Outta Here

Gunny, I have seen members calling other members that word on this board. So do the rules change depending on who uses it to address other members?

The rules do not change. However, if you are under the impression myself and 5 moderators read 2000+ plus posts daily, we do not. You can always report the post and we WILL look at it.

I'm going to backpedal on my "in no context" statement as well. Some members have done it purely teasing each other, meant as nothing but humor and it has more than likely been overlooked because there's no harm no foul.

Uh huh, but you commented on the thread...you know the one about Bobo kicking Shogun's ass. But if you missed it...hey, you missed it. :eusa_whistle:

What did I miss?

And let me point this out ... I HATE censorship, and I HATE rules. But there's always got to be some clown wanting to push the issue (not referring to you ... the OP), and force yet another decision with a concrete rule where discretion was previously the rule.

why is "Jew" supposed to be an insult, moron?

Is Christian an insult, too?

I think it must be "dirty" part that makes it offensive. "Dirty Jew". Maybe I should have pulled out the reliable "hook-nose" variation.

Christian is tougher because it doesn't have a standard racial implication. Maybe "fundie"?

using the word jew as a slur whether with or without the word dirty in front of it is obviously anti-semitic.... moron.

but keep telling yourself otherwise.

and no... fundie isn't the same. and your implying that it is ... is pathetic.

funny how anti-semites like you have this odor about them the minute they show up anywhere... i was right then.....
I've never understood the point of accusing people who hate Jews of being anti-semitic, seeing as not all Jews have Semitic origins nor are all Semites Jews. It makes it seem like hating people for their religion isn't as bad a hating people for their race. I don't get that logic. They both seem equally reprehensible to me.

Last edited:
why is "Jew" supposed to be an insult, moron?

Is Christian an insult, too?

I think it must be "dirty" part that makes it offensive. "Dirty Jew". Maybe I should have pulled out the reliable "hook-nose" variation.

Christian is tougher because it doesn't have a standard racial implication. Maybe "fundie"?

using the word jew as a slur whether with or without the word dirty in front of it is obviously anti-semitic.... moron.

funny how anti-semites like you have this odor about them the minute they show up anywhere... i was right then.....

Anti - semite has some power in the insult department. But not as much as "dirty Jew", obviously.

As far as me being an anti-semite, maybe so. I reject and oppose the religion. That's probably enough to qualify.

I reject and oppose Islam too. Is there a special word for that?

Why is it so horrible to call someone a ******, Gunny? hell, most black folk I know recognize that there are *******. Not all ******* are black, either. Is it not the very tabboo on the word and the treating of it like some magical word capable of destroying the world that makes it so hurtful in the first place? Such PC bullshit is self-defeating.

I have to agree with you on this one. Seems a bit hypocritical that I can call you a motherfucker, asshole, fuckface, cuntrag, ****, guinea, ****, douchebag, cocksmooch, faggot, retard, shithead, slope, gook, limey, mick, nip, dipshit, homo, liberal, porch monkey, blue gum, frog, wop, moolie, heeb, commie, wetback, redneck, hillbilly, beaner, dyke, canadian, moron, idiot, broad, twat, gash, pussy, dillhole or butt munch, but I can't call you ******. :cool:

What about chink, cracker, honkey, hick, wetback (actually coined, originally, by wetbacks themselves to describe themselves), gook, frog... on and on...

Are all such slurs to be banned? What about slurs that aren't racial, but which still insult other classes of people- like 'retard'?

I just don't see how '******' is so much worse than any other racial, ethnic, or other slur or how such rules do anything but promote the current state of things. if the word were viewed as just another word use mostly by uneducated and ignorant buffoons at the Klan rally, its power would be lost and its use would only reflect on the person using it.

You're preaching to the choir. It isn't any worse except that our society perceives it as worse. I personally don't see the need for using such words; while, I am also not particularly offended by them.

People give words power and the people in our society have given "******" more power than the rest.

Some kid I used to work with called the Marines "skillets". He was just pissed cause they got all the hot tourist chics and he was left chasing the local riff raff.

