OOH Weeee!!!! It's HOT!

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Got to 115 today. Just now hit 100. MIGHT go down to 90 by midnight. Or not. I herded 5 strays into the house by luring their food time INSIDE. They ate, then hid under the couch where they are now, where its cool. I'll shoo them out later. Poor things.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?

I also hosed down UNDER the cars to cool off the pebble driveway, which is where they usually hang out. Watered the lawn too, cuz they like the cool grass. Now that they are all under the couch, gonna hose down the whole front porch area. Walls and all.
I HATE hot weather. HATE it.

When I was a kid we used to have football practice in 110-115 degree heat, after practice my head was throbbing so bad I couldn't bend over to untie my cleats. nhe coaches were from the 1920's and 1930's and they called it conditioning. Where we couldn't take off our helmets, sit down or have a drink of water.

Got to 115 today. Just now hit 100. MIGHT go down to 90 by midnight. Or not. I herded 5 strays into the house by luring their food time INSIDE. They ate, then hid under the couch where they are now, where its cool. I'll shoo them out later. Poor things.

When I was a kid we used to have football practice in 110-115 degree heat, after practice my head was throbbing so bad I couldn't bend over to untie my cleats. nhe coaches were from the 1920's and 1930's and they called it conditioning. Where we couldn't take off our helmets, sit down or have a drink of water.
Eat a salt tablet and walk it off

It's was in the mid 80's here today, it gets down into the low 60's at night. Supposed to warm up tomorrow.
Two days ago it was in the mid 70's and down in the 40's at night. Fall is starting to tease us.

93 degrees in Ft Worth, 9:45 CDT. was 105 at 4 PM.

Are you still in Paradise? I was born in Enloe hospital in Chico and still have cousins in your neck of the woods.

Eat a salt tablet and walk it off
You are forty five years to late.

93 degrees in Ft Worth, 9:45 CDT. was 105 at 4 PM.
It's pronounced Fart Worth I lived there in the early 1980's laying brick on big houses in Dallass.

You wonder if kids died back then and it just went unreported. You'd have to think so.

At least the sun is starting to set earlier each day. 7:11 this evening, 6:44 on Labor Day. That always helps and by mid-September I should be able to take the dog out for walks again.

1597585810532.png

Forum List

Back