one nation, under god

And that is why the left is spending so much time and money trying to make everything under the sun a 'government operation', that's the key to everything isn't it? You take government money, you follow government rules, yet it's becoming almost impossible to get out from underneath it, they have their fingers in everything. It's out of control.

what on earth are you yammering about?

Not surprising that you wouldn't undersrtand, dear...go back to playing in traffic...

What was this exactly...? ^ Speaking of childish bullying, hypocrite...?

Try not being so emotional and comprehend the thread for what it is...You're so stuck on righteously defending your precious God, but you treat people like shit...

what on earth are you yammering about?

Not surprising that you wouldn't undersrtand, dear...go back to playing in traffic...

Try not being so emotional and comprehend the thread for what it is...You're so stuck on righteously defending your precious God, but you treat people like shit...

And Jillian doesn't believe in God, is that what you're saying? So it's okay for her to 'treat people like shit'? Or maybe you missed her comment in red? Your bias is showing... :eusa_shhh:

ACTON (CBS) – The Pledge of Allegiance is becoming a sore subject in the Acton-Boxborough school district, all because of the words “under God.”

“Atheists and Humanists do not accept the notion of God,” says attorney David Niose.

An Acton family, who is atheist and chooses to remain anonymous, is suing the school district claiming they are discriminating against their children during the pledge. They want the words “under God” taken out

Acton Family Wants “Under God” Removed From Pledge Of Allegiance « CBS Boston

thoughts?

I doubt seriously they take the pledge of allegiance seriously at all anyway.. this is just another attack on religion, pure and simple. I'm sure they have the option of not participating, so, perhaps they should exercise that option... bit then they will clamor about their patriotism, etc.

Anyway, a handful of people now want the national pleadge changed to suit their world view? How many of these people are there nationally? 1,000,000.. maybe...? I know a few, they don't care about this shit one way or another.

Was it an attack on the non-religious when they first inserted it in 1954?

If no, please explain how inserting it isn't an attack on the non-religious and taking it away is an attack on the religious.

If yes, then explain why removing the attack on non-religious is a bad thing.

Hopefully i get a response to this before this thread gets too badly hijacked.

And Jillian doesn't believe in God, is that what you're saying? So it's okay for her to 'treat people like shit'? Or maybe you missed her comment in red? Your bias is showing... :eusa_shhh:

Your post WAS yammering nonsense and saying so is not at all unkind. I'll be amazed the first time I ever see you post anything that isn't just smarmy inference.

Jillian DOES believe in God, so your ridiculousness is showing. :eusa_shhh:

ACTON (CBS) – The Pledge of Allegiance is becoming a sore subject in the Acton-Boxborough school district, all because of the words “under God.”

“Atheists and Humanists do not accept the notion of God,” says attorney David Niose.

An Acton family, who is atheist and chooses to remain anonymous, is suing the school district claiming they are discriminating against their children during the pledge. They want the words “under God” taken out

thoughts?

the truth is, del, that the words weren't in the pledge until mccarthy and his fellow HUAC commie hunters decided to weed out commies by putting it in.

i wouldn't mind that era being wiped out. personally, i don't think it makes a whit of difference one way or the other.

This ^^

thoughts?

I doubt seriously they take the pledge of allegiance seriously at all anyway.. this is just another attack on religion, pure and simple. I'm sure they have the option of not participating, so, perhaps they should exercise that option... bit then they will clamor about their patriotism, etc.

Anyway, a handful of people now want the national pleadge changed to suit their world view? How many of these people are there nationally? 1,000,000.. maybe...? I know a few, they don't care about this shit one way or another.

Was it an attack on the non-religious when they first inserted it in 1954?

If no, please explain how inserting it isn't an attack on the non-religious and taking it away is an attack on the religious.

If yes, then explain why removing the attack on non-religious is a bad thing.

For a start, Motive. What was behind each movement? What percentage of support should merit change? Should it be the same bar?

Jillian does not believe in God?
Someone does not know Jillian very well.
;)

Most of us believe in God.Most of us believe Unalienable Right's, come from God. Do we hide in our closets with that belief or exercise it? This is not so much a Sect Issue, where we are divided. The exceptions are rare. To state One Nation Under God, surely has motives more relevant than offending Non Believers. I think it is more a question of tolerance. That and Who's tolerance of Whom?

Your post WAS yammering nonsense and saying so is not at all unkind. I'll be amazed the first time I ever see you post anything that isn't just smarmy inference.

Jillian DOES believe in God, so your ridiculousness is showing. :eusa_shhh:

Wow.... okay, nevermind, complete waste of my time.. :lol:

Most of us believe in God.Most of us believe Unalienable Right's, come from God. Do we hide in our closets with that belief or exercise it? This is not so much a Sect Issue, where we are divided. The exceptions are rare. To state One Nation Under God, surely has motives more relevant than offending Non Believers. I think it is more a question of tolerance. That and Who's tolerance of Whom?

Bingo Maximus!

Yep I do not believe and yet get along fine with those around me. Most of who do believe or at least think they do ;)
I respect prople not the belief. If that person wants to believe something I do not care as long as it does not negatively impact my life/freedoms.

Some of the finest people I kow are TRUE Christians who try and live a Christlike life.
They are kind and caring people. Not selfish and agressive.

;)

Who said that Jillian doesn't believe in God? That was just one possible translation of Valerie's mental acrobatics as she tried to jump on Newby for rudeness while ignoring the incivility Newby was responding to.

Valerie can be really sharp.

But her mental faculties go haywire when she tries to defend Jillian and Ravi.

it's easier to be tolerant when you're getting your way, imo.

if the purpose of the pledge is to unite us, why insert a reference to god, which divides us, however unevenly?

;)

Who said that Jillian doesn't believe in God? That was just one possible translation of Valerie's mental acrobatics as she tried to jump on Newby for rudeness while ignoring the incivility Newby was responding to.

The way I read those quotes, Newby made the assumption that Jillian did not believe in God.

Did I misunderstand?
Or was there something previous that I missed?

Bingo Maximus!

Yep I do not believe and yet get along fine with those around me. Most of who do believe or at least think they do ;)
I respect prople not the belief. If that person wants to believe something I do not care as long as it does not negatively impact my life/freedoms.

Some of the finest people I kow are TRUE Christians who try and live a Christlike life.
They are kind and caring people. Not selfish and agressive.

Yep. Assertive is so much more positive in nature, without stepping on toes. :lol: NYer's are so easy to spot, huh. :lol:

One Nation, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for ALL.

"ALL" includes atheists...I've got NO problem with that... :thup:

it's easier to be tolerant when you're getting your way, imo.

if the purpose of the pledge is to unite us, why insert a reference to god, which divides us, however unevenly?

It is easiest to be tolerant when you are at peace with yourself.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
;)

The way I read those quotes, Newby made the assumption that Jillian did not believe in God.

Did I misunderstand?

You misunderstood.. but, don't worry about it, it's not important anyway.. ;)

;)

Did I misunderstand?

Newby and Amelia are ganging up in their "clique" and "bullying" me! Waaaa! :lol:

Did I misunderstand?

Newby and Amelia are ganging up in their "clique" and "bullying" me! Waaaa! :lol:

Huh?

Forum List

Back