Oregon said Obama stay away..so guess who's coming to Roseburg?

Correct, the families should speak for themselves. When have they said they wanted to see this joker in their town?

According to you a family member should be denied the opportunity to say exactly that to his face if that's the way they feel. Why do you want to stifle these people and not allow them to speak for themselves?

I hope they do speak for themselves. I hope this is the most embarrassing moment of your Presidents career. I hope it goes down in history and remembered forever.

:lol:

Of course that's what you "hope" for.

or this
obama3_zps4b9ecc38.jpg

Well I'm sure you are right . No one will show for his speech !! Lol!

Hey, what will u say when it's a big crowd?

I hope they boo him myself. that would make my day actually. again, IF THE FAMILIES asked him to kindly keep his crappy political agenda (because his record has been turning them into a sermon about how bad we all are for wanting our guns and blaa blaa blaaa) and his ugly self out of their children's funerals. he should try and find a little honor for a change and honor their wishes. that's it.

I would help the president. I wouldn't want this to happen to any other family if it were me. Republicans count on it happening. It gives them a reason to spout their pro death nonsense.

I cant speak for the rest of the people in my neighborhood, but I for one would not welcome obama if it were my child. Wouldnt want him anywhere around. Nothing he could say would have any sincerity or value.
Im pretty sure the majority around here would feel the same, however like I said, I cant and wont speak for them.
The references to this article that I find are all one guy saying it for everyone. But I have not found any article that specifically has that opinion from all of those in question.

It is really a mixed bag. You want the world to stop and recognize your loss because the pain is so overwhelming. What happened in Seattle with the Ride the Duck seem so minimal. No President, no press, it seems to minimize the death of those just 10 days ago. Is their life any better or less?
Thats why I would not be so ignorant to speak for others. I personally would not welcome him. However do I have the right to make that decision for all of the others? I dont think so.
I would just stay home. Or I would go but leave as soon as he started speaking. If he just kept quiet and paid his respects, thats one thing. but he wont.

I cant speak for the rest of the people in my neighborhood, but I for one would not welcome obama if it were my child. Wouldnt want him anywhere around. Nothing he could say would have any sincerity or value.
Im pretty sure the majority around here would feel the same, however like I said, I cant and wont speak for them.
The references to this article that I find are all one guy saying it for everyone. But I have not found any article that specifically has that opinion from all of those in question.

It is really a mixed bag. You want the world to stop and recognize your loss because the pain is so overwhelming. What happened in Seattle with the Ride the Duck seem so minimal. No President, no press, it seems to minimize the death of those just 10 days ago. Is their life any better or less?
Thats why I would not be so ignorant to speak for others. I personally would not welcome him. However do I have the right to make that decision for all of the others? I dont think so.
I would just stay home. Or I would go but leave as soon as he started speaking. If he just kept quiet and paid his respects, thats one thing. but he wont.

Tough call, some want everyone to know their pain. Some are politically oriented. Others would see it as a photo for a President.
I myself would meet with any President privately and shun the publicity. I'm not sure that the President or his aids would allow it.

Agreed. If he makes a speech without one hint of politics or agenda, I'll say he did the right thing. But let's face it, this is the most party-first, country-second President we've ever had in our lifetime. In the past, Democrats have turned funerals into political rallies. These are people that have absolutely no integrity, and this is what that town is expecting. So am I.

Agreed. If he makes a speech without one hint of politics or agenda, I'll say he did the right thing. But let's face it, this is the most party-first, country-second President we've ever had in our lifetime. In the past, Democrats have turned funerals into political rallies. These are people that have absolutely no integrity, and this is what that town is expecting. So am I.
maybe he will surprise us and act with dignity for once.

maybe he will surprise us and act with dignity for once.

Yep, that would be one in a row. LOL!

