Is This Legal Under US Law?

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
I know that the US has this bizarre, seemingly one-sided financial arrangement with Israel, but is this act of solidarity actually legal? I mean, however well-intentioned, it does seem to be going a bit far.

The 9/12 Project of Southern Connecticut is sponsoring the raising of the Israeli flag above the Connecticut State Capitol every morning during the week of Aug. 22 to show support for the country of Israel. A stand with Israel rally will also be held on the steps of the Capitol on Wednesday, Aug. 24 at noon to coincide with the restoring courage events in Jerusalem during the week of Aug. 22. The restoring courage events, hosted by Glenn Beck, radio commentator, author and entertainer, will be attended by more than 3,000 people from more than 70 countries. Sen. Joseph I Lieberman will also be attending the event at the Temple Mount.

Oy Vey! Israeli Flag-Raising Above State Capitol - Hartford Courant

Forgive me if I'm wrong, JMadison, but I thought that apparatus of the state, and by extension that of the nation, was only allowed to bear the American flag. Not that of a foreign nation, however much they voted in its favour.

I know that the following hypothetical parallel is a bit stretched, but does the precedent set by the State of Conneticut mean that the Union flag could be raised above the White House, if voted upon? I know that I'm being facetious, but it's not that far removed (however contentious) from what's being planned for the 24th of August.

I know that the US has this bizarre, seemingly one-sided financial arrangement with Israel, but is this act of solidarity actually legal? I mean, however well-intentioned, it does seem to be going a bit far.

The 9/12 Project of Southern Connecticut is sponsoring the raising of the Israeli flag above the Connecticut State Capitol every morning during the week of Aug. 22 to show support for the country of Israel. A stand with Israel rally will also be held on the steps of the Capitol on Wednesday, Aug. 24 at noon to coincide with the restoring courage events in Jerusalem during the week of Aug. 22. The restoring courage events, hosted by Glenn Beck, radio commentator, author and entertainer, will be attended by more than 3,000 people from more than 70 countries. Sen. Joseph I Lieberman will also be attending the event at the Temple Mount.

Oy Vey! Israeli Flag-Raising Above State Capitol - Hartford Courant

No more bizarre IMO than the screwy financial arrangement Brits have with those Royal Family morons. They get millions of pounds from the taxpayers each year, spend millions on royal weddings that more often that not in recent decades end in divorce. Guess you folks enjoy enabling the most dysfunctional family of your once great empire.

Why are you commenting on a culture you know nothing about? Stick to pretending you are a Brit and only comment on them.

:thup:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, JMadison, but I thought that apparatus of the state, and by extension that of the nation, was only allowed to bear the American flag. Not that of a foreign nation, however much they voted in its favour.

I know that the following hypothetical parallel is a bit stretched, but does the precedent set by the State of Conneticut mean that the Union flag could be raised above the White House, if voted upon? I know that I'm being facetious, but it's not that far removed (however contentious) from what's being planned for the 24th of August.

The law does not say that flags of other nations cannot be displayed, just that the US flag gets prominence. By the way, the current US flag is the union flag. Untwist your panties, no one is breaking any law, and I am not offended.

Forum List

Back