one nation, under god

Just out of curiosity... has anyone stopped to think how much it might actually cost to remove In God We Trust from all us currency currently in circulation...about to be circulated? To remake all plate, stamps, dies, etc.? Can't imagine it would be cheap.

Eh, just grind it off the old plates. :lol:

You don't have to replace current currency, just don't put it on the new stuff. Besides, this is about the "under god" in the pledge, not the US motto on coins. We don't require school children read their money every morning.

You can't really just grind it off the plates, etc. I know you were being facetious, but for those out there who will latch onto that, just cant do it. You'd ruin the plates/dies.

I know the thread was mainly talking about 'under God' in the pledge. However, in most cases, the same people who have voiced an opinion on their desire to remove that from the pledge, have also expressed the desire to remove 'In God We Trust' from US currency.

Just out of curiosity... has anyone stopped to think how much it might actually cost to remove In God We Trust from all us currency currently in circulation...about to be circulated? To remake all plate, stamps, dies, etc.? Can't imagine it would be cheap.

i think they continually change the plates/stamps/dies to make it harder for counterfeiters.

Why do we still even have the Pledge of Allegiance? Did anybody ever take the pledge seriously growing up when you were forced to recite it?

What is this, fucking Communist Korea where we demand excessive outward shows of loyalty?

bush_satan_worship.jpg

220105sign2.jpg

Several More: Here He is

photoshop is a good tool for weak minded fools like you, Shitting Bull.

Some of those may not be photoshopped since that's the symbol for Texas, it's a longhorn thing.

On another note I don't see why anyone should have to say the pledge, maybe for like a military school i guess. Not believing in god is one thing, but also if a kid doesn't support this country s/he shouldn't be forced to say it or be alienated in a classroom full of ppl saying it while s/he doesn't.

ACTON (CBS) – The Pledge of Allegiance is becoming a sore subject in the Acton-Boxborough school district, all because of the words “under God.”

“Atheists and Humanists do not accept the notion of God,” says attorney David Niose.

An Acton family, who is atheist and chooses to remain anonymous, is suing the school district claiming they are discriminating against their children during the pledge. They want the words “under God” taken out

Acton Family Wants “Under God” Removed From Pledge Of Allegiance « CBS Boston

thoughts?

I doubt seriously they take the pledge of allegiance seriously at all anyway.. this is just another attack on religion, pure and simple. I'm sure they have the option of not participating, so, perhaps they should exercise that option... bit then they will clamor about their patriotism, etc.

Anyway, a handful of people now want the national pleadge changed to suit their world view? How many of these people are there nationally? 1,000,000.. maybe...? I know a few, they don't care about this shit one way or another.

No, Del.
Big difference.

Like I said, no one is being forced, by rule od law, to say The Pledge.

Obama is trying to stop "the free exercise thereof" though rule of law.

Hypocritical is screaming "Separation of Church and State!!" while applauding a President for telling a religious institution what it can and cannot do.
:eusa_whistle:

hypocritical is saying you can't fuck with my religious beliefs, but if i fuck with yours, just don't say the words.

yep

hypocritical

Remove the words, or don't say them. So what? Same result.
I'm not forcing you, BY RULE OF LAW, to say "under God".

There is nothing "religious" about pledging allegiance to our Flag.

Which word in "no law" is fuzzy?

neither of them

which part of hypocritical baffles you?

The way Obama is stacking the judges and creating new judgement space? It will be a waste of money imo.

If he starts stacking Justices, I recommend he put the fat ones, Thomas and Scalia, on the bottom, and skinny Ginsburg on top.

It just makes good engineering sense.

:rofl:

So, we agree in stacking principle Synth. He started long ago though.

But, hey, for us it's a start. :thup:

us?

And Jehovah Witnesses refuse to "pledge allegiance" to anything/anyone other than God.

You know what they do about The Pledge in schools????

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

They don't tie up our courts with frivolous bullshit to stop other people from saying it.
:cool:

will it be frivolous if the catholic church takes obama to court?

because it's the same thing-religious freedom

Religious freedom is only guaranteed by the constitution outside of government operations.

public schools are a govt operation :eusa_shhh:

ACTON (CBS) – The Pledge of Allegiance is becoming a sore subject in the Acton-Boxborough school district, all because of the words “under God.”

“Atheists and Humanists do not accept the notion of God,” says attorney David Niose.

An Acton family, who is atheist and chooses to remain anonymous, is suing the school district claiming they are discriminating against their children during the pledge. They want the words “under God” taken out

thoughts?

the truth is, del, that the words weren't in the pledge until mccarthy and his fellow HUAC commie hunters decided to weed out commies by putting it in.

i wouldn't mind that era being wiped out. personally, i don't think it makes a whit of difference one way or the other.

it was the k of c that had them inserted in 1954

i don't really care either, but i thought that if i argued that the govt had no business requiring the church to pay for birth control, then to be consistent i needed to rail against this particular inequity.

thoughts?

We need to get rid of any mention of "god" until he gets rid of the gays.

you'll be missed

by someone

This is the greatest Country in the freaking world. Quit whining about something that that you don't have to do anyway. Don't say the words if you are uncomfortable and worry about the price of gas or something a bit more important.

thoughts?

I doubt seriously they take the pledge of allegiance seriously at all anyway.. this is just another attack on religion, pure and simple. I'm sure they have the option of not participating, so, perhaps they should exercise that option... bit then they will clamor about their patriotism, etc.

Anyway, a handful of people now want the national pleadge changed to suit their world view? How many of these people are there nationally? 1,000,000.. maybe...? I know a few, they don't care about this shit one way or another.

Was it an attack on the non-religious when they first inserted it in 1954?

If no, please explain how inserting it isn't an attack on the non-religious and taking it away is an attack on the religious.

If yes, then explain why removing the attack on non-religious is a bad thing.

This is the greatest Country in the freaking world. Quit whining about something that that you don't have to do anyway. Don't say the words if you are uncomfortable and worry about the price of gas or something a bit more important.

the reason it's the greatest country in the freaking world is because we have freedom

even 24k asshats like you :thup:

thoughts?

the truth is, del, that the words weren't in the pledge until mccarthy and his fellow HUAC commie hunters decided to weed out commies by putting it in.

i wouldn't mind that era being wiped out. personally, i don't think it makes a whit of difference one way or the other.

i don't really care either, but i thought that if i argued that the govt had no business requiring the church to pay for birth control, then to be consistent i needed to rail against this particular inequity.

ohhhhhhhh... here i thought you were complaining that some were challenging the use of the words rather than defending the challenge.

my bad. :redface:

ohhhhhhhh... here i thought you were complaining that some were challenging the use of the words rather than defending the challenge.

my bad. :redface:

no worries

emerson would say i have a little mind :)

And Jehovah Witnesses refuse to "pledge allegiance" to anything/anyone other than God.

You know what they do about The Pledge in schools????

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

They don't tie up our courts with frivolous bullshit to stop other people from saying it.
:cool:

will it be frivolous if the catholic church takes obama to court?

because it's the same thing-religious freedom

Religious freedom is only guaranteed by the constitution outside of government operations.

And that is why the left is spending so much time and money trying to make everything under the sun a 'government operation', that's the key to everything isn't it? You take government money, you follow government rules, yet it's becoming almost impossible to get out from underneath it, they have their fingers in everything. It's out of control.

Forum List

Back