Christian sharing health care plan, shut down. Fraud.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I've heard these commercials for years. (not sure it's the same group or not but same plan). The first time I heard them I understood they were a scam. But there is a lot more to this story than just the simple scam.

First, these scams were set up and permitted under Obamacare.

After the landmark Affordable Care Act — commonly known as Obamacare — was passed, healthcare premiums increased for most Americans as insurers were required to cover certain preventative care and not discriminate against pre-existing conditions.

The law, though, contained a carve-out for health-care sharing ministries, which were explicitly exempt from ACA requirements, allowing them to offer monthly dues lower than typical insurance premiums, especially for people who accept less coverage and more personal risk.

We can note, the issue with Obamacare to start with. It did NOTHING to address costs and it caused costs to rise. But my real question here, what went on behind the scenes to allow this carve out to start with? Now the fines are gone but this was all set up so you could sign up to a bogus plan and avoid the fines. Something there is as fishy as the plans are to me.

Second, the big issue with all of this.

Gore and his wife have been uninsured for years. He said they can’t afford traditional health insurance and their experience with MCS spooked them from joining other healthcare sharing ministries.

The person turned to this because he could not afford traditional insurance. At least he learned his lesson BUT he is still not covered as he can not afford Obamacare.

We can send billions all over the world but we still refuse to address the health care mess of this country.

Feds shut down Missouri Christian nonprofit that was supposed to cover medical bills

I've heard these commercials for years. (not sure it's the same group or not but same plan). The first time I heard them I understood they were a scam. But there is a lot more to this story than just the simple scam.

One could take this as a general statement about most of the health insurance industry. ACA is a feeding trough.

After the landmark Affordable Care Act — commonly known as Obamacare — was passed, healthcare premiums increased for most Americans as insurers were required to cover certain preventative care and not discriminate against pre-existing conditions.

The law, though, contained a carve-out for health-care sharing ministries, which were explicitly exempt from ACA requirements, allowing them to offer monthly dues lower than typical insurance premiums, especially for people who accept less coverage and more personal risk.

We can note, the issue with Obamacare to start with. It did NOTHING to address costs and it caused costs to rise. But my real question here, what went on behind the scenes to allow this carve out to start with? Now the fines are gone but this was all set up so you could sign up to a bogus plan and avoid the fines. Something there is as fishy as the plans are to me.

Second, the big issue with all of this.

Gore and his wife have been uninsured for years. He said they can’t afford traditional health insurance and their experience with MCS spooked them from joining other healthcare sharing ministries.

The person turned to this because he could not afford traditional insurance. At least he learned his lesson BUT he is still not covered as he can not afford Obamacare.

We can send billions all over the world but we still refuse to address the health care mess of this country.

Feds shut down Missouri Christian nonprofit that was supposed to cover medical bills

That's too bad. It's a legit way around insurance that's out of control.

You can thank the late John McCain and the Democrats for this.

Like it was pointed out, this kind of fraud was permitted under the Obamacare Atrocity- the ACA.

The Senate refused- strictly out of spite- to approve Trumpcare which would have avoided this kind of Atrocity by providing tremendous health care at savings you would have to see to believe.

You can thank the late John McCain and the Democrats for this.

Like it was pointed out, this kind of fraud was permitted under the Obamacare Atrocity- the ACA.

The Senate refused- strictly out of spite- to approve Trumpcare which would have avoided this kind of Atrocity by providing tremendous health care at savings you would have to see to believe.

There was no such thing as Trumpcare. It never existed.

Liar.

There was/is no Trumpcare. That was the problem, there was never anything put forth to replace the ACA if it were repealed, which it needs to be.

This one is definitely different from the others running around.

I know people who have signed up and gotten benefits from these plans. But these plans are absolutely full of sick people. The premiums are always higher and they are always asking for more money for someone else.

The best way to go for "sick" people who need a lot of care is Medical Savings Accounts (MSA). These are cash based systems with a major medical health insurance policy attached. IOW the deductible is in the tens of thousands of dollars. Everything with these is tax deductible. The cash is yours for medical expenses of your determination (cayman Island vacations and sports cars are not covered but handicap accessories to a normal vehicle are)

These accounts can grow tax free too....so if you invest the money in mutual funds or bonds...they can grow rather large. It's your money to pay the doc for sniffles or blood pressure medical or insulin. And you can join groups (of your choosing) to negotiate better pricing for routine maintenance care and checkups.

This one is definitely different from the others running around.

I know people who have signed up and gotten benefits from these plans. But these plans are absolutely full of sick people. The premiums are always higher and they are always asking for more money for someone else.

The best way to go for "sick" people who need a lot of care is Medical Savings Accounts (MSA). These are cash based systems with a major medical health insurance policy attached. IOW the deductible is in the tens of thousands of dollars. Everything with these is tax deductible. The cash is yours for medical expenses of your determination (cayman Island vacations and sports cars are not covered but handicap accessories to a normal vehicle are)

These accounts can grow tax free too....so if you invest the money in mutual funds or bonds...they can grow rather large. It's your money to pay the doc for sniffles or blood pressure medical or insulin. And you can join groups (of your choosing) to negotiate better pricing for routine maintenance care and checkups.

The best plan is for sick people to say screw it and not pay the bills creating a situation that health care providers are going to demand be addressed and then do the right thing. UHC.

Forum List

Back