Only in stupid people's world... now worth $1.8 million!

Why is it that percentages do not matter in arguments like this one by some, but if you bring up the topic of something like Covid deaths, the people against Covid say 180,000 deaths isn't much because it is less than 1% of the population?

Of course more white people have been killed by the police, they make up over 4 times the number of Blacks in the U.S. population. Whites make up 63% while Blacks make up only 13%. Yet the raw numbers show only twice as many whites are killed by police than Blacks.
Because the rate of violent crimes is much higher with black men than for white men.

Wrong. I'd share all the numbers and criminological theories to show you why you are wrong, but I'd be wasting my time. You wouldn't read it, you'd say it was biased because it comes from college educated people that must be liberals, and then tell me of an anecdotal story as evidence to prove me wrong.

You still didn't touch why people are so selective of when they use percentages v. raw numbers.
FACTS...
Only 31 percent of black children under age 18 grow up in a household with two married parents (by a first or second marriage).
In contrast, 71 percent of white children grow up with two married parents (by a first or second marriage).
Now even if you are a non-college educated person, it would be apparent that two parents are more impactful, according to these statistics
than a single mother.

A family built around two parents has many advantages.
  • Two-parent families are statistically less likely to be poor.
  • They are also less likely to suffer addictions or engage in criminal behavior.
  • Children who grow up in homes where both mom and dad live under one roof have a greater chance to live successful, well-adjusted lives and create stable familial relationships for themselves.
So as a supposedly "college educated person" even the basic distinction as presented above should be obvious.
But just in case:
Blacks males especially without a father figure..(18 %) have a distrust of authority figures.
Now this 174 page study The Effect of Father Absence and Father Alternatives on Female and Male Rates of Violence
Shows the importance of the Father authority figure.
According to a report in "Fathers and Their Impact on Children's Well-Being":
Even from birth, children who have an involved father are more likely to be emotionally secure, be confident to explore their surroundings, and, as they grow older, have better social connections.

What this means is the violence of young blacks (with 82% no fathers) also shows resistance to authority. Hence again... if you don't understand this then you probably grew up in a father-less family and you won't get what Chris Rock shows:
Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

First shown 01/10/2006...

Yes, children growing up in a single parent home is very detrimental. Know why so many do? Like I said, I'm not going to waste my time explaining it because you all will not read it. I'll just say there are three major factors, the "War on drugs" including the 100 to 1 law that was only recently changed but still not equalized, Broken Windows & Hot Spot policing, and finally mandatory minimum laws on non-violent crimes.

ROFLMAO, those kinds of policies took NYC from a crime ridden hell hole to the safest large city in the country. Now they have been done away with, by you commies, crime is rising at an unprecedented rate. People in NYC are afraid again, that's why there is an exodus by those who have the ability to leave.

broken widows policing did two things, it made criminals realize they cops will even go after the small shit, and it caught people out on warrants for big shit when they got caught doing small shit.

Ignore the small shit and you end up encouraging bad behavior and losing out chances to pick up bigger fish.

I can't send you books full of information of why you are wrong, but this article will have to do. It is quite long and I doubt you guys will read it, but at least I tried to guide you. It is amazing how so many of you guys think you know what is really going on and how far off you are.

Wow, what a load of crap. They admit that quality of life and felony crimes declined during the six year period discussed. Yet they claim, with no real evidence, that there was no relation between the two. I call bullshit on that. From your link, my bold.

But a report released last week by the New York Police Department’s inspector general’s office found “no evidence” that the drop in felony crime during those six years was linked to the quality of life summonses or misdemeanor arrests, which also declined during that time.

All they did is prove that all crime, even minor crime, declines when the law is enforced.

While I usually agree that correlation does not equal causation, you can't say "That didn't cause it", all you can say is there could be other factors.

The other factors mentioned in the article were discriminatory and pure BS. They basically demanded the law be enforced differently against minorities, that's not equality.

Typical.

The thing is most of the complaints are coming from professional agitators, celebrity fellow travelers, and petty criminals themselves. Most law abiding people in these neighborhoods want the police to be active.

Why is it that percentages do not matter in arguments like this one by some, but if you bring up the topic of something like Covid deaths, the people against Covid say 180,000 deaths isn't much because it is less than 1% of the population?

Of course more white people have been killed by the police, they make up over 4 times the number of Blacks in the U.S. population. Whites make up 63% while Blacks make up only 13%. Yet the raw numbers show only twice as many whites are killed by police than Blacks.
Because the rate of violent crimes is much higher with black men than for white men.

