O'Reily punks Alan Grayson

Are you that stupid? Wait, you don't have to answer that, it's obvious as hell. I've already told your dumbass that I couldn't find the transcript therefore NO LINK!

By a margin of 60 percent to 40 percent, San Francisco's voters told military recruiters to stay out of the city's high schools.

San Fran Voters Oppose Military Recruiters' School Access

You claimed you listened to the original broadcast so you should have been able to provide a link to that. Or did you stick your ear to some time traveling speaker? That's when I pointed out you chose to post oreilly's backpedal instead of the original. So how did you listen to the original? We already know you didn't actually listen to it the day of the broadcast four years ago.

Did you actually read either of those links? One more time:

San

Francisco

Never

Banned

Military

Recruiters

From

Their

City.

They

Didn't

Even

Ban

Them

From

One

School.

You provided the evidence of that in your links...even the neocon rag doesn't support your defense.

Maybe it will make you feel better to imply I am stupid again? Between that, your cheese pics, false accusations about me, false accusations about San Francisco, and completely obliterated attempt to defend oreilly, you sure are making a good case for why you should be accusing anyone of anything. Or. Maybe. Not. Whaddyauthink?

Fact is San Francisco voters voted to ban military recruitment, just becuase it was a non-binding measure doesn't take away the fact that voters opposed military recruitment in their schools. Damn you are stupid!!!

No. They did not vote to ban recruiters. If that is what they voted on then the recruiters would have been banned. So you can't provide a link to the supposed original broadcast you claimed to have listened to, can't show where I did ad homs so much I'd be near mute if they were not allowed, can't show where san francisco banned recruiters, thus removing your entire defense of oreilly's blessings for terrorists to attack an american city, and oh what's the use? You've already demonstrated a total inability to be honest or admit when you made a mistake. Is accusing someone of being damn stupid an ad hom? Rotfl! You should have stuck with your affinity to post pics of cheese!

Actually you've shown yourself to be completely ignorant. Fact is Texas is known for it's many inventions and innovations from the artificial heart to can milk. I bet you hated to have this ol' Texas boy prove you wrong!

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.

Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).

Person B attacks position Y.

Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.
Fallacy: Straw Man

I never said Texans never invented anything. Do you see your strawman fallacy? Wait....move the cheese pics and try to look again.

You can call it whatever you want, fact is I kicked your ass and proved you to be the idiot that you are.

ROTFL!!!! You kicked my ass by showing some inventions that came out of Texas? Did you forget I never claimed no inventions came out of Texas? Is this how you claim victory? By declaring something that was never there? Lol! Keep going! You are really helping prove my point with every post and every childish name you type.

You claimed you listened to the original broadcast so you should have been able to provide a link to that. Or did you stick your ear to some time traveling speaker? That's when I pointed out you chose to post oreilly's backpedal instead of the original. So how did you listen to the original? We already know you didn't actually listen to it the day of the broadcast four years ago.

Did you actually read either of those links? One more time:

San

Francisco

Never

Banned

Military

Recruiters

From

Their

City.

They

Didn't

Even

Ban

Them

From

One

School.

You provided the evidence of that in your links...even the neocon rag doesn't support your defense.

Maybe it will make you feel better to imply I am stupid again? Between that, your cheese pics, false accusations about me, false accusations about San Francisco, and completely obliterated attempt to defend oreilly, you sure are making a good case for why you should be accusing anyone of anything. Or. Maybe. Not. Whaddyauthink?

Fact is San Francisco voters voted to ban military recruitment, just becuase it was a non-binding measure doesn't take away the fact that voters opposed military recruitment in their schools. Damn you are stupid!!!

No. They did not vote to ban recruiters. If that is what they voted on then the recruiters would have been banned. So you can't provide a link to the supposed original broadcast you claimed to have listened to, can't show where I did ad homs so much I'd be near mute if they were not allowed, can't show where san francisco banned recruiters, thus removing your entire defense of oreilly's blessings for terrorists to attack an american city, and oh what's the use? You've already demonstrated a total inability to be honest or admit when you made a mistake. Is accusing someone of being damn stupid an ad hom? Rotfl! You should have stuck with your affinity to post pics of cheese!

Your concession is duly noted.

So onto your list of false accusations you wish to add another one. Why not? It's not like you have an honorable reputation in danger of being tarnished. Is that why you don't care how many dishonest statements you make? Must be nice to not care like that......

