O'Reily punks Alan Grayson

You still fail to understand. At the time it was clear he was not simply being satirical and even in the spin off piece from him you posted he straight up said it was a "serious point." For the last time, the problem is his fan base had no problem with it. This was 4 years after 9/11 so if you really think it was just a joke then by all means, cling to whatever you desire to justify his crap. Go ahead and say how dumb I am cause it sure helps prove your point. Take away ad homs and most people in here would be near mute.

Including yourself.

Tell me what is life like when you take everything literally?

Lol.....when did I commit an ad hom? I don't take everything literally. Is this your new oreilly defense? Figures. Making false accusations is nothing new when you can't discuss an issue. Did you ever explain how you listened to the original broadcast yet couldn't provide a link for it? Maybe you can invent an ad hom out of that and ignore it!

Issue has been discussed, you took O'Reilly's hyperbole literally and it isn't a false accusation. It's a fact. You have no idea what an ad hom is, do you?

Iam a Republican and I don't care to a certain degree. If he said Republicans want people to die faster then he was wrong for such a horribly dishonest broadbrush. (if divecon feels the need to chime in let me remind you Texas is not known for its intellectualism. A hurtful truth doesn't make it untrue.)

So far a good portion looks like manufactured outrage.

If it is true then you should be able to provide proof.

You mean besides linking your posts? True, that would be an unfair extrapolation. So let's see.....

TexasOnline: Official Portal of Texas

Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We all know Texas is known for several things such as bbq, oil, inability to defend its borders, racism, and let's not forget the love of guns and the celebration of killing unarmed people. But intellectualism? Not even close.

Still waiting on your proof!

Grayson's comments are "controversial" because Republicans don't like their tactics being used against them.

Iam a Republican and I don't care to a certain degree. If he said Republicans want people to die faster then he was wrong for such a horribly dishonest broadbrush. (if divecon feels the need to chime in let me remind you Texas is not known for its intellectualism. A hurtful truth doesn't make it untrue.)

It's childish, and I'd agree with that. Is it really any different though from when Republicans call people who are pro-choice "baby killers"? Not really.

Including yourself.

Tell me what is life like when you take everything literally?

Lol.....when did I commit an ad hom? I don't take everything literally. Is this your new oreilly defense? Figures. Making false accusations is nothing new when you can't discuss an issue. Did you ever explain how you listened to the original broadcast yet couldn't provide a link for it? Maybe you can invent an ad hom out of that and ignore it!

Issue has been discussed, you took O'Reilly's hyperbole literally and it isn't a false accusation. It's a fact. You have no idea what an ad hom is, do you?

So you can't explain how you listened to the original broadcast yet couldn't provide a link?

I asked you to show where I did an ad hom and just like the above question, you keep dodging like you're training for the Running of the Bulls. How many more times will you dodge?

Oreilly didn't backpedal on what he said until he realized it was over the line and here are some of his loyal followers making false claims to defend him no matter what. So you find it a-okay to say (even IF in hyperbole) it's okay for terrorists to attack americans? It is obvious you have no problem with it since you've defended oreilly from every possible and ridiculous angle. Congratulations.

If it is true then you should be able to provide proof.

You mean besides linking your posts? True, that would be an unfair extrapolation. So let's see.....

We all know Texas is known for several things such as bbq, oil, inability to defend its borders, racism, and let's not forget the love of guns and the celebration of killing unarmed people. But intellectualism? Not even close.

I've already provided the official Texas State homepage and the wiki link. Neither of them show anything anywhere near Texas being known for intellectualism. We all know it isn't. Maybe you can post another picture of cheese? C'mon and dazzle us! Lol.

Grayson's comments are "controversial" because Republicans don't like their tactics being used against them.

It's childish, and I'd agree with that. Is it really any different though from when Republicans call people who are pro-choice "baby killers"? Not really.

No and there is a clear double standard in play from the Christian Right/Neocons who use that term or say war critics hate america, hate our troops, etc. It's also why that camp helps produce psychotic killers (adkisson Tenn. Terrorist church attack) who parrot talking heads like oreilly/hannity and have to literally fabricate attacks, like the fake carved B victim. I absolutely hate it my Party has been infiltrated by these parasite type policies.

So you can't explain how you listened to the original broadcast yet couldn't provide a link?

I asked you to show where I did an ad hom and just like the above question, you keep dodging like you're training for the Running of the Bulls. How many more times will you dodge?

