Our veterans deserve better

Our American veterans deserve better.

Right, Hillary will just put Veterans on death lists like Obama and company do.I know a kid who joined up and had health problems and the army kicked him out without paying for anything, even after botching a surgery. He died years later at the tender age of 25.He saw a JAG lawyer before he died and just smiled and said that this was an epidemic and there was not much he could do for him. He wrote his political representatives but got no help.Now go fuck yourself
Sorry for your loss. My dad, myself, my brother, and three of my nephews, all vets, all disabled, had superlative VA care. Yes, it needs to get better, but it is not a death trap.

Our vets deserve better than Comrade Donnie.

Why has the Obama admin left veteran care in such a mess that Hillary has to fix it?
Because the GOP and Bush with Dem allies waged two major wars overseas on the credit card, the Congress in both parties would not fix the mess, and the next president and Congress will have to do better.

Reminder: Obama is not running.
That is a true statement. It is not complete, however, because Hillary IS running, and she was not only a part of the Obama administration, but was one of those dem allies that authorized the military hostilities that resulted in the very problems our vets are suffering today.
She had nothing to do in administering the VA, and she helped pull down troop numbers in Iraq and Afghanistan. The point is, our veterans don't respect Trump.
That's a very blanket statement. Some might not, but a lot do. The real point is, our future president has performed no military service at all.

Why has the Obama admin left veteran care in such a mess that Hillary has to fix it?
Because the GOP and Bush with Dem allies waged two major wars overseas on the credit card, the Congress in both parties would not fix the mess, and the next president and Congress will have to do better.

That is a true statement. It is not complete, however, because Hillary IS running, and she was not only a part of the Obama administration, but was one of those dem allies that authorized the military hostilities that resulted in the very problems our vets are suffering today.
She had nothing to do in administering the VA, and she helped pull down troop numbers in Iraq and Afghanistan. The point is, our veterans don't respect Trump.
That's a very blanket statement. Some might not, but a lot do. The real point is, our future president has performed no military service at all.
There is no "might not", many despise Trump for his remarks.

Our American veterans deserve better.

Right, Hillary will just put Veterans on death lists like Obama and company do.I know a kid who joined up and had health problems and the army kicked him out without paying for anything, even after botching a surgery. He died years later at the tender age of 25.He saw a JAG lawyer before he died and just smiled and said that this was an epidemic and there was not much he could do for him. He wrote his political representatives but got no help.Now go fuck yourself
Sorry for your loss. My dad, myself, my brother, and three of my nephews, all vets, all disabled, had superlative VA care. Yes, it needs to get better, but it is not a death trap.

Our vets deserve better than Comrade Donnie.

There is no "might not", many despise Trump for his remarks.

You picked the WROG topic to attack Trump with sir.

Big mistake.

So what is next? Pedophiles in the army?

Here is an idea, why not go create another ISIS safe haven like Libya?

Here's a point. Your veteran disrupted a public event. The ad is dead on. Trump despises vets. Enough vets do not like him for disrespecting our veterans that they can turn smaller states like AZ, NV, NM, NH, and CO to Clinton.

Here's a point. Your veteran disrupted a public event. The ad is dead on. Trump despises vets. Enough vets do not like him for disrespecting our veterans that they can turn smaller states like AZ, NV, NM, NH, and CO to Clinton.

No, the point is that anyone joining the armed forces to prop up a desparatly corrupt federal government should have their heads examined because they are tossed away like used rubbers later on.

Vets have been getting the short end of the stick for long enough while fighting all of these ridiculous wars.

And yes, Obama, Libya was a war as well.

No, the point is that anyone joining the armed forces to prop up a desparatly corrupt federal government should have their heads examined because they are tossed away like used rubbers later on.

Vets have been getting the short end of the stick for long enough while fighting all of these ridiculous wars.

And yes, Obama, Libya was a war as well.
You make good points. I served more than a decade on active duty, and I agree that for the last 15 years far more needed to be done for the vets. I have been well treated, but many have not.

The question remains what does Trump plan on doing. So far I haven't seen anything suggesting he's backing of pushing more of Veteran's Choice, which began with the gop congress and as far as I've read has done little to improve things.

Is Donald Trump Proposing Privatizing The VA?

Clinton would seem to want to end the choice thing and use the dollars to provide more through the VA.

Veteran Choice, if empowered by Congress and the Executive, would be a big, big step forward.

That's a question. I'd think it'd be great if you wanted to see a cardiologist, for example, and there were a lot of them where you live.

But I think the polling shows that privatization is not popular with most vets.

That's a question. I'd think it'd be great if you wanted to see a cardiologist, for example, and there were a lot of them where you live.

If the vet could pick the cardiologist on the VA approved list in his area, the price would go down and the vet would be better served.

If the vet could pick the cardiologist on the VA approved list in his area, the price would go down and the vet would be better served.
That's my thought. However, I've read Vets don't want privatization. And for some service related issues, I can see why. Prostetics, PTSD, Agent Orange (though that may be old news) ......

That's my thought. However, I've read Vets don't want privatization. And for some service related issues, I can see why. Prostetics, PTSD, Agent Orange (though that may be old news) ......
The prosthetics and the mental health angle is very important to those vets afflicated, as with AO. Good post.

Obama executive appointments have led to a decrease in waiting on disability claims, and there's been a significant push to get homeless vets in permanent housing, which is significant because as with any homeless person, it's near impossible to find regular employment if you don't have a place to eat, sleep and WASH.

When it comes to reforming how VA medical services are delivered (where and by whom) that requires congressional budget appropriations, and even laws to alter the scope and purpose of the VA. We are looking at significant increases in patients. Much more than just medicare. While the Vietnam era guys are aging, we also have all the guys who've been through all the mult tours in Iraq and Afghan.

I'm not saying Obama's a great potus, but all in all, given that there's zero bipartisan cooperation in his final 4 years, imo he gets a passing grade on this. His grandfather is a vet, after all.

It is Congress which manages the VA, not the president....Why is Congress not doing it's job?
None of Congress is running for president. She also voted for military hostilities that resulted in many of the ills being suffered by our vets right now.

Forum List

Back