Wrong. I'd share all the numbers and criminological theories to show you why you are wrong, but I'd be wasting my time. You wouldn't read it, you'd say it was biased because it comes from college educated people that must be liberals, and then tell me of an anecdotal story as evidence to prove me wrong.

You still didn't touch why people are so selective of when they use percentages v. raw numbers.
FACTS...
Only 31 percent of black children under age 18 grow up in a household with two married parents (by a first or second marriage).
In contrast, 71 percent of white children grow up with two married parents (by a first or second marriage).
Now even if you are a non-college educated person, it would be apparent that two parents are more impactful, according to these statistics
than a single mother.

• They are also less likely to suffer addictions or engage in criminal behavior.
  • Children who grow up in homes where both mom and dad live under one roof have a greater chance to live successful, well-adjusted lives and create stable familial relationships for themselves.
So as a supposedly "college educated person" even the basic distinction as presented above should be obvious.
But just in case:
Blacks males especially without a father figure..(18 %) have a distrust of authority figures.
Now this 174 page study The Effect of Father Absence and Father Alternatives on Female and Male Rates of Violence
Even from birth, children who have an involved father are more likely to be emotionally secure, be confident to explore their surroundings, and, as they grow older, have better social connections.

What this means is the violence of young blacks (with 82% no fathers) also shows resistance to authority. Hence again... if you don't understand this then you probably grew up in a father-less family and you won't get what Chris Rock shows:

Yes, children growing up in a single parent home is very detrimental. Know why so many do? Like I said, I'm not going to waste my time explaining it because you all will not read it. I'll just say there are three major factors, the "War on drugs" including the 100 to 1 law that was only recently changed but still not equalized, Broken Windows & Hot Spot policing, and finally mandatory minimum laws on non-violent crimes.

ROFLMAO, those kinds of policies took NYC from a crime ridden hell hole to the safest large city in the country. Now they have been done away with, by you commies, crime is rising at an unprecedented rate. People in NYC are afraid again, that's why there is an exodus by those who have the ability to leave.

broken widows policing did two things, it made criminals realize they cops will even go after the small shit, and it caught people out on warrants for big shit when they got caught doing small shit.

Ignore the small shit and you end up encouraging bad behavior and losing out chances to pick up bigger fish.

I can't send you books full of information of why you are wrong, but this article will have to do. It is quite long and I doubt you guys will read it, but at least I tried to guide you. It is amazing how so many of you guys think you know what is really going on and how far off you are.

Wow, what a load of crap. They admit that quality of life and felony crimes declined during the six year period discussed. Yet they claim, with no real evidence, that there was no relation between the two. I call bullshit on that. From your link, my bold.

But a report released last week by the New York Police Department’s inspector general’s office found “no evidence” that the drop in felony crime during those six years was linked to the quality of life summonses or misdemeanor arrests, which also declined during that time.

All they did is prove that all crime, even minor crime, declines when the law is enforced.

While I usually agree that correlation does not equal causation, you can't say "That didn't cause it", all you can say is there could be other factors.

The other factors mentioned in the article were discriminatory and pure BS. They basically demanded the law be enforced differently against minorities, that's not equality.

Do you know that through anonymous self-report surveys who are the biggest abusers of marijuana and prescription pills? Go ahead, feel free to look it up. Then look and see the percentages of arrests of those individuals versus others. Then look up who the conviction rates and disparity in sentencing favors.

Then go look up the ban the box movement.

I'm just scratching the surface with the leads I am giving you guys. I'm not going to do all the work to give you the information you won't read or quickly dismiss. It is a waste of my time.

Last edited:

FACTS...
than a single mother.

But just in case:

Do you know that through anonymous self-report surveys who are the biggest abusers of marijuana and prescription pills? Go ahead, feel free to look it up. Then look and see the percentages of arrests of those individuals versus others. Then look up who the conviction rates and disparity in sentencing favors.

I'm just scratching the surface with the leads I am giving you guys. I'm not going to do all the work to give you the information you won't read or quickly dismiss. It is a waste of my time.

So you get nailed on one point and, like the typical commie, you rush to change the subject. I've made my point, I'm not going to get on your Merry-go-round. We're talking about policing, not the court system.

FACTS...
than a single mother.

But just in case:

So you get nailed on one point and, like the typical commie, you rush to change the subject. I've made my point, I'm not going to get on your Merry-go-round. We're talking about policing, not the court system.

What point? Look up the phrase " spurious correlation."

FACTS...
than a single mother.

But just in case:

What point? Look up the phrase " spurious correlation."

Nah, try looking up "direct correlation". That's exactly what "Broken Windows" proves.

Forum List

Back