What Could Have Caused This? CNN to Cut as Many as 300 Staffers

Nobody in the history of mankind has more deserved to lose their jobs than these people.

Ultimately it's the networks responsibility.....ya do what the boss wants or allows. They f*cked up and instead of changing up the format to real news, they keep yacking TDS and now it's costing them a future

BULLSHIT.

Is it not the networks responsibility to present a watchable platform????? Don't the 'reporters' have to do what the boss wants? Or the reporters will do what is allowed??? Didn't they f*ck up to lose the ratings??? Did they change up the format from TDS to reporting real news??? And isn't it costing those 300 staffers a future with the company?????

So where's the bullshit?

"Real news" does not sell, first of all. If ratings could indicate anything about quality, they would indicate CNN has been doing more real than unreal news. HYPE is what sells.

Two, the networks have no responsibility except to their owners and shareholders. Individual broadcast (on air) stations do --- barely --- but this is cable. As such their responsibility is to sell commercials. That's it.

A ClearChannel executive put it this way as the definition of programming --- "Programming is the shit we run between commercials". That's the prime directive, regardless what the content is or appears to be. The objective of a TV station is to sell soap. So what this ratings book means is that in CNN's case that soap-seller is going to get a lower price for their ads, until the ratings rise again.

And that's all it means.

It wasn't only CNN. It was NBC/MSNBC (Comcast), CBS, ABC (Disney), PBS, NYT, Washpo, AP, Reuters, and many others. They hitched their wagon to the Democrat lie, purely to advance their agenda, and thus revealed themselves for what they are. The Propaganda Arm of the Democrat Party (Progressive Globalists). Most of us knew this prior to the Russia lie, now more know the score. That's why even the "Liberals" have left CNN.

It wasn't only CNN. It was NBC/MSNBC (Comcast), CBS, ABC (Disney), PBS, NYT, Washpo, AP, Reuters, and many others. They hitched their wagon to the Democrat lie, purely to advance their agenda, and thus revealed themselves for what they are. The Propaganda Arm of the Democrat Party (Progressive Globalists). Most of us knew this prior to the Russia lie, now more know the score. That's why even the "Liberals" have left CNN.

NO BROADCAST OUTLET ANYWHERE makes a dime off "hitching to an agenda". They make their dimes off commercials --- selling pickup trucks and Vi@gra --- except in the case of PBS which doesn't have any. You *CAN''T* be paid for an "agenda". You CAN and DO get paid to sell McDonald's. What the fuck do you think those commercials are FOR?

Good GODS some of y'all are thick as a brick.

NO BROADCAST OUTLET ANYWHERE makes a dime off "hitching to an agenda". They make their dimes off commercials --- selling pickup trucks and Vi@gra --- except in the case of PBS which doesn't have any. You *CAN''T* be paid for an "agenda". You CAN and DO get paid to sell McDonald's. What the fuck do you think those commercials are FOR?

Their owned by big, extremely lucrative Corps like Comcast or rich individuals like Bezos. They don't care about the money. They only care about the message and agenda. You are just plain WRONG. Grow up.

Your source, PJ Media is Not News, other than fake.... and the site they link to is a wacko site as well... be careful on what sites you use and believe! :eek:

WarnerMedia has been executing restructuring moves beginning in earnest after the federal government lost its appeal of a lawsuit challenging AT&T’s $81 billion takeover of Time Warner. The company has been lowering that leverage through various means, among them setting a deal to unload its 10% stake in Hulu.

-------------------------------------------------

CNN is the latest division of AT&T’s WarnerMedia to feel the effects of company-wide restructuring, with voluntary buyouts being taken by more than 100 seasoned workers at the cable new network.

A network spokesperson tells Deadline the exits are purely related to the buyouts and do not involve any layoffs, contrary to a press report earlier on Monday. A WarnerMedia rep said there was no truth to the initial report of layoffs.

The buyouts are consistent with similar offerings at HBO and Turner and will see dozens of seasoned employees leave the news brand. WarnerMedia parent AT&T is looking to restructure and reduce what was $170 billion in net debt as of the end of 2018.

