Our childrens future......?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by signelect, Aug 17, 2011.

1. signelect

signelect BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Today i had a discussion with my co-workers about the new elections. We know Rick Perry is in the running and he may be the best candidate out there. As i was discussing I started realizing how hard and expensive everything is now. 20 years ago it seemed like everything was good. Businesses were up and booming, people had jobs with healthcare, taxes weren't so high. Alot of business owners say how their businesses have been going down little by little year after year. Not noticeabley but it has slowed down.

Im afraid because I don't want my daughter to go through the same thing. I know education is the key.... but what good is education when jobs are limited. I want to make sure that my daughter has a good job, good healthcare, education. Im kind of going crazy the more I think about it.

I have some kind of hope with Rick Perry being a candidate for presidency.:tongue:

2. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    I dunno man, I worry about the next generations too. Over the past 50 years or so we have created a welfare/entitlement/nanny state where personal responsibility is rapidly deteriorating. All I can see is one whopper of a depression to rival the 1930s, with a resultant shift in attitudes and values. We might need that to force a big change in thinking in the US of A. Don't know when, don't know how bad or how long, but it's inescapable if we stay on our current trajectory of overspending. Raise taxes all you want, won't really matter.

I don't know if it matters much if Perry or Romney are elected, probably depends on whether they have a republican controlled Congress. Maybe they can make the needed changes that are so desperately required, undoing the unfortunate policies of the last couple of years. If not, or if Obama gets re-elected, well things could get real ugly real fast.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  3. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    They have none.......unless you do the things the folks did before, during, and after WW2.
    GET OUT.

4. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    Let your daughter have her own life, be a model but not a boss. Try to provide a healthy not too harsh discipline and openness and talk lots, she'll someday make her own decisions, respect them. She'll be fine, it's you that needs a mirror if you are that negative.

As for Perry he seems almost un-American in my view and many others.

The Ten Weirdest Ideas In Rick Perry’s ‘Fed Up’ By Matthew Yglesias

The Ten Weirdest Ideas In Rick Perry’s ‘Fed Up’ | ThinkProgress

The presidential candidate's signature economic development initiative has raised questions among conservatives.

Charles Dameron: Rick Perry's Crony Capitalism Problem - WSJ.com

5. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,653
    Humans have existed many millenia before this occurance in US history, they will survive yet.

6. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,677
    First thing we do is kill all the lawyers...and then the liberals.

7. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,653
    Then you can pray to your devil-god for allegiance.

8. SandArnolds

SandArnolds Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We just need to guide our children in every step of life they are walking, in that way they can lead to a good future.

9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Perry has a degeree in Animal Science which explains how he handles texicans so well.

10. R.C. Christian

R.C. Christian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    We need to teach them to embrace the horror and be strong. Wean them from a false sense of entitlement from a corrupt, and morally bankrupt federal government. Teach them to hate D.C. or at least loathe it, it and the people that enable the filthy, self-serving bastards that make up that vile monstrosity. Break them of his needless superficial, plastic lifestyle. Most of all, teach them civic duty and responsibility.