Oops: CBO Says GOP Health Care ‘Alternative’ Leaves 52 Million Uninsured By 2019

Oops: CBO Says GOP Health Care ‘Alternative’ Leaves 52 Million Uninsured By 2019

Unless they "die quickly". That would tidey things up nicely.

When you consider the uninsured that could afford it and the illegals, we are left with a very workable number.

its like saying if me and my buddy have a competition on who can raise the most money with a fundrasier and he goes out door to door and asks each person if they would like to purchase his product. but i go out and tell each person at gun point that they have to buy my product, who gets more products sold?

then i turn and brag about how much more products i sold. that seems fair.

I would guess the new Democratic plan will leave those people and more uninsured as it bankrupts the country more. I can see it now: CBO says Democrat plan to leave ALL Americans without coverage by 2015. After forcing private insurers out of business by 2014, the government plan will fall apart from its own weight and destroy the health care industry by early 2015.

The CBO also said that the bill was deficit-neutral (whereas the Dems bill is unsustainable). Maybe we're coming to understand that you really can't cover everyone under universal health care...yes, even if you spend all the money in the world.

its like saying if me and my buddy have a competition on who can raise the most money with a fundrasier and he goes out door to door and asks each person if they would like to purchase his product. but i go out and tell each person at gun point that they have to buy my product, who gets more products sold?

of the unisinsured-

6.4 million are the medicare undercount. They mistakenly informed the census they do not have insurance.

4.5 million are eligible for current government insurance, but have not signed up.

9.3 million are non-citizens

10 million have incomes 3 x the poverty level

5 million are between the ages of 18 and 34 and have no kids.

of the unisinsured-

6.4 million are the medicare undercount. They mistakenly informed the census they do not have insurance.

4.5 million are eligible for current government insurance, but have not signed up.

nobody reads into the numbers thats my point. the talking point is 47 million. no one looks in to how that # breaks down because it would only expose them as fools. which they are.

any evidence that this has ever happened, and if it did, how frequently? WHich insurers denied her?

If you have a preexisting condition, you will not be issued a policy. You've been working on the assumption that a preexisting condition bars you from getting coverage for that condition. It doesn't. It prevents you from getting coverage at all.

And insurers are allowed to consider domestic violence is a preexisting condition is eight states and the District of Columbia.

Domestic violence as pre-existing condition? 8 states still allow it | McClatchy

you have presented not a single case of a woman denied coverage because of domestic violence.

If you had read the article, you'd have seen examples.

of the unisinsured-

nobody reads into the numbers thats my point. the talking point is 47 million. no one looks in to how that # breaks down because it would only expose them as fools. which they are.

the left will not look at the numbers honestly- because they have not been honest about their motivations.

perhaps your issue is not with denying pre-existing conditions- but with what insurers consider pre-existing conditions....

That's the whole point. Everything is considered a pre-existing condition for everything else.

Wow. Im surprised so many millions have insurance, what with your loony statement...

It's not a loony statement. It's why there are far more people without coverage than the number that purchase insurance in the individual market.

The CBO also said that the bill was deficit-neutral (whereas the Dems bill is unsustainable). Maybe we're coming to understand that you really can't cover everyone under universal health care...yes, even if you spend all the money in the world.

Actually, the CBO said the Democratic bill reduces the deficit in both the first and second decade.

If you have a preexisting condition, you will not be issued a policy. You've been working on the assumption that a preexisting condition bars you from getting coverage for that condition. It doesn't. It prevents you from getting coverage at all.

And insurers are allowed to consider domestic violence is a preexisting condition is eight states and the District of Columbia.

Domestic violence as pre-existing condition? 8 states still allow it | McClatchy

you have presented not a single case of a woman denied coverage because of domestic violence.

If you had read the article, you'd have seen examples.

apparently- you did not read the article- because it cited no example, beyond one lady saying she heard about this other lady....

That's the whole point. Everything is considered a pre-existing condition for everything else.

Wow. Im surprised so many millions have insurance, what with your loony statement...

