Our Green Energy Future? Australians to be Hit with Shock Electricity Price Rises

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE

Our Green Energy Future? Australians to be Hit with Shock Electricity Price Rises​

1 day ago

Eric Worral

Essay by Eric Worrall
As our new Prime Minister’s grand green energy transformation plan falls flat, ordinary Australians are feeling the pain of politically motivated lack of investment in dispatchable energy infrastructure.
Millions of Australians to be hit with energy bill price hikes
Major energy retailers are expected to increase prices as early as Friday. Find out if you’ll be affected here.
Millions of customers across large parts of Australia’s eastern states are about to be hit with huge hikes to power bills as price increases approved by the regulator kick in from Friday.
In May, the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) announced it would be raising the default market offer (DMO) – or the price providers are allowed to charge their customers – with the changes coming into effect from July 1.
The hikes mean Queenslanders could see an increase of up to 12.6 per cent, while those in NSW could see up to 18.3 per cent and 9.5 per cent in South Australia.
From August 1, one of the country’s biggest retailers, AGL, will slug NSW electricity customers close to 18 per cent, likely to lead to many households paying annual increase of hundreds of dollars.

The prices of some smaller energy companies are also set to soar after July 1, with ReAmped and LPE increasing their prices by 100 per cent, while Discover Energy will increase by 285 per cent and GloBird by 147 per cent.
Taylor Blackburn from Finder told 7NEWS these smaller companies are hiking their prices in a bid to lose customers.
“We’ve seen a lot of smaller providers actually beg their customers to go somewhere else and to shop around,” he said.

Read more: Millions of Australians to be hit with energy bill price hikes

All links highlighted
Finish at the site that makes the watermelons reeeeeeee

Yeah I'm sure or won't happen here ........wait
ammajamamam.jpeg

Our Green Energy Future? Australians to be Hit with Shock Electricity Price Rises​

1 day ago

Eric Worral

Essay by Eric Worrall
As our new Prime Minister’s grand green energy transformation plan falls flat, ordinary Australians are feeling the pain of politically motivated lack of investment in dispatchable energy infrastructure.

All links highlighted
Finish at the site that makes the watermelons reeeeeeee

Yeah I'm sure or won't happen here ........wait
View attachment 665862
Same with all countries, renewables = high prices

I.C.E.
Internal Combustion Engines...banned from sale in America from 2035 (or sooner if the climate cult brigade get their way.)
Should get interesting if Washington ever tries to ban ICEngine vehicles purchased before then.
No buyback, motorists would just lose the money they paid for those vehicles...the vehicles not being able to be driven on public roads.

My next electricity bill is due in Aug.
Some younger relatives have already received theirs, and say their bill was a lot higher.
They're very intelligent, degrees, have good jobs, so they can pay the increase.
I've been retired 10 years, and am hoping the increase is not astronomical.
Can't pay the bill, you beg for mercy...that doesn't work, they cut off the electricity.
Then the toaster doesn't work, the TV doesn't work, can't charge phones, tablets etc....or cook in the microwave or stove.
I have gas hot water, and a gas outlet in a wall at rear of house for BBQ connection.
Luckily, since the Covid lockdowns started in 2000 I've been following on YouTube Van Life folk in America, Australia, Canada, Britain, Europe.....and have learnt many things/tricks about camping and living off-grid from them.
Mostly RV motor homes/vans in America as they tour many states and South America.
Mostly 4WD vehicles towing caravans in Australia as they do the lap of the country...15, 000km.
Solar panels atop their vans and caravans. Also portable solar panels.
As I still have an internal combustion engine vehicle I'll be able to charge a Jackery or other portable power station from it.

Last edited:
Green energy is great if it just reduces the pressure to expand traditional energy. It was when they started using it to replace traditional energy sources that the poop started hitting the fan.

Green energy is great if it just reduces the pressure to expand traditional energy. It was when they started using it to replace traditional energy sources that the poop started hitting the fan.
Indeed.
The folk running Sri Lanka didn't quite understand that.

I'd rather be having a hike going green than paying for gas and oil in the price hike we have here. It is usual for green energy to be expensive at first but then it becomes much cheaper than fossil fuels. If it is as bad as here, your Government needs to make sure that those who cannot afford get the money to do so....but it absolutely will come down so you will be paying less in the future than you were when on fossil fuels. It is an unfortunate time moving into it and as I said, Governments are going to have to provide some help to those genuinely in need. I don't think they are allowed to cut off your gas and electricity here. They probably put people on those pay before you get meters.

