One Reason Racism Will Always Be a Big Issue In America

Owsi68

May 22, 2016
As long as racism exists there will always be a core element within each group who insist their group has had it the worst or overcame the most. I cringe when I see this because it seems so demeaning to the group they represent.

The argument must be premised on the fact that you believe your people were conquered and fucked up the ass (murdered, enslaved, oppressed) by one or many other groups. And is there really any respect to be found or earned by proving your group got conquered and sodomized more than anyone else? Or that your group made the greatest comeback ... after getting conquered and sodomized more than any other group?

It's too much like vying for or celebrating the title - "King of the Stupids".

Survey: Blacks Most Discriminated Against
Whites think discrimination against whites is a bigger problem than bias against blacks
Poll: Muslim-Americans face the most discrimination among ethnic/religious groups - Hot Air
The most discriminated-against people in America? It’s people like you, of course.

And even if we all agree that such a defeatist accomplishment is actually a badge of courage to be worn proudly, how do we agree on the judging factors? One point for enslavement but 10 points for having your native land overrun? How does one quantify all forms of misery or cruelty? Is the burning of White Catholic churches by White Protestants scored the same as the burning of Black Baptist churches by White Christians?

If you really want to make positive strides in racism, don't waste time arguing over who is the best of the worst. It means nothing and only serves to divide. Especially when it is highly likely such claims are being proposed to fellow victims of racism.

Racism is a moneymaker. Without racism, Sharpton would be on the street with a tin cup. But the Democrats have use for him.

Racism will continue to be an issue in America because there will always be a contingent of frightened, ignorant, hateful bigots and racists hostile to diversity, change, and inclusion – wrongheaded conservative reactionaries who incorrectly perceive immigrants, minorities, and other classes of persons as a ‘threat’ they must oppose and seek to disadvantage through force of law.

We can only hope that in time racists and bigots dwindle to such a tiny minority that they’ll no longer have the effect of polluting the American political process.

Racism Will Always be around. But do you think proving which group was discriminated against the most has any relevance or purpose in helping to ease racial tensions or reduce racism itself?

Racism will continue to be an issue in America because there will always be a contingent of frightened, ignorant, hateful bigots and racists hostile to diversity, change, and inclusion – wrongheaded conservative reactionaries who incorrectly perceive immigrants, minorities, and other classes of persons as a ‘threat’ they must oppose and seek to disadvantage through force of law.

We can only hope that in time racists and bigots dwindle to such a tiny minority that they’ll no longer have the effect of polluting the American political process.
Its ok, we get it. You're embarassed by your people's history of being easilly dominated. Like he said, you bent over and took it up the ass without a fight. The shame of being someone's prison bitch must be overwhelming.

I sure am glad my people don't have a history of pathetic weakness. We were never anyone's bitch.

I sure am glad my people don't have a history of pathetic weakness. We were never anyone's bitch.
Are you sure? What was your group? And please don't say Whte. Be more specific - like white Catholic, Irish, German, Protestant, etc.

The fact is most groups, be they racially or religiously based or some other unifying descriptor, have experienced defeat. Most overcame their past defeats but some just stagnated. In part because they were more interested in proving they were the King of the Stupids than proving they could rise above adversity.

Are you sure? What was your group? And please don't say Whte. Be more specific - like white Catholic, Irish, German, Protestant, etc.

The fact is most groups, be they racially or religiously based or some other unifying descriptor, have experienced defeat. Most overcame their past defeats but some just stagnated. In part because they were more interested in proving they were the King of the Stupids than proving they could rise above adversity.
I'm an American. Not an African American or an Asian american, just plain old american, and we have a history of kicking ass.

I welcome all people to drop their inferior cultures and join my winning team. I've got no problems with skin color; blacks, Hispanics Asians, arabs, you're ALL welcome, but don't wave your shitty culture in my face. I'll have none of that.

I'm an American. Not an African American or an Asian american, just plain old american, and we have a history of kicking ass..

Well now, that's one way to look at things. But "American" is not a race unless there is reference to Native Americans. And that last part is not totally true. I think you know that. Or I should say, I hope you know that. If you're going to be such a proud American I would hope you at least know American history.

I welcome all people to drop their inferior cultures and join my winning team. I've got no problems with skin color; blacks, Hispanics Asians, arabs, you're ALL welcome, but don't wave your shitty culture in my face. I'll have none of that.
No comment except to say that's a lot of racial ignorance and hate you just showed.