Oreilly didn't backpedal on what he said until he realized it was over the line and here are some of his loyal followers making false claims to defend him no matter what. So you find it a-okay to say (even IF in hyperbole) it's okay for terrorists to attack americans? It is obvious you have no problem with it since you've defended oreilly from every possible and ridiculous angle. Congratulations.

I've already explained why I didn't provide a link. As for the ad hom attack, I'm not in the habit of pointing out the obvious. I'm not defending Bill, I'm pointing out the fact that he was using hyperbole to make a valid point. And that point is if you don't want military recruiters around then why should you expect military help if and when it's needed. Fact is it wasn't meant to be taken literally, which you can't seem to comprehend, hence the pity I have for you.

I've already provided the official Texas State homepage and the wiki link. Neither of them show anything anywhere near Texas being known for intellectualism. We all know it isn't. Maybe you can post another picture of cheese? C'mon and dazzle us! Lol.

Your claim is that Texas is not known for it's intellectualism, you haven't provided any evidence that supports that claim. You have to prove that Texans have an inability to learn and reason, to think abstractly or profoundly. Or that Texans don't have the capacity for knowledge and understanding.

Fact is the first semi-conductor was invented here as was the one-transistor Dynamic Random Access Memory or DRAM. Even the first electric typwriter was invented here in Texas as was the artificial heart, MTV, Microchips, Automated Traffic Lights, Car Radio, Heart-Lung Machines, MASH hospitals, Typewriter Correction Fluid.

When one considers where would the world be without Texans, there are some surprising answers. Many modern inventions and products that we use daily are due to the work of Texans.

I've already explained why I didn't provide a link. As for the ad hom attack, I'm not in the habit of pointing out the obvious. I'm not defending Bill, I'm pointing out the fact that he was using hyperbole to make a valid point. And that point is if you don't want military recruiters around then why should you expect military help if and when it's needed. Fact is it wasn't meant to be taken literally, which you can't seem to comprehend, hence the pity I have for you.

Where did you explain how you listened to the original broadcast yet couldn't provide a link? This is what....the fourth request? Ignore it again just like your false accusation I did an ad hom.

The citizens of San francisco never voted to ban the military recruiters from their city so how was oreilly making a valid point by saying it was okay for terrorists to blow up the Coit Tower? It's good to see your false accusations are not limited to some random poster on a forum. You will even falsely accuse a whole city if it can give you a whisper of hope for defending your latest laughable claim. Don't you have any more neato pictures of cheese to post?

Where did you explain how you listened to the original broadcast yet couldn't provide a link? This is what....the fourth request? Ignore it again just like your false accusation I did an ad hom.

The citizens of San francisco never voted to ban the military recruiters from their city so how was oreilly making a valid point by saying it was okay for terrorists to blow up the Coit Tower? It's good to see your false accusations are not limited to some random poster on a forum. You will even falsely accuse a whole city if it can give you a whisper of hope for defending your latest laughable claim. Don't you have any more neato pictures of cheese to post?

Are you that stupid? Wait, you don't have to answer that, it's obvious as hell. I've already told your dumbass that I couldn't find the transcript therefore NO LINK!

By a margin of 60 percent to 40 percent, San Francisco's voters told military recruiters to stay out of the city's high schools.

San Fran Voters Oppose Military Recruiters' School Access

Your claim is that Texas is not known for it's intellectualism, you haven't provided any evidence that supports that claim. You have to prove that Texans have an inability to learn and reason, to think abstractly or profoundly. Or that Texans don't have the capacity for knowledge and understanding.

Fact is the first semi-conductor was invented here as was the one-transistor Dynamic Random Access Memory or DRAM. Even the first electric typwriter was invented here in Texas as was the artificial heart, MTV, Microchips, Automated Traffic Lights, Car Radio, Heart-Lung Machines, MASH hospitals, Typewriter Correction Fluid.

When one considers where would the world be without Texans, there are some surprising answers. Many modern inventions and products that we use daily are due to the work of Texans.

Lol. Do I have to provide the post number where I clearly said saying Texas not being known for its intellectualism doesn't mean there are no intellectuals there? (man, doesn't it suck when you think you have a "gotcha!" moment only to realize.....ooops! Spoke too soon!)

I just have to ask, are you saying all those things were developed BY Texans as opposed to IN Texas? You sure that it wasn't all those Californians that came to visit the beautiful Texas wasteland and didn't go home that developed all those things? ;)

Immie

Lol. Do I have to provide the post number where I clearly said saying Texas not being known for its intellectualism doesn't mean there are no intellectuals there? (man, doesn't it suck when you think you have a "gotcha!" moment only to realize.....ooops! Spoke too soon!)

