Opt Out of Obamacare with Health Shares (3 companies referred to me)

Christ on a cracker, Emily, there's no insurance plan in North America called Obamacare, so opting out is not an issue.

If you're talking about the ACA, then it too is not a single plan. It is instead an Act of Congress that forces health insurance companies to actually insure their customers.

Why would anyone not want their insurance company to insure them????
I think my insurance that I pay for should insure me, but I dont think any of the payment should go to buy insurance for someone too lazy to provide for themselves.

SSDD.

You should look into health savings accounts.
Why, what I had/have was working fine until the negrocare started raising the rates to pay for the democrats lazy pets

"Lazy" is a punctuation-challenged bigot. In order to prove the descriptor inaccurate, you'll now produce the political demographics of everyone who signed up for health insurance via the marketplace sites.

Or just parrot a few more RW talking points.

Christ on a cracker, Emily, there's no insurance plan in North America called Obamacare, so opting out is not an issue.

If you're talking about the ACA, then it too is not a single plan. It is instead an Act of Congress that forces health insurance companies to actually insure their customers.

I think my insurance that I pay for should insure me, but I dont think any of the payment should go to buy insurance for someone too lazy to provide for themselves.

SSDD.

Why, what I had/have was working fine until the negrocare started raising the rates to pay for the democrats lazy pets

"Lazy" is a punctuation-challenged bigot. In order to prove the descriptor inaccurate, you'll now produce the political demographics of everyone who signed up for health insurance via the marketplace sites.

Im sure we could just start with your name and go from there.

SSDD.

Dear Arianrhod and Maryland Patriot
You don't have to blame the masses for being lazy,
you can look at the prison system that prevents people from working
or the welfare system that rewards people with child support the more children they have they can't pay for.
It's clearly backwards.

If we went after the cost to taxpayers of crimes and abuses in the existing prison system
and held people accountable for paying back costs,
don't you think health care would be paid for already.

What's "LAZY" is politicians in Washington going after working taxpayers
just because it is more convenient to take penalties out of tax returns for those working for a living,
than it is to fix the criminal justice system "state by state" (ie no way to pull a federal power play from DC to control from the top)
and stop the waste of taxpayer resources by people who actually committed crimes and cost the public millions if not billions per year.

Easier to charge the money to working taxpayers than it is to solve the actual problems wasting our taxes
that could easily pay for education, housing and health care instead of paying for prisons where people can't get jobs and work to support themselves.

Getting back to the OP, Emily, I would strongly recommend that you find out whether your doctors/clinics accept the insurers you've mentioned before you commit to any of them. Your goal should be to assure your own care above all else. ;)

Getting back to the OP, Emily, I would strongly recommend that you find out whether your doctors/clinics accept the insurers you've mentioned before you commit to any of them. Your goal should be to assure your own care above all else. ;)

I strongly recommend you don't tell your doctor who your insurers are. It's none of their business.

I strongly recommend you don't tell your doctor who your insurers are. It's none of their business.

That's ridiculous.

That's ridiculous.

Is it? When I was a kid, doctor's didn't even wanna deal with your insurance company. They gave patients their bill, and patients filled out claim forms to be reimbursed from their insurance company. The doctor didn't know, nor care, who your insurance company was. They just wanted their bill paid.

Things started going to shit shortly after we started letting doctors collude directly with the insurance companies.

That's ridiculous.

Is it? When I was a kid, doctor's didn't even wanna deal with your insurance company. They gave patients their bill, and patients filled out claim forms to be reimbursed from their insurance company. The doctor didn't know, nor care, who your insurance company was. They just wanted their bill paid.

Things started going to shit shortly after we started letting doctors collude directly with the insurance companies.
I agree with you, however today many people dont have the money to pay up front and then wait for the insurance to reimburse them.

That's ridiculous.

Doctors still don't ask you who your insurer is. They leave that to the billing department. And they charge more because they have to pay the salaries of the people in the billing department. It's a cycle.

That's ridiculous.

Doctors still don't ask you who your insurer is. They leave that to the billing department. And they charge more because they have to pay the salaries of the people in the billing department. It's a cycle.

Thank for sharing.

Yes, this is truly ridiculous.

All medical providers will inquire as to how you intend to pay for treatment, and document your health insurance so they can be paid.

All medical providers will inquire as to how you intend to pay for treatment, and document your health insurance so they can be paid.

It really isn't ridiculous at all. Simply tell them you'll pay for it yourself and turn in claims to your insurance company - the way it was done for most of the last century. Taking the customers out of this loop was the first step in killing normal market dynamics in health care.