I agree about the 'we're all American' stuff but this post was about race in the U.S. race forum. And these days a discussion of racism includes prejudice shown to people because of religion and ethnicity. Most intelligent people don't call themselves a color on a spectrum or identify our race by telling you what country we were born or raised in.. We proudly say we're Italian, Chinese, Nigerian, Mexican, Catholic, Muslim, etc. Or we say Latino, European, African, etc

The history of nearly every group in America includes defeat and or oppression. Imho, knowing who exactly your people are; learning their history; and taking ownership of that history are required elements before anyone has a right to thump their chest with pride; claim superiority or oppression; or blame others for the failures of your group.

Last edited:
Saying you're American, White, or Black is like saying you have no idea what your ethnic heritage is or you don't care, or you are ashamed to admit it. To me it is just a cop out when Whites and Blacks want to discuss race but can't or won't identify their ethnicity. At a minimum, it completely invalidates any attempts.at making a direct comparison to others.

Point being no one should be flinging specific racial comparisons without first showing they know who their exact people are and what they have done. Don't want to be that specific? Fine, don't make specific claims. Keep it all the same - compare one country to another or one color to another. Don't compare apples and oranges and don't ignore or abandon your ethnicity whenever it is convenient to hide behind general terms.

Last edited:
Racism Will Always be around. But do you think proving which group was discriminated against the most has any relevance or purpose in helping to ease racial tensions or reduce racism itself?
It only has relevance in debates. I dont see anyone proudly saying they were the most discriminated against. Most people feel anger and shame over it. People are just reciting facts and opinions when whites start claiming "aww quit your bellyachin. It werent that bad".

The main point of debating is to educate people and show them your viewpoint. If you cant understand where I am coming from you for damn sure will never get over your racism.

One Reason Racism Will Always Be a Big Issue In America

Because of all the fucking racists?

I'm an American. Not an African American or an Asian american, just plain old american, and we have a history of kicking ass..

Well now, that's one way to look at things. But "American" is not a race unless there is reference to Native Americans. And that last part is not totally true. I think you know that. Or I should say, I hope you know that. If you're going to be such a proud American I would hope you at least know American history.

No comment except to say that's a lot of racial ignorance and hate you just showed.

I agree about the 'we're all American' stuff but this post was about race in the U.S. race forum. And these days a discussion of racism includes prejudice shown to people because of religion and ethnicity. Most intelligent people don't call themselves a color on a spectrum or identify our race by telling you what country we were born or raised in.. We proudly say we're Italian, Chinese, Nigerian, Mexican, Catholic, Muslim, etc. Or we say Latino, European, African, etc

The history of nearly every group in America includes defeat and or oppression. Imho, knowing who exactly your people are; learning their history; and taking ownership of that history are required elements before anyone has a right to thump their chest with pride; claim superiority or oppression; or blame others for the failures of your group.
247896ff991656cc2ad195ecab46da26.jpg

Ethnic identity is a substitute for self-worth.
Actually they are one and the same. If you dont know your history and culture then you have no roots. Thats why white people struggle with having inferiority complexes and have to make up lies about history in order to feel better. They were last to many things and have nothing they can point to that they have done without the help of other races.

Actually they are one and the same. If you dont know your history and culture then you have no roots. Thats why white people struggle with having inferiority complexes and have to make up lies about history in order to feel better. They were last to many things and have nothing they can point to that they have done without the help of other races.

Too funny. They only created Western civilization.

Lefties don't want to ease racial tensions or reduce racism itself.

Racial tension is their bread and butter.

Too funny. They only created Western civilization.
Nope. They didnt even do that without help from other races and stealing from other civilizations.

Soooo, if he wanted to identity as a little girl, that's fine, but if he want to identify as an America that's wrong?

Newsflash, more and more people are identifying as ethnic Americans.

And considering the large amount of ethnic intermingling here, that has been going on for centuries, that is completely legitimate.

Saying you're American, White, or Black is like saying you have no idea what your ethnic heritage is or you don't care, or you are ashamed to admit it.

Any of that or more, what is it do you and who are you to judge?

To me it is just a cop out when Whites and Blacks want to discuss race but can't or won't identify their ethnicity. At a minimum, it completely invalidates any attempts.at making a direct comparison to others.

Why are you looking for reasons to dismiss other peoples' opinions instead of addressing them?

Point being no one should be flinging specific racial comparisons without first showing they know who their exact people are and what they have done....

Why not? What are you afraid of? And who are you to tell people what they have to do before they are allowed to voice an opinion?

Forum List

Back