Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

No one claimed solar was the best choice for every area of the world. You would have better results with wind and hydroelectric. Also biofuel and small nuclear.
Yes, wind turbines are situated in strategic areas where it's windy, and obviously hydro where there's water. I am not aware of anyone having those at home. All three, solar wind hydro, are not really individual home viable over here.

No, that was the sentence I rewrote, in italics, to show the difference between using the word subsidy in a sentence. Without, "tax cut". Why did you remove my italics and take it out of context?

You have been wrong, lying, trying to deceive, and it has all been caught by me and others.

Tax cuts and subsidies are not the same thing, hence each are nouns.
Targeted tax cuts for one industry are subsidies, dope.

Here is your quote, does it or does it not state "tax cuts". It does state tax cuts, so how do you reply as if it does not? Are you the dumbass drunk?
These are examples, not definitions.
4i6Ckte.gif

Keep digging.

Yes, wind turbines are situated in strategic areas where it's windy, and obviously hydro where there's water. I am not aware of anyone having those at home. All three, solar wind hydro, are not really individual home viable over here.
Who's talking about individual homes? The U.K. can use wind and hydro and whatever solar will work there to generate the electricity to send to individual homes.

Why are you being obtuse?

Who's talking about individual homes? The U.K. can use wind and hydro and whatever solar will work there to generate the electricity to send to individual homes.

Why are you being obtuse?
I would prefer to be off grid, producing my own power, in control of my own costs. The grid is so expensive and suffers power cuts in storms. The only way I can see this happening is having a plot with a stream with sufficient head height to run a small water turbine.

The problem with electric, it's not stored, whatever is producing it has to crank up and wind down quickly on demand. With wind turbines, they either spin or don't. If you invest millions into wind farms, you want paid to produce, but when demand is not there, they don't turn. So the grid pays the investors £millions when not producing. Hence why this "free" electric costs a fortune.

Nuclear fusion is the answer, and when it's online in 50 or 60 years plus, all the solar panels and wind turbines won't get renewed, and thus fade out.

Ok, but that's not what this thread is about.
They spin. You think there aren't places in the U.K. where the wind blows constantly?
Of course there are places where the wind does not blow constantly. The UK had months where the wind did not blow constantly which led to power outages. It was the subject of OP's here on USMB

Of course there are places where the wind does not blow constantly. The UK had months where the wind did not blow constantly which led to power outages. It was the subject of OP's here on USMB

The UK suffered two periods of no wind for weeks, the last few years.

Prices of electricity hence sky rocketed as did natural gas.

The UK has five giant cables connecting the UK to Europe so that it can have electricity.

Wind has failed the people of the UK

Forum List

Back