Out of Africa: Prehistoric Humans Left Africa 60,000 Years Earlier Than We Thought

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This is fascinating. DNA reveals so much.

Turns out scientists weren't quite right about early human migration

New archaeological evidence has undermined elements of the so-called "Out of Africa" theory, the widely supported model that maps the migration of the earliest humans from Africa. Scientists now believe humans departed Africa as early as 120,000 years ago—60,000 years earlier than previously thought.

New archaeological evidence has undermined elements of the so-called "Out of Africa" theory, the widely supported model that maps the migration of the earliest humans from Africa. Scientists now believe humans departed Africa as early as 120,000 years ago—60,000 years earlier than previously thought.

Additionally there is some question as to whether a second batch evolved somewhere other that Africa.

Science is based on theory, hypothesis. It is ever changing.

How often do you see the phrase "history rewritten"? Maybe the pompous "scientists" create fiction to go along with pet theories. It's possible the creatures that "migrated out of Africa" weren't quite human. Neanderthals were still wandering around Europe 60,000 years ago and apparently there were other sub human or pre human species all over the world.

Amazing. I’m watching 10,000 BC. I was thinking how long ago that was but now your story makes 10,000 years ago seem like nothing.

What amazes me is people were probably people much like they are now. Gossip, laugh, worry, each person trying to find their place in society.

But I’m sure glad I live here and now. In the movie another tribe just came in and enslaved the main characters tribe. The ones they didn’t kill

Additionally there is some question as to whether a second batch evolved somewhere other that Africa.
How else did the Chinese come up with such a different language than the Native American Indians?

It would be one thing if every language was a spin-off of one original language but that’s not the case. The Chinese went from no language to Chinese. In England those humanoids evolved from apes to humans and developed a completely different language. Or Latin. You get the point. Fascinating that two differ humans invented two completely different languages. Who were they? You think they would be famous to this day.

Amazing. I’m watching 10,000 BC. I was thinking how long ago that was but now your story makes 10,000 years ago seem like nothing.

What amazes me is people were probably people much like they are now. Gossip, laugh, worry, each person trying to find their place in society.

But I’m sure glad I live here and now. In the movie another tribe just came in and enslaved the main characters tribe. The ones they didn’t kill
Like in Africa and Muslim countries?

Like in Africa and Muslim countries?
Today! You’re right. Those people live like it’s 10,000 bc

How else did the Chinese come up with such a different language than the Native American Indians?

It would be one thing if every language was a spin-off of one original language but that’s not the case. The Chinese went from no language to Chinese. In England those humanoids evolved from apes to humans and developed a completely different language. Or Latin. You get the point. Fascinating that two differ humans invented two completely different languages. Who were they? You think they would be famous to this day.

I really can't tell if you are trolling or really this ignorant?

If you really think that the "Chinese went from no language to Chinese"- you are indeed ignorant.
If you really believe that apes in England evolved to humans- you are ignorant of current science.
If you really believe that humans in England developed Latin.....well you are really ignorant of history.

That movie is a lark. Don't take any of it seriously.

tower-of-babel-pieter-bruegel.jpg

If you really think that the "Chinese went from no language to Chinese"- you are indeed ignorant.
If you really believe that apes in England evolved to humans- you are ignorant of current science.
If you really believe that humans in England developed Latin.....well you are really ignorant of history.
Explain how it all happened

I'm not surprised and a little pleased.

One of the premises for the earlier theory is that humans began to migrate out of Africa due to changing climate and environmental conditions which drove them to seek someplace where survival was not as brutal.

The problem I see with this is that it assumes humans will not migrate unless survival drives them to do so.While it seems self evidence that survival is a big motive to migrate it is not the only motive. Humans have been wandering all over for a long time and not always just to seek an easier place to live. We seem to be a species where some are driven just to look and see what it over the next hill. Some will stay at home when it is comfortable others will always keep moving on and on. Those who constantly migrate will be followed by others.

Our species probably spread all across the earth to every continent long before anyone thought it possible.

Holy crap, how stupid can you get?

He’s not kidding. He really is that stupid.

I not not sure I can explain your ignorance.

There is no 'Chinese' language. The official language of China is Mandarin until recently most Chinese spoke a variety of languages- Mandarin, Cantonese and others. China calls them dialects but someone who only speaks Cantonese can't talk with someone who only speaks Mandarin.

You want to know where languages come from- read about linguistics. Heck read about the origins of the English language- that is fascinating

At least 3 or 4 species of humans settled in England- none evolved there at least according to any scientific information we have- all descended from species that came to England from mainland Europe.

And humans in England learned Latin from the Romans- when Rome conquered England

I not not sure I can explain your ignorance.

There is no 'Chinese' language. The official language of China is Mandarin until recently most Chinese spoke a variety of languages- Mandarin, Cantonese and others. China calls them dialects but someone who only speaks Cantonese can't talk with someone who only speaks Mandarin.

You want to know where languages come from- read about linguistics. Heck read about the origins of the English language- that is fascinating

At least 3 or 4 species of humans settled in England- none evolved there at least according to any scientific information we have- all descended from species that came to England from mainland Europe.

And humans in England learned Latin from the Romans- when Rome conquered England
I knew all that. Assumed everyone did. You missed the point.

I’m just fascinated that we all didn’t start off with one language. At lest two completely different humans came up with languages. One example is the Chinese language. I’m not interested in spinoffs. I’m talking about the person who invented that language.

That person is not the same person who invented Latin, for example. So at some point in history Asian humanoids created Chinese. Nothing like Latin.

Did a Asian hear two latins talking and decide to invent their own or did they each just invent their own without any knowledge of other trulibal languages?

This isn’t an argument. This is me wondering out loud. Thanks for your feedback

Holy crap, how stupid can you get?
Educate me pussy

Forum List

Back