So onto your list of false accusations you wish to add another one. Why not? It's not like you have an honorable reputation in danger of being tarnished. Is that why you don't care how many dishonest statements you make? Must be nice to not care like that......

You still crying? Silly troll!

There it is! The always classy method of calling someone a troll when you cannot defend anything you have claimed. The only honest part of your posts in this thread are the time stamps. Maybe you should try to focus on them? It would be a lot better than going from posting pics of cheese to calling someone a troll.

There it is! The always classy method of calling someone a troll when you cannot defend anything you have claimed. The only honest part of your posts in this thread are the time stamps. Maybe you should try to focus on them? It would be a lot better than going from posting pics of cheese to calling someone a troll.

I've answered your asinine questions already, it's not my fault you can't accept or understand the answers. So how does it feel to have this ol' Texas redneck outwit you?

I've answered your asinine questions already, it's not my fault you can't accept or understand the answers. So how does it feel to have this ol' Texas redneck outwit you?

Holy shit man, you just make stuff up as you go and hope nobody is paying attention. You didn't answer anything but only contradicted yourself several times and made several false accusations. But hey, this might be your only refuge so don't let me spoil your little fantasy world. Have fun!

I'm not sure if every one of these folks mentioned were native Texans or they just happen to be in Texas when their respective invention/innovation was produced. But I'm fairly certain that most were. Keep in mind that this is a country of immigrants and many people transplanted themselves here from other states. My point is that Texas has it's share of intellectuals and is known for many of the inventions/innovations I mentioned.

I was just :razz:ing you.

A statement like Texas in not known for its intellectualism is using a mighty broad brush.

It was a silly statement and I hope said in jest.

Immie

Texas is not known for its intellectualism. That is not a broad brush at all and if more people got off of their politically correct high horses they would admit when they think of Texas many things come to mind.....intellectualism is not one of them. This is no different than saying danny devito is not known for his basketball dunking skills. It's just common knowledge.

That is ridiculous Curvelight. Name a place you can honestly claim "intellectualism" comes to mind when you think of it. You'll probably say, "Harvard" or "Yale" or some other Ivy League school, but you wont say a state or a country, because states and countries are too broad for such things.

People classify areas such as the NorthEast as being arrogant, DC as being corrupt and southerners as being backwards rednecks but where would you really think of an area that is "intellectual" and give a reason for believing so too, please?

By the way, anything you come up with is just going to be stereotypical BS, much like the broad strokes you painted with earlier.

Immie

PS, I'm not from Texas. I don't even like Texas. Haven't lost a thing there and if I don't make it back there in this life time, I'm not going to cry about it.

PPS Sorry, Lonestar, but your state is boring.

Last edited:

Holy shit man, you just make stuff up as you go and hope nobody is paying attention. You didn't answer anything but only contradicted yourself several times and made several false accusations. But hey, this might be your only refuge so don't let me spoil your little fantasy world. Have fun!

Reading comprehension seems to be too difficult for you. Perhaps I should include more pictures and less words then you may be able to follow along. But I doubt it!

A statement like Texas in not known for its intellectualism is using a mighty broad brush.

Immie

Texas is not known for its intellectualism. That is not a broad brush at all and if more people got off of their politically correct high horses they would admit when they think of Texas many things come to mind.....intellectualism is not one of them. This is no different than saying danny devito is not known for his basketball dunking skills. It's just common knowledge.

That is ridiculous Curvelight. Name a place you can honestly claim "intellectualism" comes to mind when you think of it. You'll probably say, "Harvard" or "Yale" or some other Ivy League school, but you wont say a state or a country, because states and countries are too broad for such things.

People classify areas such as the NorthEast as being arrogant, DC as being corrupt and southerners as being backwards rednecks but where would you really think of an area that is "intellectual" and give a reason for believing so too, please?

By the way, anything you come up with is just going to be stereotypical BS, much like the broad strokes you painted with earlier.

Immie

PS, I'm not from Texas. I don't even like Texas. Haven't lost a thing there and if I don't make it back there in this life time, I'm not going to cry about it.

Does intellectualism come to mind when you think of Texas? Simple yes or no.

Immie

I think you should answer my question first rather than avoiding it. ;)

Immie

Immie

Immie

It's all good Immie. I would agree that some parts of this state can be very boring, it all boils down to location, location, location.....

