one nation, under god

Whose religious freedoms are being trampled on by The Pledge?

Who is being forced, by rule of law, to say it?

good point, but i think it's intellectually dishonest to give it a pass on one hand, and decry obama's actions toward the catholics on the other.

hypocritical is the word, i believe

No, Del.
Big difference.

Like I said, no one is being forced, by rule od law, to say The Pledge.

Obama is trying to stop "the free exercise thereof" though rule of law.

Hypocritical is screaming "Separation of Church and State!!" while applauding a President for telling a religious institution what it can and cannot do.
:eusa_whistle:

If the religious institution employe people, the role as employer shouldn't get any special privileges AT ALL. Obama shouldn't have even tried to appease those power hungry, no uterus, no milk busybodies. See what happened when he did? They felt mighty, and spit at the offer. If they're going to be political organizations, they damned sure should be taxed as such.

good point, but i think it's intellectually dishonest to give it a pass on one hand, and decry obama's actions toward the catholics on the other.

hypocritical is the word, i believe

No, Del.
Big difference.

Hypocritical is screaming "Separation of Church and State!!" while applauding a President for telling a religious institution what it can and cannot do.

If the religious institution employe people, the role as employer shouldn't get any special privileges AT ALL. Obama shouldn't have even tried to appease those power hungry, no uterus, no milk busybodies. See what happened when he did? They felt mighty, and spit at the offer. If they're going to be political organizations, they damned sure should be taxed as such.

So keep churches separate EXCEPT when they do "this" or when they do "that".
The Founders had it right.
They don't need your help.

"No Law regarding......the free exercise thereof"
/

No, Del.
Big difference.

/

Nothing so fuzzy as "this or that," employment law is established, and what they're insisting on is the right to discriminate. everybody means everybody, and it is THEY who are looking for special privilege.

And Jehovah Witnesses refuse to "pledge allegiance" to anything/anyone other than God.

You know what they do about The Pledge in schools????

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

They don't tie up our courts with frivolous bullshit to stop other people from saying it.
:cool:

will it be frivolous if the catholic church takes obama to court?

because it's the same thing-religious freedom

The way Obama is stacking the judges and creating new judgement space? It will be a waste of money imo.

If he starts stacking Justices, I recommend he put the fat ones, Thomas and Scalia, on the bottom, and skinny Ginsburg on top.

It just makes good engineering sense.

/

Nothing so fuzzy as "this or that," employment law is established, and what they're insisting on is the right to discriminate. everybody means everybody, and it is THEY who are looking for special privilege.

Don't apply. Simple.

See how easy that is?

The way Obama is stacking the judges and creating new judgement space? It will be a waste of money imo.

If he starts stacking Justices, I recommend he put the fat ones, Thomas and Scalia, on the bottom, and skinny Ginsburg on top.

:rofl:

So, we agree in stacking principle Synth. He started long ago though.

But, hey, for us it's a start. :thup:

Don't all presidents attempt to appoint their side's judges?

Don't all presidents attempt to appoint their side's judges?

And create an entirely new structure with additional voting judges?

No.

I think we've gone WAAAAAYYYYYY overboard on this shit. You don't like the words? Don't say 'em and get a life.

Reading through the responses and such, yours stood out for sound thought and reason. Yes, its an intriguing discussion topic for sure, but in reality, you are correct. Well said.

Robert

Wrong god. They don't call it The Great Satan for nothing !
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de42DDN44H8]NWO Horned hand (Satanic Hand Signals) - YouTube[/ame]

bush_satan_worship.jpg

220105sign2.jpg

Several More: Here He is

And Jehovah Witnesses refuse to "pledge allegiance" to anything/anyone other than God.

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

They don't tie up our courts with frivolous bullshit to stop other people from saying it.

Religious freedom is only guaranteed by the constitution outside of government operations.

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

Nah, no one is forcing anyone to say the pledge just like no one is forcing catholics to take bc.

No, Del.
Big difference.

/
Or keep them separate when they are being a business instead of a church.

ACTON (CBS) – The Pledge of Allegiance is becoming a sore subject in the Acton-Boxborough school district, all because of the words “under God.”

“Atheists and Humanists do not accept the notion of God,” says attorney David Niose.

An Acton family, who is atheist and chooses to remain anonymous, is suing the school district claiming they are discriminating against their children during the pledge. They want the words “under God” taken out

Acton Family Wants “Under God” Removed From Pledge Of Allegiance « CBS Boston

thoughts?

the truth is, del, that the words weren't in the pledge until mccarthy and his fellow HUAC commie hunters decided to weed out commies by putting it in.

i wouldn't mind that era being wiped out. personally, i don't think it makes a whit of difference one way or the other.

A pic of some good ol American boys saluting the cross.

kkk-ku-klux-klan2.jpg

Hmm a few conflicts there.
Freedom of religion? sheesh.

Forum List

Back