Out of Africa: Prehistoric Humans Left Africa 60,000 Years Earlier Than We Thought

...what about the birth rate/survival/maternal death/etc?? this aspect affects the migrations--yes?
birth rates/survivals/ lower-maternal death higher in the past
Long before the giant migration, small pockets of explorers traveled the world.
...if evolution [creation--whichever you want to believe] was just limited to ''one'' area, how did the earth get populated/so ''fast''.....
how did these ''explorers survive? or did they?
The recent discovery of 9 million-year-old teeth by German archaeologists could suggest a European origin for humanity.
realistically thinking, there would have to have been many groups all over [ created or from evolution ] because death rates/etc
...IMO, the pre-humans/humans would have had to evolve and be intelligent enough to survive before significant migration happened

“THE person who invented that language...”

:lmao:
Persons. If you can’t answer my questions I understand
Language never was invented, it evolved.

The over-riding debate, is "how?"

And THAT, is not a settled question.

How Could Language Have Evolved? | Noam Chomsky
this might be for another thread--sorry if off topic
...it is interesting to note that babies cannot make ''human'' sounds because of the location of the larynx--just like in monkey's/etc
..the larynx descends after about 4 - 6 months
..so just by a tiny ''difference'' in DNA, monkeys can't ''make human'' sounds
Descended larynx in human beings
Anatomy and development and physiology of the larynx : GI Motility online

...what about the birth rate/survival/maternal death/etc?? this aspect affects the migrations--yes?
...if evolution [creation--whichever you want to believe] was just limited to ''one'' area, how did the earth get populated/so ''fast''.....
The recent discovery of 9 million-year-old teeth by German archaeologists could suggest a European origin for humanity.
realistically thinking, there would have to have been many groups all over [ created or from evolution ] because death rates/etc
...IMO, the pre-humans/humans would have had to evolve and be intelligent enough to survive before significant migration happened

Actually, just the reverse is thought to be true.

Humans were first hunter/gathers and then civilization was formed. IOW, they would range over many hundreds and even thousands of miles, just like the native Americans of the N. American when the explorers arrived, and some Mongol tribes in the middle ages. When resources and food is sparse, and technology is low with little domesticated species, with low population density, there is little pressure to stay sedentary. Constant migration for changing resources is a way of life.

Guns, germs, and Steel: the fates of human societies

Some of the same proto-humans are known the world over.

Homo Erectus: Facts About the 'Upright Man'

Actually, just the reverse is thought to be true.

Humans were first hunter/gathers and then civilization was formed. IOW, they would range over many hundreds and even thousands of miles, just like the native Americans of the N. American when the explorers arrived, and some Mongol tribes in the middle ages. When resources and food is sparse, and technology is low with little domesticated species, with low population density, there is little pressure to stay sedentary. Constant migration for changing resources is a way of life.

Guns, germs, and Steel: the fates of human societies

Some of the same proto-humans are known the world over.

Homo Erectus: Facts About the 'Upright Man'

sure, but by ''many'' groups-not just a few?

did the pre-humans or humans migrate?
did they migrate only from Africa or were they in other areas?

Additionally there is some question as to whether a second batch evolved somewhere other that Africa.
How else did the Chinese come up with such a different language than the Native American Indians?

It would be one thing if every language was a spin-off of one original language but that’s not the case. The Chinese went from no language to Chinese. In England those humanoids evolved from apes to humans and developed a completely different language. Or Latin. You get the point. Fascinating that two differ humans invented two completely different languages. Who were they? You think they would be famous to this day.

I really can't tell if you are trolling or really this ignorant?

If you really think that the "Chinese went from no language to Chinese"- you are indeed ignorant.
If you really believe that apes in England evolved to humans- you are ignorant of current science.
If you really believe that humans in England developed Latin.....well you are really ignorant of history.
Explain how it all happened

I not not sure I can explain your ignorance.

There is no 'Chinese' language. The official language of China is Mandarin until recently most Chinese spoke a variety of languages- Mandarin, Cantonese and others. China calls them dialects but someone who only speaks Cantonese can't talk with someone who only speaks Mandarin.

You want to know where languages come from- read about linguistics. Heck read about the origins of the English language- that is fascinating

At least 3 or 4 species of humans settled in England- none evolved there at least according to any scientific information we have- all descended from species that came to England from mainland Europe.

And humans in England learned Latin from the Romans- when Rome conquered England
I knew all that. Assumed everyone did. You missed the point.

I’m just fascinated that we all didn’t start off with one language. At lest two completely different humans came up with languages. One example is the Chinese language. I’m not interested in spinoffs. I’m talking about the person who invented that language.

That person is not the same person who invented Latin, for example. So at some point in history Asian humanoids created Chinese. Nothing like Latin.

There is no 'Chinese language'

No one invented it.

No person ever invents a language- languages evolve from other languages.