Immie

Immie

I'm not avoiding anything but a poor attempt at distraction. One more time: I said Texas is not known for its intellectualism. That is my claim. One way to prove that is to ask: does intellectualism come to mind when you think of Texas? That's a simple yes or no question so why can't you answer it? Is it because we know the answer is "no" thereby putting down your politically correct high horse? But, to help prove even your distraction is empty I will point out I see places like Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, England, Germany, China, Japan, and Austria as being known for intellectualism. Will you try to distract some more or will you be courteous and answer the question?

Immie

I'm not avoiding anything but a poor attempt at distraction. One more time: I said Texas is not known for its intellectualism. That is my claim. One way to prove that is to ask: does intellectualism come to mind when you think of Texas? That's a simple yes or no question so why can't you answer it? Is it because we know the answer is "no" thereby putting down your politically correct high horse? But, to help prove even your distraction is empty I will point out I see places like Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, England, Germany, China, Japan, and Austria as being known for intellectualism. Will you try to distract some more or will you be courteous and answer the question?

I should not have to answer your question for a third time.

Actually, I was extremely courteous... much more so than you have been to me in this post and others in this thread and if you even had a basic understanding of the English Language, you would understand by my previous answers that I don't believe there is any place that one thinks of "intellectualism" when they think of the place, Texas or otherwise. I sure as hell, was not attacking your points of view.

I asked you a simple quetion which until this post you avoided. This board is for discussion right?

You also did not complete the answer... I asked for your reasoning.

I guess you think all Greeks and Romans and the others you mentioned are more intellectual than people from other times and regions, but as I asked before... why, give your reasons.

Immie

Immie

Actually, I was extremely courteous... much more so than you have been to me in this post and others in this thread and if you even had a basic understanding of the English Language, you would understand by my previous answers that I don't believe there is any place that one thinks of "intellectualism" when they think of the place, Texas or otherwise. I sure as hell, was not attacking your points of view.

I asked you a simple quetion which until this post you avoided. This board is for discussion right?

I guess you think all Greeks and Romans and the others you mentioned are more intellectual than people from other times and regions, but as I asked before... why, give your reasons.

Immie

So since you personally don't relate intellectualism that means my claim about Texas is wrong? It would seem then your answer to my question would be "no." Which is exactly the conclusion of my claim. You agree with my conclusion but wish to nitpick the path? For what purpose?

No I do not see the ancient greeks or romans as being more intellectual than than all other people. Just like lonestar you make the mistake of rewriting my claim then pounce on your edited version. You asked for places and I named some in no particular order. Now you want to interrogate why I associate intellectualism with certain regions? Okay, it's quite simple. The same reasons many people associate chocolate with Hershey, Pennsylvania. Do you realize Germany is a major source for Protestant theology? That most of Western Philosophy is anchored in disciplines engendered in ancient greece? Maybe you can impress us some more by saying how troublesome it is for someone like you to have to communicate with someone like me who doesn't even have a basic understanding of the english language. Sparkle sparkle! Lol

Immie

So since you personally don't relate intellectualism that means my claim about Texas is wrong? It would seem then your answer to my question would be "no." Which is exactly the conclusion of my claim. You agree with my conclusion but wish to nitpick the path? For what purpose?

No I do not see the ancient greeks or romans as being more intellectual than than all other people. Just like lonestar you make the mistake of rewriting my claim then pounce on your edited version. You asked for places and I named some in no particular order. Now you want to interrogate why I associate intellectualism with certain regions? Okay, it's quite simple. The same reasons many people associate chocolate with Hershey, Pennsylvania. Do you realize Germany is a major source for Protestant theology? That most of Western Philosophy is anchored in disciplines engendered in ancient greece? Maybe you can impress us some more by saying how troublesome it is for someone like you to have to communicate with someone like me who doesn't even have a basic understanding of the english language. Sparkle sparkle! Lol

I don't believe I claimed you were wrong. I believe I asked you why you thought such a thing and I said that you were painting with a mighty broad brush.

I'm sorry... maybe this is not a discussion board. Maybe we should simply take the almighty Curvelight's word for everything and maybe you should post as a blog and we should simply read your omniscient writings.

Immie

Immie

It's all good Immie. I would agree that some parts of this state can be very boring, it all boils down to location, location, location.....

I once drove from El Paso all the way through to the eastern side of Texas into Arkansas. I believe on total it took about 20 hours, 3 or 4 speeding tickets I never paid, 850 cups of coffee, and searching for radio stations that weren't playing mariachi or early hank williams. But, I did have a really fun stop over in Dallas.

Forum List

Back