It's not a loony statement. It's why there are far more people without coverage than the number that purchase insurance in the individual market.

yes it is a loony, hyper-exxageration so common place amongst lefties. Everything is considered a pre-existing condition for everything else.... what a crock of shit.

of the unisinsured-

the left will not look at the numbers honestly- because they have not been honest about their motivations.

exactly if they really cared about insuring people who couldnt get it, why wouldnt they just expand the meticade qualifications? what they are doing is essentially what people who mismanage their credit card debt. they dont want to own up to the delequent credit card (medicare/medicade) they just transfer the balance to a new card, and magically the problem just went away. sorry the problem never goes away. it just manifests into something bigger. how people cant see it that way is beyond me.

Im not suprised that you do not see it as loony, given that you think hearsay anecdotes qualify for examples.

exactly if they really cared about insuring people who couldnt get it, why wouldnt they just expand the meticade qualifications? what they are doing is essentially what people who mismanage their credit card debt. they dont want to own up to the delequent credit card (medicare/medicade) they just transfer the balance to a new card, and magically the problem just went away. sorry the problem never goes away. it just manifests into something bigger. how people cant see it that way is beyond me.

because it is human nature to gravitate towards handouts.

Please explain that...because it really doesn't make any sense

Actually, the CBO said the Democratic bill reduces the deficit in both the first and second decade.
The first decade is paid going forward, as we would be taxed immediately, and no benefits until 2013, and not up to speed until 2015. The second decade is too far out and according to the CBO, to be precise as to specific costs.

If I fail to get insurance, fail to save up for a medical emergency, and end up in an emergency room, how would you describe my decision-making process?

If you make $10 an hour, which is now becoming the norm for entry level jobs, how on EARTH can you afford to:

1. Get any insurance, including company offered.
2. Afford to save any money at all, especially for an emergency health fund.
3. Make any other decision other than to go to the ER if you are truly ill and can't afford to pay full price at a clinic.

My colleague in New Jersey is getting laid off at the end of November from job paying $40k a year. Every job that she has interviewed for is paying $10 or less because there is so much competition for jobs, desperate people are taking anything to have money coming in. That's less than HALF of what she used to make. Oh, and she was diagnosed with MS this past year, so she'll probably have a field day getting covered. Yeah, she's SO irresponsible. And where do you suppose these extra two and three part time jobs are, hmm? You are truly not living in the real world.

Health care is completely out of reach for all but the extremely wealthy. Private and company insurance is out of reach for the majorty of the people in this country seeing as the average income is 40K. It's one thing if you're single on that amount, but if you're supporting a family, forget about it. The insurance companies care about nothing but profit. We will have an alternative one way or another. Get used to it.

Last edited:
If I fail to get insurance, fail to save up for a medical emergency, and end up in an emergency room, how would you describe my decision-making process?

If you make $10 an hour, which is now bevoming the norm for entry level jobs, how on EARTH can you afford to:

1. Get any insurance, including company offered.
2. Afford to save any money at all, especially for an emergency health fund.
3. Make any other decision other than to go to the ER if you are truly ill and can't afford to pay full price at a clinic.

My colleague in New Jersey is getting laid off at the end of November from job paying $40k a year. Every job that she has interviewed for is paying $10 or less because there is so much competition for jobs, desperate people are taking anything to have money coming in. That's HALF of what she used to make. Oh, and she was diagnosed with MS this past year, so she'll probably have a field day getting covered. Yeah, she's SO irresponsible. And where do you suppose these extra two and three part time jobs are, hmm? You are truly not living in the real world.

Health care is completely out of reach for all but the extremely wealthy. Private and company insurance is out of reach for the majorty of the people in this country seeing as the average income is 40K. It's one thing if you're single on that amount, but if you're supporting a family, forget about it. The insurance companies care about nothing but profit. We will have an alternative one way or another. Get used to it.

Ever consider getting 2 $10 an hour jobs?? Ever consider advancing yourself you be qualified for jobs that pay more???

Luxury skybox tickets are out of reach for me too.. and I would want them really bad.. does that mean I am owed that too at someone else's expense??? How about wanting to sustain myself on the all black truffle die?? You supposed to provide that too???

Forum List

Back