The news comes the same day CNN began broadcasting some of its shows from its new WarnerMedia digs at 30 Hudson Yards, with about 1.5 million square feet of office space putting the WarnerMedia divisions under the same New York roof for the first time. Office workers, including many at CNN, had already made the move from Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle, but the new studios are now lighting up on Manhattan’s Far West Side.

Nobody in the history of mankind has more deserved to lose their jobs than these people.

Ultimately it's the networks responsibility.....ya do what the boss wants or allows. They f*cked up and instead of changing up the format to real news, they keep yacking TDS and now it's costing them a future

BULLSHIT.

Is it not the networks responsibility to present a watchable platform????? Don't the 'reporters' have to do what the boss wants? Or the reporters will do what is allowed??? Didn't they f*ck up to lose the ratings??? Did they change up the format from TDS to reporting real news??? And isn't it costing those 300 staffers a future with the company?????

So where's the bullshit?

"Real news" does not sell, first of all. If ratings could indicate anything about quality, they would indicate CNN has been doing more real than unreal news. HYPE is what sells.

Two, the networks have no responsibility except to their owners and shareholders. Individual broadcast (on air) stations do --- barely --- but this is cable. As such their responsibility is to sell commercials. That's it.

A ClearChannel executive put it this way as the definition of programming --- "Programming is the shit we run between commercials". That's the prime directive, regardless what the content is or appears to be. The objective of a TV station is to sell soap. So what this ratings book means is that in CNN's case that soap-seller is going to get a lower price for their ads, until the ratings rise again.

And that's all it means.

Yet it's obvious that programming needs to have some kind of content to keep selling those commercials.

Sure, everybody has a boss from the bottom up, someone they have to answer too...….but in the networks responsibility to their shareholders & owners, they still have the responsibility of what goes on the air, in order to bring in viewers and advertisers that pay those bills & make profits.

CNN has been in a steady decline for a very long time. But you go right ahead and be their last hold out :thup: Everybody else has moved on

and that's where CNN has gone wrong...….they're still hitched to the agenda

It’s really hard to know what’s going on. Because time warner media is re-structuring their entire multibillion dollar company.

Years ago, the company I worked for was purchased by Ametek. A global company worth billions of dollars. There were companies that Ametek bought where the entire engineering and management staff walked out. And they had to fill out those jobs and train people.

So during a restructuring, Ametek wanted a 10% reduction in workers across the board.

So they said they wanted to cut three people from assembly, two people from shipping, one person from marketing, two salesmen and so on.

So I had already told them that I was going to retire at the end of the year. I just assumed I was going to walk out of the company with nothing but my profit-sharing. So fortunately I was the one person from engineering that was let go because they gave me this huge package. I was able to buy two brand new energy-efficient furnaces for my building. Landscape my backyard. Put in a new back door and door frame. Have the asbestos removed from all of the ductwork in the building. New windows everywhere in the building. A whole bunch of things and all because of the retirement package they gave me.
So who knows what is actually going on. We won’t know until the dust settles.

It’s really hard to know what’s going on. Because time warner media is re-structuring their entire multibillion dollar company.

Years ago, the company I worked for was purchased by Ametek. A global company worth billions of dollars. There were companies that Ametek bought where the entire engineering and management staff walked out. And they had to fill out those jobs and train people.

So during a restructuring, Ametek wanted a 10% reduction in workers across the board.

So they said they wanted to cut three people from assembly, two people from shipping, one person from marketing, two salesmen and so on.

So I had already told them that I was going to retire at the end of the year. I just assumed I was going to walk out of the company with nothing but my profit-sharing. So fortunately I was the one person from engineering that was let go because they gave me this huge package. I was able to buy two brand new energy-efficient furnaces for my building. Landscape my backyard. Put in a new back door and door frame. Have the asbestos removed from all of the ductwork in the building. New windows everywhere in the building. A whole bunch of things and all because of the retirement package they gave me.