The fact that so many hapless consumers see this as 'ridiculous' is telling.

It really isn't ridiculous at all. Simply tell them you'll pay for it yourself and turn in claims to your insurance company - the way it was done for most of the last century. Taking the customers out of this loop was the first step in killing normal market dynamics in health care.

The fact that so many who've been coddled by employers or their parents have no idea of the real costs of treatment is even more telling.

"The bill for that broken arm, Mr. black? That'll be $2,500.00 Which credit card would you like to be beholden to to pay for that? Please don't cry. You're lucky it was a simple fracture and didn't require surgery. That would have been an additional $16,000.00. Now, do you want a script for Percocet or do you intend to go home and tough it out?"

The fact that so many who've been coddled by employers or their parents have no idea of the real costs of treatment is even more telling.

It's the same problem. We fell for a con based on false promises and now we're so invested in our delusion we think we can use government to make it come true.

It's the same problem. We fell for a con based on false promises and now we're so invested in our delusion we think we can use government to make it come true.

So in this thread you want to ditch insurers altogether and opt for some sort of pay-as-you-go scheme, but in the other forum you're comparing single-payer to buying street drugs.

When you make up your mind I'll start taking your posts seriously. In the interim, natter on, baby.

So in this thread you want to ditch insurers altogether and opt for some sort of pay-as-you-go scheme, but in the other forum you're comparing single-payer to buying street drugs.

When you make up your mind I'll start taking your posts seriously. In the interim, natter on, baby.

I long ago gave up on your ability to comprehend my posts, much less take them seriously.

I long ago gave up on your ability to comprehend my posts, much less take them seriously.

If I want waffles, I'll have them for breakfast.

After considering the 199 plan under liberty health shares, I decided to go with least cost I found
which was the $45.00 / month under Christian Health Care Ministries.

Because this whole ACA mandate and fine/penalty system, that doesn't treat all choices equally,
violates my Constitutionally beliefs,
I could not by conscience register with the exchange, including not applying for exemptions under that system,
nor could I afford either a regular health care insurance plan or the closest equivalent under these health share memberships.

The cheapest I could find to get by is 45.00 a month x 10 or 11 months.
I don't believe in paying a fine for not choosing
from these very limited options approved under ACA.

But I picked the cheapest way that counts toward being exempted
to avoid having to fight paying a fine which would cost more to fight over.

I don't have time or money to contest this infringement,
but 45 a month is the minimal imposition I could find
that doesn't require me to register for things I don't believe federal govt has the authority to mandate
for individual citizens under threat of penalty.

After considering the 199 plan under liberty health shares, I decided to go with least cost I found

Because this whole ACA mandate and fine/penalty system, that doesn't treat all choices equally,
I could not by conscience register with the exchange, including not applying for exemptions under that system,
nor could I afford either a regular health care insurance plan or the closest equivalent under these health share memberships.

that doesn't require me to register for things I don't believe federal govt has the authority to mandate

According to the apologists, you don't actually have to pay the fine. If you keep your deductions such that you aren't due a refund, there's supposedly nothing the IRS can do about it. Of course, no one really believes that - and you'll have to constantly be looking over your shoulder, so it's more or less making a criminal out of you one way or another. It does make me angry though, whenever I think about. Democracy wasn't meant to fuck people over like this.

According to the apologists, you don't actually have to pay the fine. If you keep your deductions such that you aren't due a refund, there's supposedly nothing the IRS can do about it. Of course, no one really believes that - and you'll have to constantly be looking over your shoulder, so it's more or less making a criminal out of you one way or another. It does make me angry though, whenever I think about. Democracy wasn't meant to fuck people over like this.

I need my refund to pay for all the other damages done by Democrat leaders to the historic district I am trying to save. I am already paying 300 a month for the van used by our Democratic Precinct chair who volunteers helping the youth and the elderly, using that as the transportation. He was supposed to pay every other month, but I ended up paying the whole thing for about 3 years now. If I could get paid back, maybe I could afford even MORE nonsense the Democratic leaders think I can afford coming out of my paycheck! I'm already 60,000 in debt from bailing out nonprofit groups struggling to defend and keep their communities alive and intact, while Democrat officials undercut those efforts to hand the land over to corporate interests they owe political favors to.
I can't pay all this in addition to the minimum on my cards used to bail out these nonprofits from govt abuses and damages. As it is I have to work 2 jobs to cover the minimum, but I'm constantly behind and in debt. If I have to add a third job, that's like "involuntary servitude" forced labor without my consent to cover breach of contracts.

Forum List

Back