Oops: CBO Says GOP Health Care ‘Alternative’ Leaves 52 Million Uninsured By 2019

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
http://cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc10705/hr3962amendmentBoehner.pdf

By 2019, CBO and JCT estimate, the number of nonelderly people without health insurance would be reduced by about 3 million relative to current law, leaving about 52 million nonelderly residents uninsured. The share of legal nonelderly residents with insurance coverage in 2019 would be about 83 percent, roughly in line with the current share. CBO and JCT estimate that enacting the amendment’s insurance coverage provisions would increase deficits by $8 billion over the 2010–2019 period.

House Republicans offer alternative healthcare proposal -- latimes.com

By comparison, the House Democratic bill would reduce the number of nonelderly Americans without coverage to around 18 million over the next decade.

» Republicans Preparing Alternative Health Care Reform Bill The Speakers Lobby « FOXNews.com

Boehner was thin on details about the Republican bill. But his spokesman Kevin Smith said indicated that the Republican effort "will cover millions more Americans" than the Democrats’ plan.

:rofl:

$laughing-1.gif

No wonder Republicans never truly released any sort of plan, it fucking sucks.

Then all they have to do is BUY IT THEM-FUCKING-SELVES

You have the choice to buy insurance or not.. as long as it is made available, it is upon you to do what it takes to purchase it for yourself if you want it... and that is what this and other options are about... not some fairytale leftist wish for healthcare provided to you by the government at the expense of someone else

You have the choice to buy insurance or not.. as long as it is made available, it is upon you to do what it takes to purchase it for yourself if you want it... and that is what this and other options are about... not some fairytale leftist wish for healthcare provided to you by the government at the expense of someone else

Adn just who do you think is paying for the uninsured's care now when they go to the local emergency room? The health insurance fairy?

52 milllion sounds better than the Democratic plan which will leave everyone without private coverage.

Women who are survivors of Domestic Abuse can be denied or lose their insurance for simply that fact. What's your solution then?

Besides, who do you think pays for the uninsured now when they go to the hospital? :eusa_eh:

Preexisting conditions are wrong. Republicans will not be changing that. All Republicans are doing with their plan is helping Big Business. Serving Big Business and not the American people. Health Bills was one of the number one reasons for bankruptcy in this country last year. Each year, more and more go broke because of the rising costs of Health Insurance among other things.

We need a solution. To sit there and do nothing would bring no good. I'm just curious by the way, you're a Christian against Gay Marriage correct?

Adn just who do you think is paying for the uninsured's care now when they go to the local emergency room? The health insurance fairy?

Ahhh... but if you choose not to go to the hospital that has handed out 'free care' to illegals or those who do not pay, then you don't have to.... and lest ye not forget that other things do cover those no-pays like donations, endowments, volunteer clinic time by doctors, etc.... and the hospital does indeed try and bill those who end up not paying.. and there are plenty of uninsured that do pay out of pocket

More to it than just that, yank

Women who are survivors of Domestic Abuse can be denied or lose their insurance for simply that fact. What's your solution then?

Besides, who do you think pays for the uninsured now when they go to the hospital? :eusa_eh:

Preexisting conditions are wrong. Republicans will not be changing that. All Republicans are doing with their plan is helping Big Business. Serving Big Business and not the American people. Health Bills was one of the number one reasons for bankruptcy in this country last year. Each year, more and more go broke because of the rising costs of Health Insurance among other things.

We need a solution. To sit there and do nothing would bring no good. I'm just curious by the way, you're a Christian against Gay Marriage correct?

So why does Obamacare have a six month waiting period for pre-existing conditions. Someone with cancer or a serious heart condition gets a death sentence.

Yes it's so terrible that it actually manages to reduce costs,reduce the deficit,not raise taxes,and doesn't fine or imprison American Citizens for not having Health Insurance. Yea it's just so terrible. Hey I'll still take it over Reid & Pelosi's disastrous Behemoths any day.