What was the first language ever used by mankind? Who knows- but probably evolved from other vocalizations and evolved multiple times.

This is fascinating. DNA reveals so much.

Turns out scientists weren't quite right about early human migration

New archaeological evidence has undermined elements of the so-called "Out of Africa" theory, the widely supported model that maps the migration of the earliest humans from Africa. Scientists now believe humans departed Africa as early as 120,000 years ago—60,000 years earlier than previously thought.
--------------------------------------------------- oh boy !!

Remember earth was once, or more than once, one big supercontinent. So all life started on on that continent. Pre humans broke up onto different continents and some became Asian and some european, etc.

I just can’t believe that one human on the Asia continent came up with Chinese and that another pre human or early human on another continent came up with Latin..

Or whatever the first languages were. I’m not interested in spinoffs like English.

Maybe the Latin human saw the Chinese humans writing and talking and decided to invent their own? Still pretty impressive. 26 letters, vowels, adjectives, nouns...

I can see a Latin person seeing Chinese and saying that makes no sense based on their language. Yea, I bet one tribe first formalized their language and other cavemen copied.

Now unkotare will explain what he believes if I’m wrong.

How else did the Chinese come up with such a different language than the Native American Indians?

It would be one thing if every language was a spin-off of one original language but that’s not the case. The Chinese went from no language to Chinese. In England those humanoids evolved from apes to humans and developed a completely different language. Or Latin. You get the point. Fascinating that two differ humans invented two completely different languages. Who were they? You think they would be famous to this day.

I really can't tell if you are trolling or really this ignorant?

If you really think that the "Chinese went from no language to Chinese"- you are indeed ignorant.
If you really believe that apes in England evolved to humans- you are ignorant of current science.
If you really believe that humans in England developed Latin.....well you are really ignorant of history.
Explain how it all happened

I not not sure I can explain your ignorance.

There is no 'Chinese' language. The official language of China is Mandarin until recently most Chinese spoke a variety of languages- Mandarin, Cantonese and others. China calls them dialects but someone who only speaks Cantonese can't talk with someone who only speaks Mandarin.

You want to know where languages come from- read about linguistics. Heck read about the origins of the English language- that is fascinating

At least 3 or 4 species of humans settled in England- none evolved there at least according to any scientific information we have- all descended from species that came to England from mainland Europe.

And humans in England learned Latin from the Romans- when Rome conquered England
I knew all that. Assumed everyone did. You missed the point.

I’m just fascinated that we all didn’t start off with one language. At lest two completely different humans came up with languages. One example is the Chinese language. I’m not interested in spinoffs. I’m talking about the person who invented that language.

That person is not the same person who invented Latin, for example. So at some point in history Asian humanoids created Chinese. Nothing like Latin.

There is no 'Chinese language'

No one invented it.

No person ever invents a language- languages evolve from other languages.

What was the first language ever used by mankind? Who knows- but probably evolved from other vocalizations and evolved multiple times.
So I’m not ignorant for not knowing and wondering? Thank you. No one knows

Remember earth was once, or more than once, one big supercontinent. So all life started on on that continent. Pre humans broke up onto different continents and some became Asian and some european, etc.

I just can’t believe that one human on the Asia continent came up with Chinese and that another pre human or early human on another continent came up with Latin..

Or whatever the first languages were. I’m not interested in spinoffs like English.

Maybe the Latin human saw the Chinese humans writing and talking and decided to invent their own? Still pretty impressive. 26 letters, vowels, adjectives, nouns...

I can see a Latin person seeing Chinese and saying that makes no sense based on their language. Yea, I bet one tribe first formalized their language and other cavemen copied.

Holy crap. Like a three year old...

One day you’ll explain your stupid comments intelligently

Do you talk over the kids you teach heads? Do you mock them? Bet you do. That’s why they all love you. White shadow. Lol

...isn't it all dynamic--meaning larger brains = better ''technology''/weapons/tools/ = need for better communication = better ''language skills/etc and /or vice versa--better weapons/''technology'' - need for better-bigger brains and/or combinations of all
????
bipedal pre-humans ranging farther/gathering more food /better weapons-weapons handling = need for bigger brain = need for better communication and/ or vice versa-combinations of all
?
more food availability/gathering = better-bigger brains = better language = evolution of language

Do you talk over the kids you teach heads? .....

I don’t teach any kids as utterly lacking in basic reasoning skills and as completely devoid of native intelligence as you. And I teach kids some of whom haven’t been in school since the second grade. You are a special case.

I don’t teach any kids as utterly lacking in basic reasoning skills and as completely devoid of native intelligence as you. And I teach kids some of whom haven’t been in school since the second grade. You are a special case.
Explain the beginning history of Language if you can. The answer is we don’t know. That’s all you had to say

I don’t teach any kids.
That’s for sure.

Forum List

Back