Y'don't say?:cool:

Well, the word's a new one on me, anyway. The chicks? You got have those dress blues, brother .... work like a charm.:lol:

Well, I was older than this kid and knew the routine and a little more about human mating preferences. A fucking 23 year old Marine in top physical shape, looking nice to the girls in dress blues or jogging a few miles down the strand, WITH a gauranteed paycheck from Uncle Sam..........shit, the best thing you can do as a horny young male is find a beach that is NOT near a base.

You live in San Diego?

I've never understood the point of accusing people who hate Jews of being anti-semitic, seeing as not all Jews have Semitic origins nor are all Semites Jews. It makes it seem like hating people for their religion isn't as bad a hating people for their race. I don't get that logic. They both seem equally reprehensible to me.

Because the dictionary makes it an anti-Jew specific thing; although, technically, you are correct.

Anti - semite has some power in the insult department. But not as much as "dirty Jew", obviously.

As far as me being an anti-semite, maybe so. I reject and oppose the religion. That's probably enough to qualify.

I reject and oppose Islam too. Is there a special word for that?

I don't care what you reject.

but who are you to "oppose" any religion?

I'm sorry you're an anti-semite. Hatred like yours is really bad karma.

I am aware the definition of "******" never used to mention race, skin color, et al. It just said "a trashy person."

:lol:

Where did you learn that bull shit? The word ****** evolved from negro, which I'm pretty sure has something to do with race and skin color. :lol:

of course you don't see anti-semetic as jew specific even though it has a specific usage... it diminishes it if you try to spread it out over different groups.

Well, you don't have to "hate" anyone to be labeled anti semitic. You just have to be hostile towards any number of things, which makes it a very broad term. You can be hostile towards Judaism and it is anti semitism. You can be hostile towards ethnic Jews and it's anti semitism. You can be hostile towards the Jewish nation and it's anti semitism. You can be hostile towards Israel and it's anti semitism.

The word doesn't so much denote a person who doesn't like Jews or things Jewish, it actually denotes the people Jews don't like.

I am aware the definition of "******" never used to mention race, skin color, et al. It just said "a trashy person."

:lol:

Where did you learn that bull shit? The word ****** evolved from negro, which I'm pretty sure has something to do with race and skin color. :lol:

Yeah. I think that Gunny was a little confused.

Another term for a trashy person is "nasty bastard", which is commonly shortened to "nastard"...

...or commonly lengthened to "nasty motherfuckin' bastard".

Because the dictionary makes it an anti-Jew specific thing; although, technically, you are correct.
The dictionary doesn't make words, it just records their usage and meanings. So, I still have to wonder how and why "Semite" came to be specifically associated with Judaism. I wonder who started using it first in that way.

so... calling someone a retarded **** or an ignorant honkey (one of the things i hear that always makes me laugh) is still okay?

Want me to say no? Because that's what the answer will be rather than you make the point you keep attempting to make which is irrelevant to the reason I gave you why the word "******" will not be used to address other people.

Quit pushing. I happen to agree with your argument but that has nothing to do with the way such behavior would be twisted when discussed elsewhere, and/or perceived.

Y'don't say?:cool:

Well, the word's a new one on me, anyway. The chicks? You got have those dress blues, brother .... work like a charm.:lol:

Well, I was older than this kid and knew the routine and a little more about human mating preferences. A fucking 23 year old Marine in top physical shape, looking nice to the girls in dress blues or jogging a few miles down the strand, WITH a gauranteed paycheck from Uncle Sam..........shit, the best thing you can do as a horny young male is find a beach that is NOT near a base.

You live in San Diego?

Nope. Wrong Coast. Cherry Point and Camp Lejuene were our local suppliers of Marines on the beaches.

You live in San Diego?

Nope. Wrong Coast. Cherry Point and Camp Lejuene were our local suppliers of Marines on the beaches.

Just wondered. You mentioned the Strand. There's place south of San Diego called Silver Strand.

Forum List

Back