1) I think there should be laws against coverage refusal for pre-existing conditions.. but that the market should determine what the charges for each insurance policy should be based on risk, etc
2) You WANT improvement for your agenda.. you do not "NEED" a government 'solution'
3) Your finances and your well being are your personal issue.. whether it be your treatment, how you pay for it, whether you go bankrupt, whether you have to do without cable tv, whether you have to work 3 jobs to pay for something, or whatever else
4) Christianity is not about forced support... nice try... so if I wish to continue donating to the church or St. Jude's children's fund out of the goodness of my heart, that is up to me.. but not up to you to force me to do so
5) Being against gay marriage but for equality in civil unions for legal means such as inheritance, power of attorney, joint tax returns, etc has nothing to do in this discussion... but nice try

So why does Obamacare have a six month waiting period for pre-existing conditions. Someone with cancer or a serious heart condition gets a death sentence.

Again, you seem to think this is me supporting "Obamacare" it's not. I want true reform in whatever way it can occur. The GOP plan is definitely not that sort of reform.

This is the final letter result to John Boehner. You're a sad dumb troll. If you would like to have a discussion about that thread, respond there.
And the letter is a summary of the report, a report which came out weeks ago and you couldn't be bothered to read the report then, rather you parroted what someone in the press said. That's what you do; you parrot.

Yes it's so terrible that it actually manages to reduce costs,reduce the deficit,not raise taxes,and doesn't fine or imprison American Citizens for not having Health Insurance. Yea it's just so terrible. Hey I'll still take it over Reid & Pelosi's disastrous Behemoths any day.

But it doesn't decrease the deficit. It increases the deficit by $8 to $10 billion. And insures just 3 million more people.

I'm wondering ..... if you were actually HONEST about the bill, would you still favor it? Do you have to deceive yourself into thinking it reduces the deficit to be able to favor it or other proposals?

Last edited:
1) I think there should be laws against coverage refusal for pre-existing conditions.. but that the market should determine what the charges for each insurance policy should be based on risk, etc
2) You WANT improvement for your agenda.. you do not "NEED" a government 'solution'
3) Your finances and your well being are your personal issue.. whether it be your treatment, how you pay for it, whether you go bankrupt, whether you have to do without cable tv, whether you have to work 3 jobs to pay for something, or whatever else
4) Christianity is not about forced support... nice try... so if I wish to continue donating to the church or St. Jude's children's fund out of the goodness of my heart, that is up to me.. but not up to you to force me to do so
5) Being against gay marriage but for equality in civil unions for legal means such as inheritance, power of attorney, joint tax returns, etc has nothing to do in this discussion... but nice try

1.) You do realize that a pre-existing condition against a woman who was a victim of domestic abuse is just as bad as making her pay out the nose?

2.) I want improvement for this country. The GOP plan will not do anything.

3.) You seem to be in agreeing with Dubya that it's really American to have 3 jobs. Despite the fact even with 3 jobs you still can't afford health insurance.

4/5.) Christianity is not about forced support. However, whatever happened to being your brother's keeper. You seem to lap up the whole part about Gays in the Bible but not that part. Why is that?

By the way, what you're proposing is this:

Separate but equal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This new Republican Plan reduces costs,reduces the deficit,doesn't raise taxes,and most importantly doesn't fine or imprison American Citizens for not having Health Insurance. Hey it's not a perfect plan but it's much better than anything Pelosi & Reid have offered up.

And the letter is a summary of the report, a report which came out weeks ago and you couldn't be bothered to read the report then, rather you parroted what someone in the press said. That's what you do; you parrot.

I'm not parroting and you're trolling. So again, if you would like to discuss that thread, go to that thread.

This new Republican Plan reduces costs,reduces the deficit,doesn't raise taxes,and most importantly doesn't fine or imprison American Citizens for not having Health Insurance. Hey it's not a perfect plan but it's much better than anything Pelosi & Reid have offered up.

Except it does nothing to actually solve the health insurance crisis.

Forum List

Back