Our National Anthem

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
History_Memorial_Day_34766_SF_HD_1104x622-16x9.jpg

How many times over the past Memorial Day weekend did we hear our national anthem? And sadly, how often did we see people fidgeting, clearly unhappy at having to ā€œwaste their timeā€ being delayed to get where they wanted to be or do what they wanted to do.

Sad, isnā€™t it?

Now, we have individuals or groups actually protesting at the playing of the anthem. Do they not understand what it stands for? The lives lost in protecting our right to sing or play it? Have they become so mind-numbed or brainwashed that they cannot see the freedoms and rights we have? The very things the anthem stands for?

We even have those who demand we stop playing our national anthem at the start of events ā€“ especially sporting events. Is it okay for every other nation in the world to play theirs but not for us to play ours?

I will refrain from making personal observations on what I think those protestors should do or where they should go.

A bit of a diversion.

I also listened to some great versions of America the Beautiful. In my own not-so-humble opinion, THAT should be our national anthem! Carefully listen to the words and tell me this isnā€™t a love song to America. Itā€™s a whole lot easier to sing and the words are the kind that stay in oneā€™s heart. Sadly, the part of ā€œfrom sea to shining sea with brotherhoodā€ no longer seems to be true.

Kinda like our national symbol being the Bald Eagle when Ben Franklin thought it should be the turkey.

Always love comments. Until next time.

longknife

Did you go to the usual places and times its played?

Where and when should it be played?

Who did you see "fidgeting" and where?

Who is protesting the playing of the anthem?

Who demanded it not be played?

Links please.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

History_Memorial_Day_34766_SF_HD_1104x622-16x9.jpg

How many times over the past Memorial Day weekend did we hear our national anthem? And sadly, how often did we see people fidgeting, clearly unhappy at having to ā€œwaste their timeā€ being delayed to get where they wanted to be or do what they wanted to do.

Sad, isnā€™t it?

Now, we have individuals or groups actually protesting at the playing of the anthem. Do they not understand what it stands for? The lives lost in protecting our right to sing or play it? Have they become so mind-numbed or brainwashed that they cannot see the freedoms and rights we have? The very things the anthem stands for?

We even have those who demand we stop playing our national anthem at the start of events ā€“ especially sporting events. Is it okay for every other nation in the world to play theirs but not for us to play ours?

I will refrain from making personal observations on what I think those protestors should do or where they should go.

A bit of a diversion.

I also listened to some great versions of America the Beautiful. In my own not-so-humble opinion, THAT should be our national anthem! Carefully listen to the words and tell me this isnā€™t a love song to America. Itā€™s a whole lot easier to sing and the words are the kind that stay in oneā€™s heart. Sadly, the part of ā€œfrom sea to shining sea with brotherhoodā€ no longer seems to be true.

Kinda like our national symbol being the Bald Eagle when Ben Franklin thought it should be the turkey.

Always love comments. Until next time.

If the American Citizen does not know how the song ( National Anthem ) came from the poem that was written during the War of 1812 then they should have their citizenship revoke no matter born here or not, and shipped to a country like North Korea where they can discover what true oppression is.

When you go to sleep at night and thinking the flag would have fallen only to wake to see how the Brave people of this country fought tyranny to keep it waving, well my man then I will say that the poem that became a song is the greatest Tribute to this country like American Apple Pie, The Statue of Liberty, and Coke ( the drink )!

longknife

Links please.

Thanks.

I will just bet you've never seen anyone stomp, piss, and shit on the flag! Right?

Thread from the mouth- breathing rightard who serially bashed the previous President for 8 yrs straight and continues doing it to Dems daily

/unsubbed

Last edited:
No refuge could save
the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight
or the gloom of the grave:

That's Francis Scott Key, racist slave owner, celebrating about how former slaves who fought for the British were getting the death that they deserved for trying to be free. The national anthem is pro-slavery. That's not debatable.

After the war, the Americans demanded that their "property" -- 6000 human beings -- be returned. The British, to their credit, told the Americans to pound sand, and gave the former slaves land to settle in Canada or Trinidad.

longknife

Links please.

Thanks.

I will just bet you've never seen anyone stomp, piss, and shit on the flag! Right?

IOW, you couldn't answer even one of my questions.

That's okay, neither can the OP or any of the other anti-constitution nutters (like you).

longknife

Links please.

Thanks.

IOW, you couldn't answer even one of my questions.

That's okay, neither can the OP or any of the other anti-constitution nutters (like you).

And you have failed to answer any! What makes you think you deserve answers?

^ proves he's just an old fat bitter rw'er who doesn't have a clue to what REAL patriotism is as he continually comes on this board and attacks 30% of the population daily. OP is a retard. I only served one hitch but I have more patriotism in my pinky than shit stain OP has in his entire rightarded body.

Forum List

Back