Oregon regrets decriminalizing street drugs

The last time I was in Portland, just after I parked my car, some lurching, stumbling zombie came around the corner and proceeded to vomit in the middle of the street only a few feet from my car.

Thanks, Tina Kotek!!

IMVHO only one street drug is physically addictive. (*Heroin). The rest are simply a choice in an attempt to escape reality, to dull lifes pains or even to enhance an experience.

Many homeless probably just give up and don't care to live or die. Sleep one night on cement in the elements w/o bathroom or water. With crooks and killers roaming around. It must start out as a real shocking lifestyle change. No shower for a few days. Go #2 on the Train tracks then get back to me.

Last edited:
That druggies were crazy before becoming users/addicts?

I think the drugs came first followed by the screwball behavior

And yes, thats just my opinion
And it's wrong.

Mental illness often exists before addiction

Not all addicts are mentally ill or become mentally ill

You need to actually learn about addiction so you don't sound like such a fucking idiot.

And it's wrong.

Mental illness often exists before addiction

Not all addicts are mentally ill or become mentally ill

You need to actually learn about addiction so you don't sound like such a fucking idiot.
Am I supposed to care if a drug addict was already mentally unhinged BEFORE being addicted?

They are still a blight on society either way

Am I supposed to care if a drug addict was already mentally unhinged BEFORE being addicted?

They are still a blight on society either way

We know you don't give a shit about people I hope if you are ever in need you get the same level of compassion you extend to others.

We know you don't give a shit about people I hope if you are ever in need you get the same level of compassion you extend to others.
You want America to turn itself inside out and pander to losers who got themselves hooked on drugs

I think anyone using drugs and living on the street should get their drug treatment from inside confinement where they cant hurt others

You want America to turn itself inside out and pander to losers who got themselves hooked on drugs

I think anyone using drugs and living on the street should get their drug treatment from inside confinement where they cant hurt others
No I don't.

And most drug users never hurt anyone but themselves.

No I don't.

And most drug users never hurt anyone but themselves.
Nevermind what drug addicts steal from strangers

You dont think they hurt others when they steal from their own family to buy drugs?

Druggies hurt themselves and everyone they come in contact with

Nevermind what drug addicts steal from strangers

You dont think they hurt others when they steal from their own family to buy drugs?

Druggies hurt themselves and everyone they come in contact with
Not all drug addicts steal either.

But hey your strategy just say no and the so called war on drugs has done absolutely nothing to reduce drug use but the war on drugs has certainly cost hundreds of billions of dollars for that great result of nothing whereas a fraction of that amount put towards medical interventions and support would have done a lot more

Not all drug addicts steal either.

But hey your strategy just say no and the so called war on drugs has done absolutely nothing to reduce drug use but the war on drugs has certainly cost hundreds of billions of dollars for that great result of nothing whereas a fraction of that amount put towards medical interventions and support would have done a lot more
Libs are the ones who ignore drug use as you seek to legalize it

Instead of looking the other way, drug users should be punished and forced to go to rehab for even minor procession

And the younger the better

Libs are the ones who ignore drug use as you seek to legalize it

Instead of looking the other way, drug users should be punished and forced to go to rehab for even minor procession

And the younger the better
yeah because all that punishment for the last 50 years or so has done so much to reduce drug use right?

Clogging up the courts, pulling cops away from actual serious crimes and all the costs involved in that have done NOTHING to reduce drug use but you want to keep doing it.

That is the very definition of insanity

yeah because all that punishment for the last 50 years or so has done so much to reduce drug use right?

Clogging up the courts, pulling cops away from actual serious crimes and all the costs involved in that have done NOTHING to reduce drug use but you want to keep doing it.

That is the very definition of insanity
Drug use is a serious crime that leads to other crimes

I dont mind if you want to try rehabbing them during their time in lockup or community service

But society must not ignore what the drug users are doing and hope it will go away

Drug use is a serious crime that leads to other crimes

I dont mind if you want to try rehabbing them during their time in lockup or community service

But society must not ignore what the drug users are doing and hope it will go away

it really isn;t that serious and FYI using a drug is not a crime. No one goes to jail for testing positive for drugs

And in what post did i ever say "ignore" drug use?

I bet you know what I am going to ask you next right?

Quote the post where I said that.

I am actually offering a pragmatic way to address the issue while you are sticking to your guns with what is proven not to work.

No one goes to jail for testing positive for drugs
Thanks to liberal pandering of drug users

Mere procession of a prohibited drug, first time offense should be a fine equal to speeding in a school zone

After that more serious consequences should apply

Thanks to liberal pandering of drug users

Mere procession of a prohibited drug, first time offense should be a fine equal to speeding in a school zone

After that more serious consequences should apply
So you're sticking tried and true shit that hasn't worked to reduce drug use tell you what you let me know when you want to stop being insane and try something that might actually work

Forum List

Back