Actually you've shown yourself to be completely ignorant. Fact is Texas is known for it's many inventions and innovations from the artificial heart to can milk. I bet you hated to have this ol' Texas boy prove you wrong!

Are you that stupid? Wait, you don't have to answer that, it's obvious as hell. I've already told your dumbass that I couldn't find the transcript therefore NO LINK!

By a margin of 60 percent to 40 percent, San Francisco's voters told military recruiters to stay out of the city's high schools.

You claimed you listened to the original broadcast so you should have been able to provide a link to that. Or did you stick your ear to some time traveling speaker? That's when I pointed out you chose to post oreilly's backpedal instead of the original. So how did you listen to the original? We already know you didn't actually listen to it the day of the broadcast four years ago.

Did you actually read either of those links? One more time:

San

Francisco

Never

Banned

Military

Recruiters

From

Their

City.

They

Didn't

Even

Ban

Them

From

One

School.

You provided the evidence of that in your links...even the neocon rag doesn't support your defense.

Maybe it will make you feel better to imply I am stupid again? Between that, your cheese pics, false accusations about me, false accusations about San Francisco, and completely obliterated attempt to defend oreilly, you sure are making a good case for why you should be accusing anyone of anything. Or. Maybe. Not. Whaddyauthink?

I just have to ask, are you saying all those things were developed BY Texans as opposed to IN Texas? You sure that it wasn't all those Californians that came to visit the beautiful Texas wasteland and didn't go home that developed all those things? ;)

Immie

I'm not sure if every one of these folks mentioned were native Texans or they just happen to be in Texas when their respective invention/innovation was produced. But I'm fairly certain that most were. Keep in mind that this is a country of immigrants and many people transplanted themselves here from other states. My point is that Texas has it's share of intellectuals and is known for many of the inventions/innovations I mentioned.

Immie

I'm not sure if every one of these folks mentioned were native Texans or they just happen to be in Texas when their respective invention/innovation was produced. But I'm fairly certain that most were. Keep in mind that this is a country of immigrants and many people transplanted themselves here from other states. My point is that Texas has it's share of intellectuals and is known for many of the inventions/innovations I mentioned.

I was just :razz:ing you.

A statement like Texas in not known for its intellectualism is using a mighty broad brush.

It was a silly statement and I hope said in jest.

Immie

Actually you've shown yourself to be completely ignorant. Fact is Texas is known for it's many inventions and innovations from the artificial heart to can milk. I bet you hated to have this ol' Texas boy prove you wrong!

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.

Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).

Person B attacks position Y.

Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.
Fallacy: Straw Man

I never said Texans never invented anything. Do you see your strawman fallacy? Wait....move the cheese pics and try to look again.

You claimed you listened to the original broadcast so you should have been able to provide a link to that. Or did you stick your ear to some time traveling speaker? That's when I pointed out you chose to post oreilly's backpedal instead of the original. So how did you listen to the original? We already know you didn't actually listen to it the day of the broadcast four years ago.

Did you actually read either of those links? One more time:

San

Francisco

Never

Banned

Military

Recruiters

From

Their

City.

They

Didn't

Even

Ban

Them

From

One

School.

You provided the evidence of that in your links...even the neocon rag doesn't support your defense.

Maybe it will make you feel better to imply I am stupid again? Between that, your cheese pics, false accusations about me, false accusations about San Francisco, and completely obliterated attempt to defend oreilly, you sure are making a good case for why you should be accusing anyone of anything. Or. Maybe. Not. Whaddyauthink?

Fact is San Francisco voters voted to ban military recruitment, just becuase it was a non-binding measure doesn't take away the fact that voters opposed military recruitment in their schools. Damn you are stupid!!!

Immie

I was just :razz:ing you.

A statement like Texas in not known for its intellectualism is using a mighty broad brush.

It was a silly statement and I hope said in jest.

Immie

Texas is not known for its intellectualism. That is not a broad brush at all and if more people got off of their politically correct high horses they would admit when they think of Texas many things come to mind.....intellectualism is not one of them. This is no different than saying danny devito is not known for his basketball dunking skills. It's just common knowledge.

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.

Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).

Person B attacks position Y.

Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.
Fallacy: Straw Man

I never said Texans never invented anything. Do you see your strawman fallacy? Wait....move the cheese pics and try to look again.

You can call it whatever you want, fact is I kicked your ass and proved you to be the idiot that you are.

Forum List

Back