Osama been fatwad?

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Link

MADRID, Spain (AP) -- Muslim clerics in Spain issued what they called the world's first fatwa, or Islamic edict, against Osama bin Laden on Thursday, the first anniversary of the Madrid train bombings, calling him an apostate and urging others of their faith to denounce the al Qaeda leader.

The ruling was issued by the Islamic Commission of Spain, the main body representing the country's 1 million-member Muslim community. The commission represents 200 or so mostly Sunni mosques, or about 70 percent of all mosques in Spain.

The March 11, 2004, train bombings killed 191 people and were claimed in videotapes by militants who said they had acted on al Qaeda's behalf in revenge for Spain's troop deployment in Iraq.

But maybe for not?

Asked if the edict meant Muslims had to help police try to arrest the world's most wanted man -- who is believed to be hiding along the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan -- Escudero said: "We don't get involved in police affairs but we do feel that all Muslims are obliged to ... keep anyone from doing unjustified damage to other people."

To hell with them and their edict. Strange that the rotten bastards didn't utter a peep after 9-11. But now that the bombs are going off close to home they're getting a bit edgy.

But they continue to support murdering "infidels" as evidenced by the statement "Muslims are obliged to ... keep anyone from doing unjustified damage to other people". That just raghead code. It implies that damage to some people is justified. Guess who those "other people" would be.

Merlin1047 said:
To hell with them and their edict. Strange that the rotten bastards didn't utter a peep after 9-11. But now that the bombs are going off close to home they're getting a bit edgy.

But they continue to support murdering "infidels" as evidenced by the statement "Muslims are obliged to ... keep anyone from doing unjustified damage to other people". That just raghead code. It implies that damage to some people is justified. Guess who those "other people" would be.

I agree. I think this Osama bin fatwad is a joke. I think these guys are just giving lip service because they are beginning to realize that the tide of public opinion is wholly against them.

If they really cared about osama types, then why don't they bust up their own radicals in their own neighborhoods instead of calling for the destruction of some guy hiding in a cave. Not that I mind them wanting bin hiden, you know.

Yurt said:
Link

But maybe for not?

Seems AP left a bit out of their 'coverage' :shocked: :
http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/050310/323/fe375.html

Spanish Muslims issue fatwa against Al-Qaeda's Osama Bin Laden
MADRID (AFX) - Spain's Islamic Commission, which groups the nation's Muslim community, said it was issuing a fatwa against Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, 'We are going to issue a fatwa (religious decree) against Bin Laden this afternoon,' Mansour Escudero, who leads the Federation of Islamic religious entities (Feeri) and co-secretary general of the Spanish governmenmt-created Commission told AFP.

The Commission invited Spanish-based imams to condemn terrorism at Friday prayers, when the whole country will be remembering the 191 people who were killed in the train blasts and the 1,900 injured a year ago. The attacks have been blamed on mainly Moroccan Islamic extremists loyal to Bin Laden.

'We have called on imams to make a formal declaration condemning terrorism and for a special prayer for all the victims of terrorism,' Escudero said.
The Commission has also drawn up a document designed to 'thank the Spanish people and the government for their attitude towards Muslims' since last March 11, in particular for not taking 'disproportionate' measures similar to those which the Sept 11 attacks sparked in the US.

The Commission called on Muslims to take part in Friday's commemorative programme being organised by Spanish authorities and community groups and to work with them to ensure terrorism was defeated.

William Joyce said:
Man, Jews must have forked over a fortune to get this. But damn, they're good.

:bow2: how did you know

:shocked: you have amazing intuition... :terror:

For all you speak of the jews, surely you have an inside to connection to this "shadowy" world. Hmm, are you a double agent?

William Joyce said:
Man, Jews must have forked over a fortune to get this. But damn, they're good.

:blah2: :scratch: :blah2: :scratch: :blah2: :scratch: :blah2: :scratch:

Bonnie said:
:D YOu have such a way with words Merlin LOL

Yeah - I guess I've developed into quite the anti-muslim bigot over the last three years.

I'm not proud of that, but at least I came by it honestly.

Merlin1047 said:
Yeah - I guess I've developed into quite the anti-muslim bigot over the last three years.

I'm not proud of that, but at least I came by it honestly.

No I just mean in general you have a very colorful way of getting right to the point!! That's a good thing! :tng:

Forum List

Back