What’s it called when you say things like

...busier than a one-armed paperhanger...

...dumb as a rock...

...ugly as the south end of a mule facing north...

Whats your cracjer ass saying?
I've had it said to me. A misunderstanding or a brief encounter with a black person who doesn't like white people and with a very insincere look on their face they say, "have a blessed day".

I KNEW IT! I knew that wasn't sincere. I looked it up yesterday and it is a black's way of saying fuck off honkey.

It's like us. We call black people Canadians. We say things like "too many Canadians in this town". LOL

...busier than a one-armed paperhanger...

...dumb as a rock...

...ugly as the south end of a mule facing north...
This show I watch is doing these non stop. What was the one from yesterday I wanted to remember?

The detective started tracking down leads like pacman? So bad.

Those are called idioms.

noun

1. 1.
    a gro up of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g., rain cats and dogs, see the light ).
NO, an idiom is like 'kick the bucket' something that won't literally go to another language in a word -for -word way

NO, an idiom is like 'kick the bucket' something that won't literally go to another language in a word -for -word way

What's it called when someone says "faster than a roadrunner on speed"?

Or, "hotter than a june bug in july"

Or, "he was off chasing leads like pac man chases dots"

It’s hotter than a tin roof in July? I’ll be back quicker than you can say jimini crickets. Happier than a pig in shit.

All I can find is Texas sayings. Maybe doing this started in Texas?

Why do I ask? There is a show Nightmare Next Door where the host or narrator these things waaay too often. To the point it’s as ridiculous as a singer with a studded.
North Carolina says those things

Looks like it's fixin' to come a turd floater!.

Translation: It's going to rain so hard, the horse turds in the corral will be floating. :lol:

Or the nicely placed insult bless your heart
I always knew whenever a black woman said to me "have a blessed day" it wasn't sincere. I could just tell by the way they said it that it wasn't meant sincerely. Then I found out it is a polite way for blacks to say fuck off honkey.

Forum List

Back