Only Voters Can Hold Obama Accountable for Illegal Amnesty Policy

Yep, the only reason he did this now was for political reasons. Pretty disgusting using people as pawns.
This will energize the Latino vote, just as his other political moves did with Gays and women.
The Republican Party will need to be careful how they respond, but the voters know which side really wants full amnesty on a large scale and which side is against it.
Vote accordingly.

That's right. Voters do know which side is serious about immigration. Fortunately for Democrats, Latinos realize that the serious party is not the Republican party, and they will vote accordingly.

we're not talking about immigration stupid,, we're talking about illegal immigration. you won't find a Republican in the country who is against immigration if it is done under the law.

Good luck explaining that to Latino voters. Obama is up by 40-something points with Latinos. Then when you factor in women, blacks and gays....good luck in 2012 :thup:

Last edited:
It's actually evil genius. Imagine if Romney wins, and unilaterally decides not to enforce laws that are unpopular with the right.

Hey - if the Supreme Court upholds Obamacare, no biggie. Romney can just ignore it.

I think we should all just act like Obama and next time that light turns red ignore it. :D

Hey - if the Supreme Court upholds Obamacare, no biggie. Romney can just ignore it.

He's been campaigning on that assumption for months.

Romney intends on following the law. He'll use it to repeal that POS.

Over a year of inaction by government will be replaced with high speed action once Romney gets in office.

I've seen it before. That's how Reagan did it.

Last edited:
That's right. Voters do know which side is serious about immigration. Fortunately for Democrats, Latinos realize that the serious party is not the Republican party, and they will vote accordingly.

we're not talking about immigration stupid,, we're talking about illegal immigration. you won't find a Republican in the country who is against immigration if it is done under the law.

Good luck explaining that to Latino voters. Obama is up by 40-something points with Latinos. Then when you factor in women, blacks and gays....good luck in 2012 :thup:

so you're saying latinos are too damn stupid to distinquish between legal and illegal?

considering the strong family bond of host immigrants. They will vote to support each other before they vote to support gringos.

Romney proposes to void the law by executive order on Day One.

"If I am elected president, I will issue on my first day in office an executive order paving the way for waivers from ObamaCare for all 50 states."

-- Mitt Romney

Don't worry, I don't believe him either (he's tapped the lead Republican out there building health insurance exchanges to run his transition and potentially be his chief of staff, for pete's sake!). But that is, at least for now, what he says.

Romney proposes to void the law by executive order on Day One.

"If I am elected president, I will issue on my first day in office an executive order paving the way for waivers from ObamaCare for all 50 states."

-- Mitt Romney

Don't worry, I don't believe him either (he's tapped the lead Republican out there building health insurance exchanges to run his transition and potentially be his chief of staff, for pete's sake!). But that is, at least for now, what he says.

Romney will be doing the same thing Obama has done for over 1451 employers, insurance companies, health care providers, states, and unions as well as religious entities that have received waivers. Two can play that game.

That is not the same thing as repealing it by executive order.

Last edited:
Romney will be doing the same thing Obama has done

What Obama has done is follow the letter of the law, which provides for temporary (until 2014) relief from the annual benefit limit phaseout on insurance plans that can demonstrate premium/service disruptions in the interim.

He doesn't need to conjure executive orders to make it so because the law already directs HHS to do what it's done. Romney, on the other hand, will need to create new authority for himself in order to simply waiver the entire law on a whim.

But as I said, don't worry, I doubt he actually intends to do that.

Romnycare forced catholic churches to cover their employees with contraception and abortions that the state paid for.

I would caution the right on using this as a stick with which to beat Obama. I absolutely disagree with the way in which it was done, but I support finding pathways for the children of illegal immigrants to citizenship.

What I find particularly sickening is the way Obama grabbed the limelight for political point scoring. There was a bipartisan group working on a solution that both sides could support... and Obama basically grabbed it away from them just for political point scoring. Manipulating minorities like this is transparent and racist.

Unless the right of chain migration is permanently blocked for those children of illegal aliens that get citizenship through amnesty, then you would see a surge of people trying to game the system as they did after Reagan's amnesty.

I hope that the left does realize that supporting Obama ignoring the fact that Congress has already voted this issue down, will come back to bite them in the ass some fine day. We had three branches of government for a reason.

President Obama’s new amnesty policy regarding illegal aliens violates the law. But there’s probably no route to trump it either in Congress or in court, so the only recourse is for the American people to trump it by electing a new president.
Only Voters Can Hold Obama Accountable for Illegal Amnesty Policy

We can only hope that the voters are smart enough to do so when they do go to the polls in November. I guess we'll find out.

I hope that the left does realize that supporting Obama ignoring the fact that Congress has already voted this issue down, will come back to bite them in the ass some fine day.

Whatever support Obama had before Friday has probably diminished significantly. I'm sure the number of Dems who need help come November are praying he stays away from their district until the election's over.

Last edited:
Romney will be doing the same thing Obama has done

What Obama has done is follow the letter of the law, which provides for temporary (until 2014) relief from the annual benefit limit phaseout on insurance plans that can demonstrate premium/service disruptions in the interim.

He doesn't need to conjure executive orders to make it so because the law already directs HHS to do what it's done. Romney, on the other hand, will need to create new authority for himself in order to simply waiver the entire law on a whim.

But as I said, don't worry, I doubt he actually intends to do that.

Well he does. And he will.

Obama has set a precedent and Romney will have the political capital to take advantage of it. Obama has decided not to enforce laws so who can blame Romney for doing the same.

so you're saying latinos are too damn stupid to distinquish between legal and illegal?

No, I'm saying you're too damn stupid to figure out that Latino voters aren't distinguishing between the two categories; they just want a president who will actually attempt to address the problem.

No, I'm saying you're too damn stupid to figure out that Latino voters aren't distinguishing between the two categories; they just want a president who will actually attempt to address the problem.

I think they would rather have a president that doesn't put the damned issue off for 3 and a half years so he can steal the glory with half measures rather than real solutions.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

no stupid you said,, trying telling that to a latino.. you called latinos too stupid to distinquish between legal and illegal.. and if latinos really want illegals immigration then they've proved to be not very good citizens just like the asswipe in the wh who broke the law.
v

Romney was asked about 5 times yesterday if he'd reverse Obama's move and he refused to answer.

Enjoy your nominee, conservatives!!

Why should he bother? Obama is doing fine sinking himself, no need for Romney to jump in the water after him.

Forum List

Back