O'Reily punks Alan Grayson

I should not have to answer your question for a third time.

Actually, I was extremely courteous... much more so than you have been to me in this post and others in this thread and if you even had a basic understanding of the English Language, you would understand by my previous answers that I don't believe there is any place that one thinks of "intellectualism" when they think of the place, Texas or otherwise. I sure as hell, was not attacking your points of view.

I asked you a simple quetion which until this post you avoided. This board is for discussion right?

You also did not complete the answer... I asked for your reasoning.

I guess you think all Greeks and Romans and the others you mentioned are more intellectual than people from other times and regions, but as I asked before... why, give your reasons.

Immie

So since you personally don't relate intellectualism that means my claim about Texas is wrong? It would seem then your answer to my question would be "no." Which is exactly the conclusion of my claim. You agree with my conclusion but wish to nitpick the path? For what purpose?

No I do not see the ancient greeks or romans as being more intellectual than than all other people. Just like lonestar you make the mistake of rewriting my claim then pounce on your edited version. You asked for places and I named some in no particular order. Now you want to interrogate why I associate intellectualism with certain regions? Okay, it's quite simple. The same reasons many people associate chocolate with Hershey, Pennsylvania. Do you realize Germany is a major source for Protestant theology? That most of Western Philosophy is anchored in disciplines engendered in ancient greece? Maybe you can impress us some more by saying how troublesome it is for someone like you to have to communicate with someone like me who doesn't even have a basic understanding of the english language. Sparkle sparkle! Lol

I don't believe I claimed you were wrong. I believe I asked you why you thought such a thing and I said that you were painting with a mighty broad brush.

I'm sorry... maybe this is not a discussion board. Maybe we should simply take the almighty Curvelight's word for everything and maybe you should post as a blog and we should simply read your omniscient writings.

Immie

So in post 169 when you said:

"That is ridiculous Curvelight. Name a place you can honestly claim "intellectualism" comes to mind when you think of it. You'll probably say, "Harvard" or "Yale" or some other Ivy League school, but you wont say a state or a country, because states and countries are too broad for such things."

You weren't saying I was wrong? Okey dokey!

So since you personally don't relate intellectualism that means my claim about Texas is wrong? It would seem then your answer to my question would be "no." Which is exactly the conclusion of my claim. You agree with my conclusion but wish to nitpick the path? For what purpose?

No I do not see the ancient greeks or romans as being more intellectual than than all other people. Just like lonestar you make the mistake of rewriting my claim then pounce on your edited version. You asked for places and I named some in no particular order. Now you want to interrogate why I associate intellectualism with certain regions? Okay, it's quite simple. The same reasons many people associate chocolate with Hershey, Pennsylvania. Do you realize Germany is a major source for Protestant theology? That most of Western Philosophy is anchored in disciplines engendered in ancient greece? Maybe you can impress us some more by saying how troublesome it is for someone like you to have to communicate with someone like me who doesn't even have a basic understanding of the english language. Sparkle sparkle! Lol

I don't believe I claimed you were wrong. I believe I asked you why you thought such a thing and I said that you were painting with a mighty broad brush.

I'm sorry... maybe this is not a discussion board. Maybe we should simply take the almighty Curvelight's word for everything and maybe you should post as a blog and we should simply read your omniscient writings.

Immie

"That is ridiculous Curvelight. Name a place you can honestly claim "intellectualism" comes to mind when you think of it. You'll probably say, "Harvard" or "Yale" or some other Ivy League school, but you wont say a state or a country, because states and countries are too broad for such things."

No, I was saying I don't agree with you.

Big difference.

If I was saying that you were wrong, I would say something like, "You don't know what the fuck you are talking about." and then I would have presented facts as to why Texas is known for its intellectualism.

Big difference.

Immie

PS What part of DISCUSSION BOARD don't you understand?

Last edited:

Immie

Big difference.

If I was saying that you were wrong, I would say something like, "You don't know what the fuck you are talking about." and then I would have presented facts as to why Texas is known for its intellectualism.

Big difference.

Immie

You tried to say I was wrong on the basis I would only be able to name Harvard or Yale or Ivy league schools as places associated with intellectualism because that is too broad to apply to Nations or States. I responded by giving examples of nations known for their intellectualism. Now you want to backpedal and claim you never said I was wrong. Classy.