His track record shows what he's all about. go look at his ugly speech at the last funeral he intruded himself in. and again this is NOT HIS PLACE . they have a Governor who speaks for them. If he's not wanted he needs to stay the hell away. he can go play golf

gawd you people are as ugly as that dear leader you worship and make excuses for daily

Koshergirl should have revealed that her source was a deeply conservative newspaper that opposes everything Obama does (for what I believe to be sincere reasons). However, there are hard working democrats in Roseburg who want Obama to visit, therefore, it's a distortion for a conservative paper to claim it represents the feelings of all Roseburg. Why not be honest and admit that the paper represents the feelings of conservatives in Roseburg?

Your side claims to be better than the Left precisely because it doesn't use these kinds of Leninist tactics. Lenin believed that the strategic distortion of information was necessary to fight evil. He believed that the most efficient way to fight a political opponent was to create an atmosphere where the underlings in the movement didn't realize that they were lying. This was achieved by making people realize that politics is not about describing the world accurately but changing it by saying things that help your side achieve and maintain power. So let me ask: would you lie or make little harmless distortions in order to save your country?

Last edited:

Or.....he believes there is more we can do to prevent such gun violence. And that taking steps to prevent such mass shootings is putting the country first.

Correct, the families should speak for themselves. When have they said they wanted to see this joker in their town?

According to you a family member should be denied the opportunity to say exactly that to his face if that's the way they feel. Why do you want to stifle these people and not allow them to speak for themselves?

I hope they do speak for themselves. I hope this is the most embarrassing moment of your Presidents career. I hope it goes down in history and remembered forever.

:lol:

Of course that's what you "hope" for.

Yep, that's exactly it.

Or.....he believes there is more we can do to prevent such gun violence. And that taking steps to prevent such mass shootings is putting the country first.

No, that would be putting his political agenda first. Liberals like you are incapable of seeing that.

That's fine but his agenda doesn't mean anything to those that already lost a child. This is not the time. IMHO.

gawd you people are as ugly as that dear leader you worship and make excuses for daily

Koshergirl should have revealed that her source was a deeply conservative newspaper that opposes everything Obama does (for what I believe to be sincere reasons). However, there are hard working democrats in Roseburg who want Obama to visit, therefore, it's a distortion for a conservative paper to claim it represents the feelings of all Roseburg. Why not be honest and admit that the paper represents the feelings of conservatives in Roseburg?

Your side claims to be better than the Left precisely because it doesn't use these kinds of Leninist tactics. Lenin believed that the strategic distortion of information was necessary to fight evil. He believed that the most efficient way to fight a political opponent was to create an atmosphere where the underlings in the movement didn't realize that they were lying. So let me ask: would you lie or make little harmless distortions in order to save your country?

lame, it's more than one source from what I'm hearing. they even spoke about it on some Television talk show tonight. You people can't put partisan politics aside for a funeral. who care if it was conservative, democrat, liberal, republican paper or whatever.

I've said my piece on it. I don't believe it's his place, it's never been his place starting with his antics with his professor buddy, Gates and the remark of how the police acted Stupidly. and of course it just got worse with his intrusion about the Zimmerman case, the Brown, the shootings at the church and on and on and on. If he's INVITED then fine. IF NOT he needs to stay the hell away. that's it nothing more. Personally I can't stand the man and would NOT want him to sully my child's funeral. but it's up to those parents and the town. not Obama

David Jaques, the publisher of the conservative newspaper the Roseburg Beacon, says he believes that President Obama would not be welcome to the town after making remarks politicizing the shooting that left nine dead and nine injured at Umpqua Community College on October 1. Jaques told Breitbart News that he believes officials of Douglas County would also not welcome the President using the tragedy to score political points for a gun control agenda.

So a Conservative says the President is not welcome to a site of a tragedy...

So this just proves there is a conservative in the world who is an asshole.
He's not the only one, trust me.

They don't want the stupid pig there.
You speak for the entire town now, do you?

That's fine but his agenda doesn't mean anything to those that already lost a child. This is not the time. IMHO.

Its the perfect time to take actions to prevent another attack. 'Never again' is a perfectly acceptable sentiment at a memorial or after a tragedy.

Forum List

Back