Oregon regrets decriminalizing street drugs

So you're sticking tried and true shit that hasn't worked to reduce drug use tell you what you let me know when you want to stop being insane and try something that might actually work
It was never really tried

The hippy generation was over indulged and spoiled

So they were allowed to get away with drug use

It was never really tried

The hippy generation was over indulged and spoiled

So they were allowed to get away with drug use
Bullshit we have more people serving time for simple drug possession than we do for all violent crimes combined.
We have spent hundreds of billions and wasted the lives of countless law enforcement officers both federal and state fighting a "war on drugs" that has utterly failed

And you want more of the same thinking it will work. Like I said INSANE.

Bullshit we have more people serving time for simple drug possession than we do for all violent crimes combined.
We have spent hundreds of billions and wasted the lives of countless law enforcement officers both federal and state fighting a "war on drugs" that has utterly failed

And you want more of the same thinking it will work. Like I said INSANE.
Having a joint is not going to land anyone in prison

But it should cause them to pay a fine and spend time on a weekend work detail

Having a joint is not going to land anyone in prison

But it should cause them to pay a fine and spend time on a weekend work detail
We have more people in jail for simple drug possession than we do for violent crimes

The old way hasn't worked and it will continue to not work.

The first step is decriminalizing marijuana especially since it is far less dangerous and addictive than alcohol.

The next step is to implement a policy that treats addiction as the medical issue it is instead of a crime. This will save billions of dollars every year in prison costs, policing costs and court costs which will be more than enough to fund these new programs.

We have more people in jail for simple drug possession than we do for violent crimes

The old way hasn't worked and it will continue to not work.

The first step is decriminalizing marijuana especially since it is far less dangerous and addictive than alcohol.

The next step is to implement a policy that treats addiction as the medical issue it is instead of a crime. This will save billions of dollars every year in prison costs, policing costs and court costs which will be more than enough to fund these new programs.
I have told you how the law should work

It seems that society went from overreacting to pot to completely ignoring the problem

Pot use should not be tolerated

though I agree that hard time in prison is not appropriate for first time offenders

Or anyone who is not a dealer

But there must be consequences

It seems that society went from overreacting to pot to completely ignoring the problem

though I agree that hard time in prison is not appropriate for first time offenders

Then alcohol use should not be tolerated since it is a far more dangerous drug

And in the more enlightened states marijuana is legalized it's only a matter of time before the rest of you Neanderthals see the light.

Then alcohol use should not be tolerated since it is a far more dangerous drug

And in the more enlightened states marijuana is legalized it's only a matter of time before the rest of you Neanderthals see the light.
Alcohol abuse does not lead to heroin junkies or fentanyl od’s

the so called war on drugs has done absolutely nothing to reduce drug use but the war on drugs has certainly cost hundreds of billions of dollars for that great result of nothing whereas a fraction of that amount put towards medical interventions and support would have done a lot more
Singe Sinaloa

War means killing. Wars without killing are an intentional waste, mandated by a ruling class that doesn't care at all and cares least about winning any war.

Like Dirty Harry Duterte in the Philippines, kill off both users and dealers. Cross crime-enabling international borders to bomb the towns where the drug cartels have their headquarters.

So we must control everyone and what they do.

Some people learn to control their addictions. Most don't want to. Addicts and users view any attempt to end drug use as a personal punishment. It is an infringement on their constitutional rights. No amount of treatment as a medical issue is going to change the Addict's mind that they are freedom fighters. Each use is coming straight from their inner William Wallace.
You don't realize that a true addict doesn't like the fact that he/she's an addict and has lost control of their vice? For many of them, it's not even fun anymore, it's survival.

I think you need to get out more and meet some real people.

Alcohol abuse does not lead to heroin junkies or fentanyl od’s
Alcohol actually kills more people than fentanyl

No one has ever died from using pot and you still want to ban it IOW you're a hypocrite

Forum List

Back