Big difference.

Big difference.

Immie

You tried to say I was wrong on the basis I would only be able to name Harvard or Yale or Ivy league schools as places associated with intellectualism because that is too broad to apply to Nations or States. I responded by giving examples of nations known for their intellectualism. Now you want to backpedal and claim you never said I was wrong. Classy.

No, I said I disagreed with you and gave my reasons for why I disagree with you and then I asked you to answer a question. This is a discussion board not a board for calling people from Texas idiotic names. If you can't handle discussion, maybe you need to go to DU.com where everyone will agree with you?

It also took you three posts I believe before you came back with your answer.

Immie

Big difference.

Big difference.

Immie

No, I said I disagreed with you and gave my reasons for why I disagree with you and then I asked you to answer a question. This is a discussion board not a board for calling people from Texas idiotic names. If you can't handle discussion, maybe you need to go to DU.com where everyone will agree with you?

Immie
this one has a history of misreading posts here

That is ridiculous Curvelight. Name a place you can honestly claim "intellectualism" comes to mind when you think of it. You'll probably say, "Harvard" or "Yale" or some other Ivy League school, but you wont say a state or a country, because states and countries are too broad for such things.

People classify areas such as the NorthEast as being arrogant, DC as being corrupt and southerners as being backwards rednecks but where would you really think of an area that is "intellectual" and give a reason for believing so too, please?

By the way, anything you come up with is just going to be stereotypical BS, much like the broad strokes you painted with earlier.

Immie

PS, I'm not from Texas. I don't even like Texas. Haven't lost a thing there and if I don't make it back there in this life time, I'm not going to cry about it.

PPS Sorry, Lonestar, but your state is boring.

It's all good Immie. I would agree that some parts of this state can be very boring, it all boils down to location, location, location.....

I once drove from El Paso all the way through to the eastern side of Texas into Arkansas. I believe on total it took about 20 hours, 3 or 4 speeding tickets I never paid, 850 cups of coffee, and searching for radio stations that weren't playing mariachi or early hank williams. But, I did have a really fun stop over in Dallas.

There was no need to prove your stupidity, but thanks for sharing.

Big difference.

Big difference.

Immie

Immie

Geez dude. Please show a single post where I called Texans even one idiotic name? You obviously don't care about people slinging childish names because you have not criticized a single post itt that I am aware of where name calling occurred. So what do you do? Ignore those posts only to falsely accuse someone of name calling.

Now you want to split hairs to try and avoid admitting you said I was wrong into just saying you "disagree?" what's worse.....the obvious double standard or the inability to admit you made a mistake when you claimed nobody can reference a nation in connection with being known for intellectualism?

Immie

Geez dude. Please show a single post where I called Texans even one idiotic name? You obviously don't care about people slinging childish names because you have not criticized a single post itt that I am aware of where name calling occurred. So what do you do? Ignore those posts only to falsely accuse someone of name calling.

Now you want to split hairs to try and avoid admitting you said I was wrong into just saying you "disagree?" what's worse.....the obvious double standard or the inability to admit you made a mistake when you claimed nobody can reference a nation in connection with being known for intellectualism?

You and L_L were making idiots out of yourselves. I simply attempted to bring the discussion back to a peaceful conversation. Knowing L_L and how he is when he gets a wild hair up his ass, I thought that you might actually be reasonable and maybe the discussion could come back from name-calling, which you did plenty of throughtout this thread, and a decent conversation could be reignited... I suppose that thinking you were reasonable was an error on my part.

Grow some thicker skin if you can't handle people disagreeing with you.

Immie

Immie

You and L_L were making idiots out of yourselves. I simply attempted to bring the discussion back to a peaceful conversation. Knowing L_L and how he is when he gets a wild hair up his ass, I thought that you might actually be reasonable and maybe the discussion could come back from name-calling, which you did plenty of throughtout this thread, and a decent conversation could be reignited... I suppose that thinking you were reasonable was an error on my part.

Grow some thicker skin if you can't handle people disagreeing with you.

Immie

One mo' time.....please point to a single post where I called anyone a name. It's so funny you are trying to lecture anyone about getting thicker skin!

