"Opt Out" Scam Debunked

You can send your kids to the private school all you want, but you don't get to opt out of the taxes to pay for everyone who opts into the gubmint schools.
I will note one difference - Public schools are paid for locally, by property taxes, so you can limit your tax burden by having a smaller less valuable home. Particularly if you have no children. The "Public Option" tax would be national and would hit everyone, particularly the poor. Look at Social Security and Medicare - they are regressive taxes, because once your income soars you don't keep paying, it caps out.

Grubby Harry Reid's "opt out" provision works the same way you can "opt out" of sending your kids to gubmint schools.

You can send your kids to the private school all you want, but you don't get to opt out of the taxes to pay for everyone who opts into the gubmint schools.

How many states will fall for that?

And people wonder why I dont like a 1500 page clusterfuck.

They try to hide this crap in the giant bill....kudos for shining the light dude

Well the Post Office is supposed to survive on its profits too, but that doesn't seem to work out in the real world.

That has to do with the whole "required by law to run unprofitable routes at the same price" thing.

No. It has to do with the whole "must pay union wages and benefits" thing. Same thing has done wonders for the US auto industry.

Well the Post Office is supposed to survive on its profits too, but that doesn't seem to work out in the real world.

That has to do with the whole "required by law to run unprofitable routes at the same price" thing.

Yet the same held for monopolies such at AT&T, ComEd, etc., when grids were being laid...

Grids which were subsidized. Also, they're allowed to charge different rates for different areas.

Yet the same held for monopolies such at AT&T, ComEd, etc., when grids were being laid...

Grids which were subsidized. Also, they're allowed to charge different rates for different areas.

They were not subsidized anywhere close to costs, with exception of TVA. Rates, only to a degree, though the populated areas were subsidizing, not the government.

Grubby Harry Reid's "opt out" provision works the same way you can "opt out" of sending your kids to gubmint schools.

They try to hide this crap in the giant bill....kudos for shining the light dude
:rolleyes:

He's basing his "facts" on a blog that misrepresented what Reid said.

:rolleyes:

He's basing his "facts" on a blog that misrepresented what Reid said.

I was basing my post on the fact that reid hasn't provided any real specifics to his "opt out plan"

Would those states and their citizens still be subject to federal tax increases for the other states universal healthcare/public option plans? Would those states still be able to receive and distribute the funds they would have been allocated to provide government health insurance?

he is shining a light. These questions may be answered in the 1500 page clusterfuck but I haven't found any answers yet. So again kudos to Dude for shining a light on this topic.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28791.html

Last edited:
Which taxes will the states have to pay? If the public option is funded through premiums from those who are in it, how does opting out raise state taxes?

Which taxes will the states have to pay? If the public option is funded through premiums from those who are in it, how does opting out raise state taxes?

You are not stupid, so you are twisting. Lieberman made it clear and up to this point, he's being truthful:

Lieberman: A Public Option Would Need A Taxpayer 'Bailout' | TPM LiveWire

Lieberman said:
Once you set a national government insurance company up, no matter what you say at the beginning, if it hits hard times, they're gonna come to the Congress to bail them out. And who's going to pay for that bailout? The taxpayers.

The public option will be subsidized for those making 400% of the poverty level or lower.

That is how it increases the tax burden on all of us.

I will get you a youtube video and links at some point, i posted them in another thread in response to care4all. I just forget where and didn't save the link or video on my laptop.

No. It has to do with the whole "must pay union wages and benefits" thing. Same thing has done wonders for the US auto industry.
BULL FUCKING SHIT.....if you worked in the PO just 6 months you would see the problem in no time....and the workers salaries and Benefits are not the problem....the Extremely bloated middle management who waste money and are accountable for the money they blow....and hinder the people who actually work in the dam place....the PMG does not answer to a board of directors who may ask him why did you do this and that which wasted millions......Union wages and benefits my ass....

Apparently, there are still a lot of people out there, that believe, if they are under a certain income level, they are going to get healthcare free. It ain't gonna happen. If you are a taxpayer, you are going to pay for healthcare no matter who runs it and don't forget, it will be mandated.

Next year they may amend to force people with unhealthy life styles, alcoholics, drug users, smokers, couch potatoes, to pay more tax. Do you really want elected officials to have that kind of control over our lives.

You are not stupid, so you are twisting. Lieberman made it clear and up to this point, he's being truthful:

Lieberman: A Public Option Would Need A Taxpayer 'Bailout' | TPM LiveWire

Lieberman said:
Once you set a national government insurance company up, no matter what you say at the beginning, if it hits hard times, they're gonna come to the Congress to bail them out. And who's going to pay for that bailout? The taxpayers.

ummmm, Connecticut is the Insurance Capital of the WORLD....do you think ANY of this, has anything at all to do with Lieberman's position ??? ;)

The public option will be subsidized for those making 400% of the poverty level or lower.

That is how it increases the tax burden on all of us.

I will get you a youtube video and links at some point, i posted them in another thread in response to care4all. I just forget where and didn't save the link or video on my laptop.

Gosh.

The people qualifying for those "Affordability Credits" will still get funded through "affordability credits" WITHOUT THE PUBLIC OPTION....

The public option has NOTHING to do with "Affordability credits" for those making 300% of poverty...those "affordability credits" will pay for MORE EXPENSIVE Private Insurance only, if you do not have the Public Option for them to buy with their affordability credits....

so what YOU are recommending is that all of us get TAXED to pay for these affordability credits that will ONLY BE USED to line the Insurance Industry's pockets with GOLD....

you are forcing me to pay taxes for these poor people's PRIVATE, EXPENSIVE, insurance, instead of giving them the option to buy in to a public, more affordable if all goes well, plan.

BIG MISTAKE....a gifthorse to the PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANIES WITH MY TAXES.

you got it all wrong....ALL OF YOU have it all wrong....you simply do not understand what is going on here.... :(

Care

Forum List

Back