It is no longer Time Warner...…..AT&T bought them out...….do keep up

If CNN would simply provide a little more balance their rates would go up, the same with MSNBC.

I regularly flip between FOX, CNN and MSNBC. The difference is throughout the day FOX will have several people on who represent the democrats talking points, and even many of the republicans they have on express critical views of TRUMP, the same cannot be said for CNN or MSNBC representing republican views supporting TRUMP.

Throughout the day CNN/MSNBC will have maybe 2 people on who support TRUMP and even then those people are only given a small amount of time to express their views.

The coverage of the Russia investigation is a good example. Many of the things coming out now about the spying had already been reported on FOX for over a year.

And mega profitable, huge corporation COMCAST owns NBC and MSNBC. They don't need their propaganda outlet to be profitable. Comcast is financing and backing Biden. See where this is all going?

Do you think NBC, and MSNBC will be unbiased, or ever say anything good about Trump, or the great economy, historically low unemployment, great housing markets, and stock markets?

Yep, you know the drill, deny, deny, deny...until it becomes fact....then explain how it was always the plan....dumbass.

Can't wait to see the TwitterStorm on this one.....

Their owned by big, extremely lucrative Corps like Comcast or rich individuals like Bezos. They don't care about the money. They only care about the message and agenda. You are just plain WRONG. Grow up.

I'm afraid I've been to the belly of the beast and I know all too well how it works. And trust me, NOBODY in Colossal Corporate Capitalism "doesn't care about the money". That's the whole POINT of Capitalism --- Capital.

Once AGAIN --- "messages and agenda" doesn't make Capital. Selling Domino's pizza DOES.

I'm afraid I've been to the belly of the beast and I know all too well how it works. And trust me, NOBODY in Colossal Corporate Capitalism "doesn't care about the money". That's the whole POINT of Capitalism --- Capital.

Once AGAIN --- "messages and agenda" doesn't make Capital. Selling Domino's pizza DOES.

Yep, and soon a bunch of those CNN employees will be delivering those pizza's.

And mega profitable, huge corporation COMCAST owns NBC and MSNBC. They don't need their propaganda outlet to be profitable. Comcast is financing and backing Biden. See where this is all going?

Do you think NBC, and MSNBC will be unbiased, or ever say anything good about Trump, or the great economy, historically low unemployment, great housing markets, and stock markets?

Yeah, where it's all going is a smaller group of owners...…..just short of a monopoly

Don't lecture me. I've been in corporate America at a high level for decades. Comcast, AT&T, and Amazon for instance, don't care about the profits of NBC/MSNBC, CNN, or the Washington Post nearly as much as they do about spreading the Far Left, Globalist agenda.

Did you know Comcast hosted Biden's first fund raiser, and that their CEO, Brian Roberts is a close friend of Obama and a financial bundler and financial supporter of Democrats like Biden? Comcast is number 33 on the Fortune 500 list. Do you think the few measly bucks it costs them to run NBC, and MSNBC is meaningful. If you do you are either naïve, ignorant or both.

Don't lecture me. I've been in corporate America at a high level for decades. Comcast, AT&T, and Amazon for instance, don't care about the profits of NBC/MSNBC, CNN, or the Washington Post nearly as much as they do about spreading the Far Left, Globalist agenda.

Did you know Comcast hosted Biden's first fund raiser, and that their CEO, Brian Roberts is a close friend of Obama and a financial bundler and financial supporter of Democrats like Biden? Comcast is number 33 on the Fortune 500 list. Do you think the few measly bucks it costs them to run NBC, and MSNBC is meaningful. If you do you are either naïve, ignorant or both.

Obviously you haven't, because that's not at all how the world works. That's how you Paranoia Bubble-Man Comic book® works.

Good to know you've been in High Corporatia for decades. I myself invented brain surgery and post-it notes.

Obviously you haven't, because that's not at all how the world works. That's how you Paranoia Bubble-Man Comic book® works.

Good to know you've been in High Corporatia for decades. I myself invented brain surgery and post-it notes.

You continue to just make yourself look silly. Nice job.

Forum List

Back