One mo' time.....please point to a single post where I called anyone a name. It's so funny you are trying to lecture anyone about getting thicker skin!

Here is the last example: It was so difficult to find.

You have been acting like this through most of the tread. You don't call this example, name-calling?

You guys are funny, you think BillO punked Grayson? LOL

Read the thread title dumbass.

Another beaming example of fine intellect from the lone star!

True, you didn't call him an idiot in so few words, but basically you were calling him an idiot.

Immie

Last edited:
CL,

Every bit of your discussion in this thread having to do with "Texas Intellectualism" or the lack there of, was name-calling. You were insinuating that L_L was an idiot.

Immie

CL,

Every bit of your discussion in this thread having to do with "Texas Intellectualism" or the lack there of, was name-calling. You were insinuating that L_L was an idiot.

Immie

So you can't point to a single time when I called anyone a name? Yet you ignore all the stupid name calling that was actually done. Take your hypocrisy on vacation....or at least a 3-Day weekend. Hell, maybe even a lunch break?

While you're doing that could you explain how you can say you disagree with someone but at the same time are not saying they are wrong? How does that go?

"I disagree with you but you are correct!" lol

You have been acting like this through most of the tread. You don't call this example, name-calling?

True, you didn't call him an idiot in so few words, but basically you were calling him an idiot.

Immie

No I was not calling him an idiot in any form. Your accusation is a petty attempt to justify what you know is not true. It's funny how you complain about name calling but here you focus on the one who didn't call anyone any names. Classy.

Immie

No I was not calling him an idiot in any form. Your accusation is a petty attempt to justify what you know is not true. It's funny how you complain about name calling but here you focus on the one who didn't call anyone any names ans completely ignore the one who did. Classy.

(since I'm lacking a basic understanding of English could anyone please help others understand there is a big difference between commenting on a post and a person. Yes, when I pointed out Immie's hypocrisy that was comment about the post and the person.)

Love ya! Thanks!

CL,

Immie

So you can't point to a single time when I called anyone a name? Yet you ignore all the stupid name calling that was actually done. Take your hypocrisy on vacation....or at least a 3-Day weekend. Hell, maybe even a lunch break?

While you're doing that could you explain how you can say you disagree with someone but at the same time are not saying they are wrong? How does that go?

What the fuck are you? A fifth grader?

Disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that they are wrong. It is pointing out that you don't agree with them and asking them to explain their position. Later you can determine whether or not they are wrong.

Your whole attack of L_L has been name calling. Are you not intelligent enough to figure that out?

Immie

Immie

No I was not calling him an idiot in any form. Your accusation is a petty attempt to justify what you know is not true. It's funny how you complain about name calling but here you focus on the one who didn't call anyone any names ans completely ignore the one who did. Classy.

(since I'm lacking a basic understanding of English could anyone please help others understand there is a big difference between commenting on a post and a person. Yes, when I pointed out Immie's hypocrisy that was comment about the post and the person.)

Love ya! Thanks!

Now you are a liar.

Nor are you intelligent enough to know what the word hypocrisy means. No where have I excused L_L's behavior. I simply have argued enough with him to know that discussing his name calling of you with him would about as effective as banging your head up against a wall.

I had the mistaken impression that you were intelligent enough to discuss things openly and not in the whiny way you have presented yourself through this entire conversation.

Immie

Last edited:
CL,

Immie

What the fuck are you? A fifth grader?

Disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that they are wrong. It is pointing out that you don't agree with them and asking them to explain their position. Later you can determine whether or not they are wrong.

Your whole attack of L_L has been name calling. Are you not intelligent enough to figure that out?

Immie

Hahhaaa. Dude you are a riot! You proclaimed nobody can refer to any nation or state as being known for intellectualism. You didn't simply ask for an explanation. You made a fucking claim that you can't back up so now you're following lonestar's footsteps and have resorted to calling people names. Bravo!

(it's even funnier you keep accusing me of calling people names yet you can't point to one single time I have done that.)

It's like you guys need a clubhouse arm patch or something to let other posters know when a PPA!* is in effect. That way you will save others time by letting them know you will make claims about arguments and people but if you cannot support those claims or if you are proven wrong, you will roll on and pretend nothing has happened. Nope. You will not retract nor concede.

*Purple Panty Alert

Forum List

Back