel the insurance. Here is one of the many things that they ignore: Many insured workers DO NOT LIKE THEIR EMPLOYER PROVIDED HEALTH CARE. For either or both of the following reasons. First, they are billed for the insurance they have in most cases, and in many cases it is less expensive for them to opt out of the company insurance and buy insurance via obamacare exchanges. And second, often the insurance the employer provides is not good. Sp:

A more recent study by the Stanford School of Medicine and published this week estimate that 37 million people may dump their employer-based coverage and buy insurance on the Obamacare exchanges because they could get a better deal.
Fact Check: 30 million people will lose their employer health insurance under Obamacare ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

sad and a bit sick, that some folks are mad at the govt. for requiring employers to provide health insurance to their hard working employees, rather than being mad at the employers for cutting their workforce rather than giving them health insurance.

You Reactionary Liberals are So Funny. We're supposed to destroy the lumber industry over a spotted owl, and stop irrigating the Central Valley because of a smelt, but 300 businesses cut employees - resulting in unemployment for real live human beings, and you dismiss it as statistically insignificant.

BTW, that is how the IPAB will view individuals once they start rationing treatments.

Given the exemption loop holes, the uninsured, many of whom do not want to pay for health insurance, will have a way to get out of it...and remain uninsured.

I quote myself:

Hardship exemptions

If you have any of the circumstances below that affect your ability to purchase health insurance coverage, you may qualify for a “hardship” exemption:

1. You were homeless.
2. You were evicted in the past 6 months or were facing eviction or foreclosure.

6. You experienced a fire, flood, or other natural or human-caused disaster that caused substantial damage to your property.
9. You experienced unexpected increases in necessary expenses due to caring for an ill, disabled, or aging family member.
10. You expect to claim a child as a tax dependent who’s been denied coverage in Medicaid and CHIP, and another person is required by court order to give medical support to the child. In this case, you do not have the pay the penalty for the child.
10. As a result of an eligibility appeals decision, you’re eligible for enrollment in a qualified health plan (QHP) through the Marketplace, lower costs on your monthly premiums, or cost-sharing reductions for a time period when you weren’t enrolled in a QHP through the Marketplace.
11. You were determined ineligible for Medicaid because your state didn’t expand eligibility for Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.

#3 would be incredibly easy to game. Just don't pay the utility bill, and get the shut down notification...and then pay the bill. Given that ObamaCare can't even verify ELIGIBILTY, I doubt they'll do more than rubber stamp exemptions if one submits a shut off notice.

For #4, a couple could do a Kabuki Theater performance with a fake accusation...and then drop charges. A riskier maneuver, but desperate people may engage in desperate actions to avoid being driven into a much lower standard of living due to OBAMACARE.

For #8, just don't pay the bills, get late notices...and similar to #3, pay the bills after one gets the necessary unpaid bill documentation.

At the link, also note that those who are not Lawfully in the country are Exempt. Aint' that grand, Illegal Aliens are exempt from ObamaCare, regardless of their income levels.

Hopenchange!

Uh, you are quoting yourself??? So, you are an expert on the subject, eh. What are your qualifications. And where did you get your list???

You Reactionary Liberals are So Funny. We're supposed to destroy the lumber industry over a spotted owl, and stop irrigating the Central Valley because of a smelt, but 300 businesses cut employees - resulting in unemployment for real live human beings, and you dismiss it as statistically insignificant.

BTW, that is how the IPAB will view individuals once they start rationing treatments.
Funny thing is that you think people are reactionary when they present facts. But you think you are profound when you post unsubstantiated dogma.

Thing is, me boy, you have no impartial proof that any real net number of workers are going to be involuntarily out of insurance. There will be some net number. And there is no one that has come up with a supportable number of new uninsured, or even how many will be newly insured. I suspect, as does the cbo, that more will be newly insured than uninsured.

What we can be sure of is that some companies will cut off insurance to some or all of their employees. Some will be cut off because the health exchanges offer plans better than those they offer their employees. Some will be cut off because management of some companies would prefer not to offer any insurance that they have to pay for. And neither you,, nor I, at this point know anything like the exact numbers of either of these cases.

We also do not know how many self employed people will now have insurance that they could not afford before the exchanges. However, I see no liklihood that there will be any self employed people who will LOOSE their medical insurance.

We also know little of the net cost. Estimates by all authorities are that the number of newly insured will be significant. But we also know that millions of people will take insurance through the exchanges and NOT have to go to the emergency room for health needs. And pretty much everyone, except the conservatives posting dogma, agree that the net of not having to be treated at the emergency room will result in significant health care savings.

Last edited:

I quote myself:

Hardship exemptions

1. You were homeless.

Hopenchange!

Uh, you are quoting yourself??? So, you are an expert on the subject, eh. What are your qualifications. And where did you get your list???
From the government, dumbass.

I quote myself:

Where did you get your definitions of how awful these exemptions would be, dipshit. I know where the itemized deductions came from. Just wondered, ass hole, who came up with your reasons why it would be so easy to game the system. because, you see, that is your opinion. And you know how much I value your opinion.

Where did you get your definitions of how awful these exemptions would be, dipshit. I know where the itemized deductions came from. Just wondered, ass hole, who came up with your reasons why it would be so easy to game the system. because, you see, that is your opinion. And you know how much I value your opinion.

Hey, dumbass: The link was in boedicca's post that you threw your little tantrum about. It. Was. Right. There.

In my opinion, you're a dumbass. I don't care if you value you it or not.

Dumbass.

Forum List

Back