Four more people are rushed to hospital after burning COALS inside their home as the price of electricity soars

• Household rushed to hospital after sustaining carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Emergency services called to Bedford Park home in Adelaide on Friday morning
  • Four people were all feeling faint and taken to Flinders Medical Centre
  • They had been attempting to warm their home with a charcoal burner
  • Meanwhile family of six taken to Westmead Hospital with monoxide poisoning
  • Paramedics were called to Merrylands home in Sydney on Tuesday morning
  • They arrived to find entire family sick after warming home with charcoal BBQ
  • Najem Nawaseri said he found his 13-year-old son vomiting before calling 000
By SAM MCPHEE FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 10:23 AEST, 22 July 2022 | UPDATED: 10:41 AEST, 22 July 2022

A second Australian household have been rushed to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after attempting to warm their house with a charcoal burner – laying bare the reality of the country’s ongoing energy crisis.

Emergency services attended a home in Adelaide‘s Bedford Park on Friday morning after four people woke up feeling faint and suffering from nosebleeds.

They had been attempting to warm their home overnight using a cooker. All four showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Two women aged 28, a 24-year-old man and 31-year-old man were taken to Flinders Medical Centre just after 1:30am.

South Australia Police confirmed to Daily Mail Australia they are currently in non life-threatening conditions.

It comes after a family of six from Sydney’s west were also hospitalised this week after using a burner to warm their granny flat.

Read more: Another household rushed to hospital after burning COALS inside home

Four more people are rushed to hospital after burning COALS inside their home as the price of electricity soars

• Household rushed to hospital after sustaining carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Emergency services called to Bedford Park home in Adelaide on Friday morning
  • Four people were all feeling faint and taken to Flinders Medical Centre
  • They had been attempting to warm their home with a charcoal burner
  • Meanwhile family of six taken to Westmead Hospital with monoxide poisoning
  • Paramedics were called to Merrylands home in Sydney on Tuesday morning
  • They arrived to find entire family sick after warming home with charcoal BBQ
  • Najem Nawaseri said he found his 13-year-old son vomiting before calling 000
By SAM MCPHEE FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 10:23 AEST, 22 July 2022 | UPDATED: 10:41 AEST, 22 July 2022

A second Australian household have been rushed to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after attempting to warm their house with a charcoal burner – laying bare the reality of the country’s ongoing energy crisis.

Emergency services attended a home in Adelaide‘s Bedford Park on Friday morning after four people woke up feeling faint and suffering from nosebleeds.

They had been attempting to warm their home overnight using a cooker. All four showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Two women aged 28, a 24-year-old man and 31-year-old man were taken to Flinders Medical Centre just after 1:30am.

South Australia Police confirmed to Daily Mail Australia they are currently in non life-threatening conditions.

It comes after a family of six from Sydney’s west were also hospitalised this week after using a burner to warm their granny flat.

Read more: Another household rushed to hospital after burning COALS inside home
I didn't know either...in my twenties, that you could die from carbon dioxide poisoning from doing that.
I had no reason to know as I'd only ever used electric heaters since leaving my childhood home to get married in 1969.
In that childhood home I used to light a coal burning heater with chimney every afternoon in winter, as a schoolboy.
Think I assumed that the chimney was to keep the smoke out of the home, but not because of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Obviously there needs to be an education campaign.

It has to be done. If we are still using the same amount of fossil fuels in 7-8 years from now, we will be unable to avoid the worst of the climate situation. It may not be there yet but we will be unable to stop it. Governments should have done this ten years ago but they were all scared their electors would act like some Australians seem to have.

It has to be done. If we are still using the same amount of fossil fuels in 7-8 years from now, we will be unable to avoid the worst of the climate situation. It may not be there yet but we will be unable to stop it. Governments should have done this ten years ago but they were all scared their electors would act like some Australians seem to have.

We will be unless China collapses in a civil war since they are on a 50 year draw down plan and it won't be the "worst" climate situation. If everyone replaced oil with wood and garbage it would be much much worse.

We will be unless China collapses in a civil war since they are on a 50 year draw down plan and it won't be the "worst" climate situation. If everyone replaced oil with wood and garbage it would be much much worse.
well we will be useless unless we understand our responsibility and do as we promised. It would be much easier to have a go at china then and China also would do much less damage to the world than everyone ignoring it till it is too late.

Forum List

Back