One more try: What should we do in Iraq?

Americans who keep themselves informed can easily give knowledgeable opinions on domestic matters, but there is a great deal about foreign affairs that we don't know and have to trust to our leaders.

But we can look to our general principals, and to history.

After WWII, we tried to civilize the Muslims to buy their oil. Civilized people make contracts and honor them. We found the oil for them, and we produced it for them, and we paid them for---and made them rich.

But, it is now perfectly clear that we cannot civilize them. They live in the 9th century and they are determined to stay there.

If we pull out, we let them go back to killing each other with even a greater gusto than in many past centuries, because we have given them the money to buy weapons. One of these barbaric Muslims tribes is soon to have a nuclear bomb.

If we let them kill each other, which seems to be the prevailing wisdom, what is the likelihood that oil will hit $150, maybe $200 very soon. Should that be considered. We have enough oil ourselves to let them kill each other...but Obama just hates our oil. The Heartland folks, are mostly the ones who have it...and they are mostly Republicans.

Now, letting Jihadists Muslim Lunatics have their own state, in which to train and export Muslims Lunatics who think they will get 72 virgins...if they take a few American with them when they blow themsleves up...that probably won't be a problem right off the bat. The politicians can figure to get past the 2014 elections, may even the 2016...but the Muslims Lunatics will be coming to "Kill the Infidel--which is us---and they will be coming for New York City first.

So, we can have "peace in our time"...peace for maybe a few years...by just getting the hell out.

I guess that's o.k.. I'm in the oil business, and I don't live in New York.

But, as an American, I think you fight Evil when and where it is found...and that New York harbor is a poor place to set up your first line of defense.

We don't give up, that is un-American.

We protect the freedom of the Iraqi people.

We defend against the radical Muslims which should be the goal of all of civilized world.

I know many won't like this, but I like oil, we protect the oil fields from the radicals. Blow all of the radicals to their virgins if need be.

Mac and Freewill, if you feel about it that way, then go enlist and go overseas.

If you guys want to fight evil, then stay here and work to defeat the TP, the social con far right, and the atheist far left.

You will do more good here than in Iraq.

Mac and Freewill, if you feel about it that way, then go enlist and go overseas.

What are you talking about, Jake? I am anti-war and I say that consistently.

Way to misrepresent my position precisely 180 degrees.

Go back to pretending to be a Republican, as if anyone is still buying that..

You are not the only Mac but jump guiltily. Hmmm.

You are not what you want folks to think you are.

I am mainstream GOP and we have the power now. The far right does not.

We should do nothing...perhaps hold a parade for the Bush administration for igniting a situation where our enemies are killing each other!

We should do nothing...perhaps hold a parade for the Bush administration for igniting a situation where our enemies are killing each other!

Until one enemy wins, and turns on the US? No thanks.

LOL...thats when we start bombing!

Short of taking over the region...there will always be a faction out to get the US and there will always be the smell of war in the air.

LOL...thats when we start bombing!

Short of taking over the region...there will always be a faction out to get the US and there will always be the smell of war in the air.

Thus, we want the weakest faction against the US. Then they can chant all they desire, see Iran, moving toward a secular government, with a nominal Ayatollah.

Forum List

Back