Outta Here

Why is it so horrible to call someone a ******, Gunny? hell, most black folk I know recognize that there are *******. Not all ******* are black, either. Is it not the very tabboo on the word and the treating of it like some magical word capable of destroying the world that makes it so hurtful in the first place? Such PC bullshit is self-defeating.

You're supposed to add a couple to the list!

I'll help you.

Chink or Jap

Poofter....wait a minute. I'm not entirely sure "poofter" is offensive. Maybe some limey can check in and tell us.

I don't add to the list, because I can generally find a way to make my point without resorting to terms such as those you've listed above. I'm not intolerant to them - I simply don't need to use them.

We're not actually using them, just making a list of them. Really no point to it at all. Things like....

cracker

jar head

Cracker?

drooling_homer-712749.gif.png

Mmmm...Crackers...

Why is it so horrible to call someone a ******, Gunny? hell, most black folk I know recognize that there are *******. Not all ******* are black, either. Is it not the very tabboo on the word and the treating of it like some magical word capable of destroying the world that makes it so hurtful in the first place? Such PC bullshit is self-defeating.

You must be old. I am aware the definition of "******" never used to mention race, skin color, et al. It just said "a trashy person."

It doesn't mean that anymore. I personally could give a rat's ass about the word. I don't use it, and never have.

I DO care about this board and the potential problems that word alone can cause. So, it matters, and has nothing to do with being PC. It has always been a derogatory and demeaning word. It is now defined as a racist word, so no go.

I don't add to the list, because I can generally find a way to make my point without resorting to terms such as those you've listed above. I'm not intolerant to them - I simply don't need to use them.

We're not actually using them, just making a list of them. Really no point to it at all. Things like....

cracker

jar head

Hey asshole ... when you say "Jarhead", you say it with some fukkin' respect, huh?:eusa_eh: Some of us earned the right to wear that name.

Would you feel better about the word "skillet"?

Gunny, do leathernecks prefer leatherneck or jarhead?

Either or. Jarhead was actually a demeaning term in reference to the "High-n-tight" haircut. We turned it to our own use.

Leatherneck is from the early 1800s when the stocks (collars) on Marine uniforms were made of leather. Some say to keep the head erect, others to protect against sword and knife cuts.

We also call each other "Devil Dogs", a name the Germans labeled Marines at the Battle of Belleau Wood in 1918 while we were kicking their asses.

They all say "Marine."

I just learned that posters are allowed to use the N word here. Sorry, but that's completely unacceptable to me. Therefore, its been fun but I won't be posting here any more.

Goodbye and good luck with the site.

That's two that have left in past 4 years over a stupid, f-ing word. Just to clarify since we have plenty of newbies here ... using the word "******" is in fact not against the rules. HOWEVER, if you address another member by that term, you're gone.

Gunny, I have seen members calling other members that word on this board. So do the rules change depending on who uses it to address other members?

i wonder if he will really leave?

If he doesn't, I suggest we all call him a dirty, lying, Jew, ******.

why is "Jew" supposed to be an insult, moron?

Is Christian an insult, too?

I think it must be "dirty" part that makes it offensive. "Dirty Jew". Maybe I should have pulled out the reliable "hook-nose" variation.

Christian is tougher because it doesn't have a standard racial implication. Maybe "fundie"?

Hey asshole ... when you say "Jarhead", you say it with some fukkin' respect, huh?:eusa_eh: Some of us earned the right to wear that name.

Would you feel better about the word "skillet"?

You makin' omelets, or what?

Some kid I used to work with called the Marines "skillets". He was just pissed cause they got all the hot tourist chics and he was left chasing the local riff raff.

I just learned that posters are allowed to use the N word here. Sorry, but that's completely unacceptable to me. Therefore, its been fun but I won't be posting here any more.

Goodbye and good luck with the site.

That's two that have left in past 4 years over a stupid, f-ing word. Just to clarify since we have plenty of newbies here ... using the word "******" is in fact not against the rules. HOWEVER, if you address another member by that term, you're gone.

Gunny, I have seen members calling other members that word on this board. So do the rules change depending on who uses it to address other members?

The rules do not change. However, if you are under the impression myself and 5 moderators read 2000+ plus posts daily, we do not. You can always report the post and we WILL look at it.

I'm going to backpedal on my "in no context" statement as well. Some members have done it purely teasing each other, meant as nothing but humor and it has more than likely been overlooked because there's no harm no foul.

If he doesn't, I suggest we all call him a dirty, lying, Jew, ******.

why is "Jew" supposed to be an insult, moron?

Is Christian an insult, too?

I think it must be "dirty" part that makes it offensive. "Dirty Jew". Maybe I should have pulled out the reliable "hook-nose" variation.

Christian is tougher because it doesn't have a standard racial implication. Maybe "fundie"?

using the word jew as a slur whether with or without the word dirty in front of it is obviously anti-semitic.... moron.

but keep telling yourself otherwise.

and no... fundie isn't the same. and your implying that it is ... is pathetic.

funny how anti-semites like you have this odor about them the minute they show up anywhere... i was right then.....

The rules do not change. However, if you are under the impression myself and 5 moderators read 2000+ plus posts daily, we do not. You can always report the post and we WILL look at it.

I'm going to backpedal on my "in no context" statement as well. Some members have done it purely teasing each other, meant as nothing but humor and it has more than likely been overlooked because there's no harm no foul.

It's kind of like when I was a kid, when we played a pick up game of basketball, we clarified the extent to which the rules could be bent by declaring if we were playing "****** ball". Ultimately, the kid whose house you were playing at was the only one that could call a walk or foul.

Looking back, that was pretty fucking racist.

Uh huh, but you commented on the thread...you know the one about Bobo kicking Shogun's ass. But if you missed it...hey, you missed it. :eusa_whistle:

What about chink, cracker, honkey, hick, wetback (actually coined, originally, by wetbacks themselves to describe themselves), gook, frog... on and on...

Are all such slurs to be banned? What about slurs that aren't racial, but which still insult other classes of people- like 'retard'?

I just don't see how '******' is so much worse than any other racial, ethnic, or other slur or how such rules do anything but promote the current state of things. if the word were viewed as just another word use mostly by uneducated and ignorant buffoons at the Klan rally, its power would be lost and its use would only reflect on the person using it.

You makin' omelets, or what?

Some kid I used to work with called the Marines "skillets". He was just pissed cause they got all the hot tourist chics and he was left chasing the local riff raff.

Y'don't say?:cool:

Well, the word's a new one on me, anyway. The chicks? You got have those dress blues, brother .... work like a charm.:lol:

Well, I was older than this kid and knew the routine and a little more about human mating preferences. A fucking 23 year old Marine in top physical shape, looking nice to the girls in dress blues or jogging a few miles down the strand, WITH a gauranteed paycheck from Uncle Sam..........shit, the best thing you can do as a horny young male is find a beach that is NOT near a base.

It's kind of like when I was a kid, when we played a pick up game of basketball, we clarified the extent to which the rules could be bent by declaring if we were playing "****** ball". Ultimately, the kid whose house you were playing at was the only one that could call a walk or foul.

Looking back, that was pretty fucking racist.

I don't think basketball court rules count. Hell, I've had blacks -- Marines no less -- call ME ****** on the basketball court. The word has whole different meaning on the court. Usually, you just dropped a turn-around 17 footer over some dude's head.:lol:

Forum List

Back